DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Nokia Monitor 446XS Mysterious standby problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/86228-nokia-monitor-446xs-mysterious-standby-problem.html)

[email protected] January 14th 05 02:49 AM

Nokia Monitor 446XS Mysterious standby problem

I have this Nokia 446Xs monitor that has worked great since I got it,
but recently it started going into standby mode (i think) for no
apparent reason. The screen will go black and the light will turn from
green to orange, but even when you unplug the monitor cable from the
computer, you don't get an error message saying that that there is no
signal and the cable is not connected like normal. I have tried it on
two other computers and it does the same. I have the power settings on
always on, never shut off and it still turns off. I have searched all
the monitor settings, looking for a powersave option, but have not
found one. This is a big mystery to me so if anyone out there has any
ideas, I'd be glead to try something else. Thanks

Jerry G. January 14th 05 04:14 AM

The power supply is being shut down, because it is going in to protect mode.
There is something failing in the monitor, and thus the protection function
is coming on.

The monitor will have to be properly serviced. There may be fault occurring
in the scan circuits, high voltage section, or the protection circuit
itself. It is also possible that the picture tube has a fault, and thus
triggering the protection function. There is also a possibility that
something else in one of the video circuits is failing, and also triggering
the protection circuits.

If the monitor is more than about 4 to 5 years old, I would be looking to
replace it, rather than to invest any money in to it. If it has a lot of
hours on it, there is the possibility that there will be more faults in a
short time.

--

Jerry G.
=====

oups.com...

Svenn Are Bjerkem January 15th 05 05:02 PM

wrote:
I have this Nokia 446Xs monitor that has worked great since I got it,
but recently it started going into standby mode (i think) for no
apparent reason. The screen will go black and the light will turn from
green to orange, but even when you unplug the monitor cable from the
computer, you don't get an error message saying that that there is no
signal and the cable is not connected like normal. I have tried it on

I have a 449M that showed the same behaviour and I tracked it down to be
the cable because it came and went when I bent the cable. I have my
cable curled up a special way, and so it works now for a long time.

--
Svenn Bjerkem