Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default SONY TC-FX220 cassette deck, record mechanism

Hi,

I recently found this deck in a skip and after a belt change ti works
well. However, someone has been there before me and dismantled the
leverages/ linkages which activate the rec-pb mode slider switch. I
have one piece which was just randomly screwed onto the mech when I
found it (see final pic) and I think this is the main problem - I need
to reattach it properly.

pix:

Deck front: http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/6/...tc220front.JPG

Mech: http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/6/.../tc220rec1.JPG

Rod from main mech cam linked to loose moving metal parts which don't
appear to connect to anything : http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/6/.../tc220rec2.JPG

The same metal parts, hanging loose: http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/6/.../tc220rec3.JPG

another position of this loose metal part :
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/6/...tc220rec3a.JPG

Piece as-found incorrectly screwed down :
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/6/.../tc220rec4.JPG

......anyone by chance have an exploded view or service manual?

many thanks!
-B
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

b wrote in message
[...]

There is a hooked linkage like that, same holes and angles in the exploded
view of the TC FX330 -
if nothing emerged by Sunday I'll scan it in

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

front view of 220 and 330 same layout

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On 27 nov, 17:47, "N_Cook" wrote:
front view of 220 and 330 same layout

thanks. I have searched eserviceinfo for the 330 and nothing, fingers
crossed...
cheers,
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 06:00:48 -0800 (PST), b
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I recently found this deck in a skip and after a belt change ti works
well. However, someone has been there before me and dismantled the
leverages/ linkages which activate the rec-pb mode slider switch. I
have one piece which was just randomly screwed onto the mech when I
found it (see final pic) and I think this is the main problem - I need
to reattach it properly.

I have a TC-FX2 deck. Its mechanism is also "logic" driven, but is not
DC servo controlled. The front looks quite different.

I can photograph the insides if you think it might help.

- Franc Zabkar

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

b wrote:
Hi,

I recently found this deck in a skip and after a belt change ti works
well. However, someone has been there before me and dismantled the
leverages/ linkages which activate the rec-pb mode slider switch. I
have one piece which was just randomly screwed onto the mech when I
found it (see final pic) and I think this is the main problem - I need
to reattach it properly.

Might this help?

http://images.people.overclockers.ru/86238.jpg

Yup, someone is also messing about. BTW the image came from this page.

http://people.overclockers.ru/vick/record6

Practise your russian.

:-)

--
Adrian C
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On 27 nov, 23:13, Adrian C wrote:

Might this help?

http://images.people.overclockers.ru/86238.jpg

Yup, someone is also messing about. BTW the image came from this page.

http://people.overclockers.ru/vick/record6

Thanks to Adrian and Franc. I now have a rough idea from the rusian
pic as to where the bracket which links the rec-pb switches to the
deck itself should go. The firefox translator rmade a pretty good job
of the site, it was a guy who modded his TC-FX220 and made a 'media
centre'.

I'm not sure if there is a piece missing where that bracket connects,
will try it now and see. I may yet take you up on your kind offer of a
pic, Franc, if it does not work out....
-B
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

N_Cook wrote in message
b wrote in message
[...]

Is there this number
TCM-C90F30B
on the deck anywhere?
exploded views
http://home.graffiti.net/syxygy:graf...y_TC_FX330.gif

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On 29 nov, 14:45, "N_Cook" wrote:

Is there this number
TCM-C90F30B
on the deck anywhere?
exploded viewshttp://home.graffiti.net/syxygy:graffiti.net/sony_TC_FX330.gif

Many thanks. this is the same mech. couldn't find a number though.
I now have it assembled after a fashion, there is a brass spacer
missing from mine where the bracket meets the deck mech, but using a
slightly longer screw seemed to do it. I will test it a whiole and
see.

thanks again for taking the time to scan that, much appreciated!
-B.