Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Bob E. Bob E. is offline

Default Unsolderable wire?

I've
seen much better reliability after switching to crimp type connectors.
They're also cheaper. I can't think of a single advantage to soldered
RF connectors.

Of course I agree re. connectors. In my situation the original (short) coax
was soldered to the pcb. I thought that duplicating this connection when
replacing with a longer run of coax was better (re. loss) than introducing
connectors. Soldering F (or other) connectors vs. crimps, I agree: a
nightmare.

Thanks.