Stephanie

Default How Do I Fix My Watch Battery?

Hi, I am a do-it-yourselfer type person, and I refuse to pay a jewelry store
$15 to change my watch battery for waht is basically a really simple task. I
have a cheap watch, bought at Wal-Mart for $20, similar to an LA Gear watch.

Can anyone tell me:

How do I get the back of my watch off, so I can access the battery? Will
razor blade work? Or is there a special tool needed? Where can I buy this
tool?

Where is the least expensive place to buy a watch battery? Wal-Mart?

Thanks,

Stephanie

Jimmy

Big thing on replacing a watch battery, DONT TOUCH WITH YOUR FINGERS. The
oil and salt will cause it to make a bad contact. I replace these on
computer boards and use a product called Deoxit to clean the battery and
holder prior to installation.

"DS" wrote in message
. ..
I took mine to Batteries Plus. They installed it for free. They will do
the same on your car battery as well. They did have a list of some of the
more expensive watches they won't try due to the possibility of scratches

or
damage.

Dave

"Stephanie" wrote in message
Hi, I am a do-it-yourselfer type person, and I refuse to pay a jewelry

store
$15 to change my watch battery for waht is basically a really simple

task.
have a cheap watch, bought at Wal-Mart for $20, similar to an LA Gear

watch.

Can anyone tell me:

How do I get the back of my watch off, so I can access the battery? Will
razor blade work? Or is there a special tool needed? Where can I buy

this
tool?

Where is the least expensive place to buy a watch battery? Wal-Mart?

Thanks,

Stephanie

Help: New Casio Watch Battery, Lost 'Beep Alarm' John Blake Electronics Repair 6 November 20th 03 02:19 AM
Watch battery life John Laird UK diy 13 October 15th 03 12:50 AM
Deep Cycle Lead-acid Battery Tips gothika Electronics Repair 2 July 17th 03 04:08 AM
Car and Motorcycle Battery Tips Bill Darden UK diy 4 July 15th 03 03:49 PM
Car Battery Tips Joseph Meehan Home Repair 7 July 14th 03 10:12 AM