MarkC

Default Watch The Secret Life Of Machines

This is an excellent series about how things work. Right now (10/9/04
1:00AM Central Time) I'm watching the episode about TVs. It's on the
Science Channel (I don't work for them) so check out their website for
details about when it's on. I can't praise it enough. The shows host &
sidekick are very knowledgeable & explain things in a very down to
earth & thorough manor. I used to watch it in the early 90's on the
Discovery Channel & I'm glad to see that the series is being shown
again.
Mark

Ish

Oct 11 2004
@ 11:00 AM The Secret Life of Machines Video Recorder

Will be on tomorrow!

Mike

I wholehaertedly agree with this!
Secret life of... was a great, amusing series, the working of
technology explained in laymans terms. The one about the vcr was also
very good, sadly its the only episode I have lost.
That series brings back a few memories, we even saw a few programmes
in school years ago.

I used to love the endings and the crazy things they did with the old
machines
to give them a spectacular send-off
Ben

t.hoehler

What I loved about that series is that Michael was a REAL person, if rough
around the edges. He had dirt under his fingernails,not your usual program
star. Very whimsy, funny, and most of all, educational!
Regards,
Tom
"Ish" wrote in message
news
Oct 11 2004
@ 11:00 AM The Secret Life of Machines Video Recorder

Will be on tomorrow!

Mike

I wholehaertedly agree with this!
Secret life of... was a great, amusing series, the working of
technology explained in laymans terms. The one about the vcr was also
very good, sadly its the only episode I have lost.
That series brings back a few memories, we even saw a few programmes
in school years ago.

I used to love the endings and the crazy things they did with the old
machines
to give them a spectacular send-off
Ben

Kevin, VE1TV

Is this the show where, in one episode, at the end, a huge heap of old
televisions was set on fire??
I hope it's available in Canada.

"MarkC" wrote in message
This is an excellent series about how things work. Right now (10/9/04
1:00AM Central Time) I'm watching the episode about TVs. It's on the
Science Channel (I don't work for them) so check out their website for
details about when it's on. I can't praise it enough. The shows host &
sidekick are very knowledgeable & explain things in a very down to
earth & thorough manor. I used to watch it in the early 90's on the
Discovery Channel & I'm glad to see that the series is being shown
again.
Mark

---

"Kevin, VE1TV" wrote in message ...
Is this the show where, in one episode, at the end, a huge heap of old
televisions was set on fire??
I hope it's available in Canada.

Yes it is. And I seem to recall at one point in the programme they cut
an old Decca set clean in half - tube and all
B.
Ron

I loved those guys!. They even left in the surprised looks when something
sparked, blew up, or melted down. I also enjoyed the bonfire made from a
pile of televisions (with power on, of course).
-Ron

"MarkC" wrote:
This is an excellent series about how things work. Right now (10/9/04
1:00AM Central Time) I'm watching the episode about TVs. It's on the
Science Channel (I don't work for them) so check out their website for
details about when it's on. I can't praise it enough. The shows host &
sidekick are very knowledgeable & explain things in a very down to
earth & thorough manor. I used to watch it in the early 90's on the
Discovery Channel & I'm glad to see that the series is being shown
again.
Mark

Casio EDB-300AD watch plastic replacement part Kalle Heinänen Electronics Repair 0 July 18th 04 07:55 PM
Unusual trade: Woodwork for a vintage watch? Andy Woodworking 0 April 25th 04 09:52 PM
How Do I Fix My Watch Battery? Stephanie Home Repair 3 October 19th 03 10:18 PM
Watch battery life John Laird UK diy 13 October 15th 03 12:50 AM
Watch battery life Dave Plowman UK diy 5 October 12th 03 08:14 AM