Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

Default Unsolderable wire?

I am trying to solder some RG-6 shield to a pcb. The braid won't tin. It's
almost like it's dissipating the heat faster than I can apply it. With both a
temp-controlled iron (set as high as 700F) and a mondo 100W stick I finally
tried. The solder will barely melt when touched to the braid opposite the
iron.

I've applied some Kester rosin paste flux as well using my trusty Kester
60/40 lead-based rosin core solder. No joy. I'm not holding the braid against
the PCB now, I'm just trying to tin the braid and then deal with melting the
2 solders (on the PCB and the braid) together later.

My first attempt--before I realized that I was overheating it--I melted the
dielectric insulation.

The mesh is made from some silver-colored braid which I thought is tinned
copper but now I'm of the opinion that it's steel; it's certainly not
aluminum. There is also foil which is probably aluminum but I've trimmed that
back and it's not part of this frustrating process right now.

What's the trick to getting this braid to take solder? I've never seen this
before.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 20:22:18 -0800, the renowned Bob E.
wrote:

[...]

If it's like this cr*p they sell at Home Despot, it's copper clad
steel core with an _aluminum_ braid shield:-

http://www.cerrowire.com/files/file/..._6U_QUADLR.pdf

That would explain the copper-like heat conduction that you're
observing.

I suppose you could try an aluminum flux, but can't you just unravel
and gather enough of the shield to crimp into a ring terminal or
something?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

"Bob E." wrote:

[...]

It's not made to be soldered. It's CATV cable that's made for crimp
on 'F' fittings.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

"Bob E."

The mesh is made from some silver-colored braid which I thought is tinned
copper but now I'm of the opinion that it's steel; it's certainly not
aluminum.

** A magnet will pick up steel wire - but no Aluminium.

What's the trick to getting this braid to take solder?

** Unplated steel or Aluminium wires are not solderable by ordinary means.

..... Phil

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

On 1/18/2014 11:22 PM, Bob E. wrote:
[...]

Twist the braid into a wire and butt splice on a copper wire. Heat
shrink over it.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

Yes it's that crap.

I suppose you could try an aluminum flux, but can't you just unravel
and gather enough of the shield to crimp into a ring terminal or
something?

Yeah, that's my next move. I just couldn't believe that something couldn't be
soldered. I guess REALLY agressive flux is required, as you say.

When it comes to broadcast TV I try to solder every connection possible.
Every crimp is one more dB lost.

Thanks.

Crimps in hand...

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 20:50:34 -0800, the renowned Bob E.
wrote:

Yes it's that crap.

I suppose you could try an aluminum flux, but can't you just unravel
and gather enough of the shield to crimp into a ring terminal or
something?

Yeah, that's my next move. I just couldn't believe that something couldn't be
soldered. I guess REALLY agressive flux is required, as you say.

When it comes to broadcast TV I try to solder every connection possible.
Every crimp is one more dB lost.

Thanks.

Crimps in hand...

I guess there's always better stuff like this:-

http://nordencommunication.com/downl...1460-RG_6u.pdf

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

"Bob E." wrote:

Yes it's that crap.

I suppose you could try an aluminum flux, but can't you just unravel
and gather enough of the shield to crimp into a ring terminal or
something?

Yeah, that's my next move. I just couldn't believe that something couldn't be
soldered. I guess REALLY agressive flux is required, as you say.

When it comes to broadcast TV I try to solder every connection possible.
Every crimp is one more dB lost.

You must do lousy crimping, if you lose a dB.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
cjt cjt is offline

On 01/18/2014 10:50 PM, Bob E. wrote:
Yes it's that crap.

I suppose you could try an aluminum flux, but can't you just unravel
and gather enough of the shield to crimp into a ring terminal or
something?

Yeah, that's my next move. I just couldn't believe that something couldn't be
soldered. I guess REALLY agressive flux is required, as you say.

When it comes to broadcast TV I try to solder every connection possible.
Every crimp is one more dB lost.

Thanks.

Crimps in hand...

I would have thought every soldered joint is one more reflection.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

When it comes to broadcast TV I try to solder every connection possible.
Every crimp is one more dB lost.

I'm no RF expert, just my impression--possibly mistaken.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

"Bob E." wrote:

When it comes to broadcast TV I try to solder every connection possible.
Every crimp is one more dB lost.

I'm no RF expert, just my impression--possibly mistaken.

The loss should be under .1 dB for a good F connector, ant they are
used into the GHz range.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 20:22:18 -0800, Bob E.
wrote:

[...]

---
Use crimp ferrules.

http://www.te.com/catalog/feat/en/c/10028

11.5 at:

http://snebulos.mit.edu/projects/ref...STD-8739-4.pdf

JF
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

On 2014-01-19, Bob E wrote:
I am trying to solder some RG-6 shield to a pcb.

The mesh is made from some silver-colored braid which I thought is tinned
copper but now I'm of the opinion that it's steel; it's certainly not
aluminum. There is also foil which is probably aluminum but I've trimmed that
back and it's not part of this frustrating process right now.

yeah stainless steel braid, aluminium shield and a copper-plated steel
core. most of the RG6 I've used is like that.

a solderable F connector socket is probably the best way to terminate it.

What's the trick to getting this braid to take solder?

Give up! If you can't give up spot weld it to some tinned copper.

--
For a good time: install ntp

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

On 19/01/2014 04:22, Bob E. wrote:
[...]

If it's for personal use, tightly wrap a dozen turns of tinned copper
wire (or silver plated) around the braid, twist the end together and
solder to these.

Cheers
--
Syd
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message

If it's like this cr*p they sell at Home Despot, it's copper-
clad steel core with an _aluminum_ braid shield.

Aluminum is a poor choice for a crimped connection. Remember the problems with
household aluminum wiring -- even when it was screwed down?

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

Well, what does it feel like?

Steel wire feels very stiff. Grab a leaded component out of the box and
ponder the leads; they're probably tin plated steel (check with a magnet).
Most resistors, capacitors and diodes are. Some smaller ceramic caps have
thicker, softer copper leads; find some if you can.

Aluminum wire is very soft, floppy stuff. It is much softer than copper,
than copper is of steel. If that's what it is... oh well.

As for soldering practice... the old saw about "apply solder to the
opposite side of the joint" is complete BS. Forget about it. Don't try
soldering as you were told, make the solder happy and good joints will
follow. First goal, get the part hot: hold the iron on the part, and
apply solder right beside the iron, or to it, so the iron heats and wets
what it's touching. On a braid, solder will spread and soon the joint
will accept solder from all sides.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs
Electrical Engineering Consultation

"Bob E." wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

On 01/18/2014 08:22 PM, Bob E. wrote:
[...]

A solder pot is preferred. Otherwise burn all the non-metallic weirdness
away with your trusty Zippo.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

Michael A. Terrell scribbled thus:

"Bob E." wrote:

Yes it's that crap.

I suppose you could try an aluminum flux, but can't you just
unravel and gather enough of the shield to crimp into a ring
terminal or something?

Yeah, that's my next move. I just couldn't believe that something
couldn't be soldered. I guess REALLY agressive flux is required, as
you say.

When it comes to broadcast TV I try to solder every connection
possible. Every crimp is one more dB lost.

You must do lousy crimping, if you lose a dB.

I agree ! A good crimp is at least as good as the best solder joint.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

"Bob E." wrote:

When it comes to broadcast TV I try to solder every connection possible.
Every crimp is one more dB lost.

I'm no RF expert, just my impression--possibly mistaken.

The loss should be under .1 dB for a good F connector,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jumbo shrimp alert.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 20:50:34 -0800, Bob E. wrote:

When it comes to broadcast TV I try to solder every connection possible.
Every crimp is one more dB lost.

100% of the RF connectors I use for mountain top radio sites that I
deal with are crimped, not soldered. Well, maybe a few soldered
abominations such as PL-259 connectors.

The losses per connector are quite low. For example, here's a string
of random adapters:
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/antennas/connector-loss/slides/Adapter%20Colluge.html
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/antennas/connector-loss/
That's about 15 assorted adapters (30 connections) showing 2dB loss at
2.4 GHz or:
2dB / 30 = 0.07 dB loss per connection.
Unless you're working with high power levels, the connector loss is
not a problem.

Unless you're working with microwave frequencies, mismatch loss is
also not much of a problem. For example, if you insert a section of
75 ohm coaxial cable into your system, a TDR would certainly show an
impedance bump far larger than what might be produced by a solder
blob. However, the losses are fairly trivial. Much depends on the
frequency of operation. If you're doing microwave, then precision is
required. If you're doing lower frequencies, you can be fairly sloppy
and things will still work quite well.

Cut-n-pasted from my previous rant on the topic from
rec.radio.amateur.antenna.

Let's pretend that I mix in a 75 ohm coax connector into a
50 ohm system. Depending on the location of this "impedance bump",
the VSWR is no more than 1.5:1 which is generally considered marginal.
That's 0.18dB of mismatch loss.
http://www.microwaves101.com/encyclopedia/calvswr.cfm
If you're doing satellite or microwave DX work, then 0.18dB might be
important. However, for most other applications, it's a trivial
amount.

You might be amused to know that most of my rooftop antennas are fed
with 75 ohm coax and that my favored antenna designs are also 75 ohm.
There are various reasons, but the main one is that coax cable losses
are less at 75 ohms, than at 50 ohms. 50 ohms can handle more power,
but 75 ohms has less loss.
http://www.belden.com/blog/broadcastav/50-Ohms-The-Forgotten-Impedance.cfm
The only problems I have with 75 ohms is finding the proper connectors
and dealing with the pads needed to make my 50 ohm test equipment look
like 75 ohms. (Actually the real reason is that the 75 ohm stuff is
mostly CATV surplus, which tends to be really cheap).

Mo
http://www.qsl.net/n9zia/wireless/75_ohm_hardline.html

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

100% of the RF connectors I use for mountain top radio sites that I
deal with are crimped, not soldered.

This is where the original short length of RG6 was soldered to the pcb
antenna. It's an inexpensive broadcast TV antenna for home.

Rather than make a male crimp plus a barrel to join the 2 mailes, just solder
the long run directly to the pcb. Or so I thought...

I crimped 1/2" of center solid conductor to the braid and soldered the solid
to the pcb. It seems to work but I have no way to measure any loss. I plan to
replace this when I find some REAL copper RG6.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

"Maynard A. Philbrook Jerkoff."

Electroplated wire, most likely nickel.

** But nickel plated stuff solders beautifully.

Jack plugs and sockets, DC plugs etc.

..... Phil

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 16:01:53 -0800, Bob E. wrote:

100% of the RF connectors I use for mountain top radio sites that I
deal with are crimped, not soldered.

This is where the original short length of RG6 was soldered to the pcb
antenna. It's an inexpensive broadcast TV antenna for home.

Thank you for disclosing what you're trying to accomplish. Context is
always important.

You're going to have corrosion problems. Note that all the
aforementioned crimped connectors have the crimped area sealed inside
the connector. In addition, they are usually wrapped in some form of
waterproofing (i.e. PTFE tape and electrical tape) to keep out the
water. Even if you solder the connections, the capillary action is
going to force the water up the braid and under the jacket. Depending
on the outer jacket slop, corrosion will rot up to several inches of
braid. You can try to seal the braid and solder connections with RTV
silicon rubber that doesn't contain acetic acid but I haven't had much
luck with that.

Using bare wires from the end of a coax cable is about as bad an
impedance bump as you can possibly create. However, it won't matter
for a TV antenna, that has wide bandwidth, but relatively little gain.
PCB TV antennas tend to be rather small, and therefore have even less
gain. Impedance discontinuities will not have a huge effect on
overall performance. Therefore, you can probably just attach some
spade lugs onto the ends of the RG-6/u coax, and use ordinary brass
screws and nuts to make the connection.

Rather than make a male crimp plus a barrel to join the 2 mailes, just solder
the long run directly to the pcb. Or so I thought...

I crimped 1/2" of center solid conductor to the braid and soldered the solid
to the pcb. It seems to work but I have no way to measure any loss. I plan to
replace this when I find some REAL copper RG6.

If you have a PCB, why not use a PCB mounted F connector?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111244951312
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261373960762

I tried to find such a coax cable from my distant past. It had a
copper clad steel center conductor, aluminum foil shield, and a very
loose braid of flash galvanized steel wire braid over the shield. The
braid was only for strength and not for shielding. The zinc plating
was for galvanic compatibility with the aluminum shield. Such a cable
was not intended to be soldered, only crimped. I saw it at STV
(subscription TV) in Smog Angeles in the 1960's. However, I couldn't
find it which suggests that it's either uncommon, not in current
production, or my memory is faulty.

It would be helpful if you could provide any markings on your cable so
that it can be identified.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

Thank you for disclosing what you're trying to accomplish. Context is
always important.

You're going to have corrosion problems.

Continuing disclosu it's indoors, wall-mounted.

If you have a PCB, why not use a PCB mounted F connector?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111244951312
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261373960762

It was my call (based on almost no RF expertise) that any solder connection
was much better than the best crimp and that crimps are used strictly for
convenience. I'm beginning to doubt these presumptions...

It would be helpful if you could provide any markings on your cable so
that it can be identified.

http://www.cables.com/Products/92003.aspx

Thanks.

PS, a police helicopter just flew over the neighborhood at a few hundred
feet. The digital channel I was watching blanked out completely. This at
about 50 miles from the broadcast site, as the crow files (Sutro Tower).

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 20:35:10 -0800, Bob E. wrote:

Thank you for disclosing what you're trying to accomplish. Context is
always important.

You're going to have corrosion problems.

Continuing disclosu it's indoors, wall-mounted.

Ok. You won't need to deal with anti-corrosion precautions.

If you have a PCB, why not use a PCB mounted F connector?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111244951312
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261373960762

It was my call (based on almost no RF expertise) that any solder connection
was much better than the best crimp and that crimps are used strictly for
convenience. I'm beginning to doubt these presumptions...

I consider crimping better than soldering mostly because soldering
requires some skill, but crimping can be learned by almost anyone.
With ratcheting crimpers, it is possible to guarantee that the degree
of compression is both sufficient and uniform. Crimp and compression
connectors also will survive the SCTE IPS-TP-401 40 lb pull test,
while soldered connectors often fail this test. In general, crimp and
compression connectors are much better at keeping water out. I've
seen much better reliability after switching to crimp type connectors.
They're also cheaper. I can't think of a single advantage to soldered
RF connectors.

It would be helpful if you could provide any markings on your cable so
that it can be identified.

http://www.cables.com/Products/92003.aspx

Bingo. Aluminum braid over aluminum foil shield. You can't solder to
the aluminum. Find a different cable with a copper braid (or use a
connector as I previously suggested).

PS, a police helicopter just flew over the neighborhood at a few hundred
feet. The digital channel I was watching blanked out completely. This at
about 50 miles from the broadcast site, as the crow files (Sutro Tower).

Can I guess(tm)? I don't think the helicopter is large enough to
complete block out the signal unless the TV station signal strength
from Mt Sutro to your PCB antenna is rather weak. That's about what I
would expect at 50 miles with a small PCB TV indoor antenna. Digital
is ummm... digital and tends to deliver either a very good picture, or
nothing. At 50 miles, I would have recommended a bigger, better and
possibly amplified (to compensate for the coax cable losses) antenna.
You might want to check your location with:
http://www.tvfool.com
to see if the indoor PCB antenna is adequate, and if a bigger antenna
will be of any benefit. Otherwise, the police helicopter might have
been transmitting video on some frequency to the ground which
overloaded your TV receiver front end.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

"Bob E."

PS, a police helicopter just flew over the neighborhood at a few hundred
feet. The digital channel I was watching blanked out completely. This at
about 50 miles from the broadcast site, as the crow files (Sutro Tower).

** Low flying aircraft tend to do that ...

Just like a nearby metal structure causing "ghost" images, they produce
strong reflections of the transmitted signal so your antenna gets two
similar strength signals, one of them delayed by a few microseconds.

This is often enough to seriously corrupt the wanted signal so large amounts
of data are lost.

End result, the pic freezes or pixellates crazily.

Bad luck if you live near a major airport and rely on an off air signal.

.... Phil

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

I've
seen much better reliability after switching to crimp type connectors.
They're also cheaper. I can't think of a single advantage to soldered
RF connectors.

Of course I agree re. connectors. In my situation the original (short) coax
was soldered to the pcb. I thought that duplicating this connection when
replacing with a longer run of coax was better (re. loss) than introducing
connectors. Soldering F (or other) connectors vs. crimps, I agree: a
nightmare.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

Bad luck if you live near a major airport and rely on an off air signal.
... Phil

Just the PD "serving and protecting".

Thanks.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

Phil Hobbs wrote:

"Bob E." wrote:

When it comes to broadcast TV I try to solder every connection possible.
Every crimp is one more dB lost.

I'm no RF expert, just my impression--possibly mistaken.

The loss should be under .1 dB for a good F connector,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jumbo shrimp alert.

There are good ones, but you won't buy them at retail stores.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

"Bob E." wrote:

100% of the RF connectors I use for mountain top radio sites that I
deal with are crimped, not soldered.

This is where the original short length of RG6 was soldered to the pcb
antenna. It's an inexpensive broadcast TV antenna for home.

Rather than make a male crimp plus a barrel to join the 2 mailes, just solder
the long run directly to the pcb. Or so I thought...

I crimped 1/2" of center solid conductor to the braid and soldered the solid
to the pcb. It seems to work but I have no way to measure any loss. I plan to
replace this when I find some REAL copper RG6.

The loss is horrible in copper braided coax at TV frequencies. The
cost is excessive, as well. 'Headend cable' used to be silver plated
copper braided coax, but that was abandoned for foil & drain when
headends passed 216 MHz. That silver plated coax was over a dollar a
foot, in the '70s.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

"Phil Allison" wrote in message
Electroplated wire, most likely nickel.

** But nickel plated stuff solders beautifully.

Jack plugs and sockets, DC plugs etc.

I have some mil spec, high-temp wire that's nickel plated. Beautiful
stuff, strands wound in layers. It takes an unusually high temperature
and a long time before the solder wets and soaks into it. It does tin,
but I wouldn't say it solders "beautifully", not with ordinary fluxes.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs
Electrical Engineering Consultation
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

Default Tim Williams ****** & TROLL

"Tim Williams - ****** & TROLL"

** But nickel plated stuff solders beautifully.

Jack plugs and sockets, DC plugs etc.

I have some mil spec, high-temp wire that's nickel plated.

** Yaaaawnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....

You have a monstrous, AUTISTIC brain too.............

It takes an unusually high temperature and a long time before the solder
wets and soaks into it. It does tin, but I wouldn't say it solders
"beautifully", not with ordinary fluxes.

** Watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73R7eXxjo34

Pure nickel, plated onto brass.

Solders like a dream.

**** knows what ****ing **** you have.

Asshole .

.... Phil

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

On 20/01/2014 7:38 PM, Phil Allison wrote:
"Tim Williams - ****** & TROLL"

Was I the only one to see this predictable response coming & get a
giggle out of it?

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

"Kennedy = Kunt "

FOAD - you stinking autistic MORON

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

On 20/01/2014 6:18 PM, Tim Williams wrote:
"Phil Allison" wrote in message
Electroplated wire, most likely nickel.

** But nickel plated stuff solders beautifully.

Jack plugs and sockets, DC plugs etc.

I have some mil spec, high-temp wire that's nickel plated. Beautiful
stuff, strands wound in layers. It takes an unusually high temperature
and a long time before the solder wets and soaks into it. It does tin,
but I wouldn't say it solders "beautifully", not with ordinary fluxes.

Tim

Interesting table:

http://www.efunda.com/materials/sold...derability.cfm
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

On 20/01/2014 7:45 PM, Phil Allison wrote:

"Kennedy = Kunt"

FOAD - you stinking autistic MORON

Settle down Phil, one day you're going to blow a gasket!

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

Default Kennedy = Kunt

"Kennedy = Kunt"

FOAD - you stinking, pig ignorant, autistic MORON

Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

Default Kennedy = LIAR

"Kennedy"

Interesting table:

http://www.efunda.com/materials/sold...derability.cfm

** Shame it is quite wrong.

As anyone with REAL experience of soldering knows.

What is your experience ?

Other than child molesting, that is.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

On Mon, 20 Jan 2014 19:43:02 +0800, Kennedy Gave
us:

On 20/01/2014 7:38 PM, Phil Allison wrote:
"Tim Williams - ****** & TROLL"

Was I the only one to see this predictable response coming & get a
giggle out of it?

T. W. == W & T

Naaaaahhh!!!

He has smarts.