Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default SONY TC-FX220 cassette deck, record mechanism

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 06:00:48 -0800 (PST), b
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I recently found this deck in a skip and after a belt change ti works
well. However, someone has been there before me and dismantled the
leverages/ linkages which activate the rec-pb mode slider switch. I
have one piece which was just randomly screwed onto the mech when I
found it (see final pic) and I think this is the main problem - I need
to reattach it properly.

I have a TC-FX2 deck. Its mechanism is also "logic" driven, but is not
DC servo controlled. The front looks quite different.

I can photograph the insides if you think it might help.

- Franc Zabkar