Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Baron[_4_] Baron[_4_] is offline

Default Unsolderable wire?

Michael A. Terrell scribbled thus:

"Bob E." wrote:

Yes it's that crap.

I suppose you could try an aluminum flux, but can't you just
unravel and gather enough of the shield to crimp into a ring
terminal or something?

Yeah, that's my next move. I just couldn't believe that something
couldn't be soldered. I guess REALLY agressive flux is required, as
you say.

When it comes to broadcast TV I try to solder every connection
possible. Every crimp is one more dB lost.

You must do lousy crimping, if you lose a dB.

I agree ! A good crimp is at least as good as the best solder joint.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.