Bruno Beam

Default How to repair my damaged PC ????

My PC crashed last night and I got furious and cut it to pieces with a
chainsaw.Now I'm sorry.

How can I repair it?
CJT

Bruno Beam wrote:
My PC crashed last night and I got furious and cut it to pieces with a
chainsaw.Now I'm sorry.

How can I repair it?

Pop it in the time reverser.

BigTom

the time reverser(aka "way back machine") is rather limited in its
function due to incompatibility with WindowsXP,NT,2000.
therefore it still runs Win98 and can only go back to dates
between 1998 and 2000(Y2k bug).
my advice would be to try superglue or paperclips.
although this could be tricky depending on the amount of pieces.
one thing we highly recommend on this NG is a good Service Manual.
it will help you to identify those nasty components like the FBT and
fully charged line caps.
of course if the job looks too big then "professional help"
may be needed.
if money is a problem you could always make extra cash cutting wood
(if the blade is still ok). or you could sell the chainsaw.

CJT wrote:
Bruno Beam wrote:

My PC crashed last night and I got furious and cut it to pieces with a
chainsaw.Now I'm sorry.

How can I repair it?

Pop it in the time reverser.

Anthony Fremont

"BigTom" wrote in message

my advice would be to try superglue or paperclips.
although this could be tricky depending on the amount of pieces.
one thing we highly recommend on this NG is a good Service Manual.
it will help you to identify those nasty components like the FBT and
fully charged line caps.
of course if the job looks too big then "professional help"
may be needed.

Yet another typical reply from a home DIY'er. Real professionals know
that the proper solution for this problem is duct tape, and
checking/resoldering the HOT.

Another thing.....about those FBT's. Real computer geeks don't need no
stinkin' CRT displays. Just some switches, buttons, and blinky lights
are all that's needed for the true connoisseur. Well, on second
thought, maybe a few (boxes of) Hollerith cards would be nice, but
absolutely no sequence numbers allowed.

if money is a problem you could always make extra cash cutting wood
(if the blade is still ok). or you could sell the chainsaw.

He may also wish to consider making a movie in Texas.

HTH, HAND ;-)

Asimov

"Bruno Beam" bravely wrote to "All" (15 Dec 04 00:22:51)
--- on the heady topic of "How to repair my damaged PC ????"

BB From: (Bruno Beam)

BB My PC crashed last night and I got furious and cut it to pieces with a
BB chainsaw.Now I'm sorry.

BB How can I repair it?

Have you tried posting in ALT.PC.MIRACLES yet?

.... Who's got the Thermonuclear Welding Set? - ToddS

jakdedert

Bruno Beam wrote:
My PC crashed last night and I got furious and cut it to pieces with a
chainsaw.Now I'm sorry.

How can I repair it?

A new chain--perhaps a new bar--should have it fixed back up. Be sure to
use the proper gas/oil mixture, and keep the chain properly tensioned. They
tend to stretch a bit with the first few uses.

jak

Sam Goldwasser

"jakdedert" writes:

Bruno Beam wrote:
My PC crashed last night and I got furious and cut it to pieces with a
chainsaw.Now I'm sorry.

How can I repair it?

A new chain--perhaps a new bar--should have it fixed back up. Be sure to
use the proper gas/oil mixture, and keep the chain properly tensioned. They
tend to stretch a bit with the first few uses.

Especially when cutting through sheet steel and fiberglas-Epoxy PCBs.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

someone

"Bruno Beam" wrote in message
om...
My PC crashed last night and I got furious and cut it to pieces with a
chainsaw.Now I'm sorry.

How can I repair it?

I hope you cut up the hdd while you were busy with the chainsaw!
Otherwise some wiseass agency type will probably use a super duper electron
microscope to check your porn out!

Now, the serious question - was it the porn download that crashed the
computer?

They no longer repair "IT", IT is outsourced.

someone

NSM

"Bruno Beam" wrote in message
om...
| My PC crashed last night and I got furious and cut it to pieces with a
| chainsaw.Now I'm sorry.
|
| How can I repair it?

Tape it together with duct tape and spray plenty of WD-40 in it.

Michael Black

Bruno Beam ) writes:
My PC crashed last night and I got furious and cut it to pieces with a
chainsaw.Now I'm sorry.

How can I repair it?

This is a troll, the whole point of his posting (as he's posted to
all kinds of newsgroups with sort of on-topic but useless posts) is
to get people to reply, so their message will land in the other
newsgroup he cross-posted to, scot.tld

Any reply that includes that other newsgroup has resulted in the
result that he wanted.

Micahel

jakdedert

Michael Black wrote:
Bruno Beam ) writes:
My PC crashed last night and I got furious and cut it to pieces with
a chainsaw.Now I'm sorry.

How can I repair it?

This is a troll, the whole point of his posting (as he's posted to
all kinds of newsgroups with sort of on-topic but useless posts) is
to get people to reply, so their message will land in the other
newsgroup he cross-posted to, scot.tld

Any reply that includes that other newsgroup has resulted in the
result that he wanted.

Unless you delete the crosspost address. I didn't, but my news server
didn't resolve that group anyway. At least it wasn't one of those
'fake-sincere' requests that these guys sometimes post....

jak

Micahel

Jerry G.

I think he needs a gallon of epoxy, and let it dry overnight.

Since it is this time of the year, for a request for a new computer in case
that the epoxy doesn't stick too well, he can write a letter to:

Santa Clause
1 North Pole Rd. N.
North Pole (Above North Canada)
H9Z 1Y9
North Pole

He still has time, since the mail air drop is about once a week, weather
permitting.

We have a weather forecast that is from the closest observation point
possible.
http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/forecast/city_e.html?WGZ

What is good about this region, is that the weather is very constant all
year around. From the end of January, to about the beginning of March
however, temperatures can drop to about -60 on the average. So, it is still
very mild for that area at this time of the year. It is still a good time
for a vacation over there, respectively. Just make sure you have lots of
woollies on when you go outside for a stroll.

Text Forecast from Environment Canada
Grise Fiord: Issued 11.00 AM EST Thursday 16 December 2004
Today .. Clear. High minus 36.
Tonight .. Clear. Low minus 37.
Friday .. Clear. High minus 34.
Saturday .. Clear. Low minus 37. High minus 32.
Sunday .. Clear. Low minus 35. High minus 29.
Monday .. Clear. Low minus 32. High minus 29.

Normals for the period .. Low minus 27. High minus 19.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"Asimov" wrote in message
"Bruno Beam" bravely wrote to "All" (15 Dec 04 00:22:51)
--- on the heady topic of "How to repair my damaged PC ????"

BB From: (Bruno Beam)

BB My PC crashed last night and I got furious and cut it to pieces with a
BB chainsaw.Now I'm sorry.

BB How can I repair it?

Have you tried posting in ALT.PC.MIRACLES yet?

.... Who's got the Thermonuclear Welding Set? - ToddS

Attached Images

NSM

wrote in message

| Google groups (the service the troll uses to post) has already expressed
| that will not take action based on complaints about this type of behavior.

Google groups is spammer's heaven nowadays.

Lee Babcock

Jerry G. wrote:
I think he needs a gallon of epoxy, and let it dry overnight.

Since it is this time of the year, for a request for a new computer in case
that the epoxy doesn't stick too well, he can write a letter to:

Santa Clause
1 North Pole Rd. N.
North Pole (Above North Canada)
H9Z 1Y9
North Pole

Jerry..... actually, his correct address is:

Santa Claus
North Pole
Canada
Postal code is HoHoHo, and they try to answer all letters.

I like the idea of the epoxy, but you guys were a little off on the area
of application! g
Regards
Lee in Toronto

NSM

"Lee Babcock" wrote in message
| Jerry G. wrote:
| I think he needs a gallon of epoxy, and let it dry overnight.
|
| Since it is this time of the year, for a request for a new computer in
case
| that the epoxy doesn't stick too well, he can write a letter to:
|
| Santa Clause
| 1 North Pole Rd. N.
| North Pole (Above North Canada)
| H9Z 1Y9
| North Pole
|
| Jerry..... actually, his correct address is:
|
| Santa Claus
| North Pole
| Canada
| Postal code is HoHoHo

Please format your letter correctly:

Santa Claus
North Pole H0H 0H0
Canada

The '0' in the postal code is a zero.

Tom MacIntyre

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 01:35:37 GMT, "NSM" wrote:

"Lee Babcock" wrote in message
| Jerry G. wrote:
| I think he needs a gallon of epoxy, and let it dry overnight.
|
| Since it is this time of the year, for a request for a new computer in
case
| that the epoxy doesn't stick too well, he can write a letter to:
|
| Santa Clause
| 1 North Pole Rd. N.
| North Pole (Above North Canada)
| H9Z 1Y9
| North Pole
|
| Jerry..... actually, his correct address is:
|
| Santa Claus
| North Pole
| Canada
| Postal code is HoHoHo

Please format your letter correctly:

Santa Claus
North Pole H0H 0H0
Canada

The '0' in the postal code is a zero.

Strangely, though, the first H places the North Pole in Quebec. :-)

Tom
NSM

"Tom MacIntyre" wrote in message
| On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 01:35:37 GMT, "NSM" wrote:

| Please format your letter correctly:
|
| Santa Claus
| North Pole H0H 0H0
| Canada
|
| The '0' in the postal code is a zero.

| Strangely, though, the first H places the North Pole in Quebec. :-)
|
| Tom

Not so strange. He was moved there by the Feds in the interests of 'Unity'.