Posted to alt.gathering.rainbow,rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

Default What am I missing about this band?

I was a late-comer Grateful Dead fan starting in the late 70s, up
until the band was no more. I smoked a lot of weed and could sit still
for hours, thinking about everything and nothing, while enjoying their
bluesy noodling and thoughtful lyrics.

Then, along came Phish. I tried and I tried, and I've tried, again.
But, still, to this day, they seem like a bunch of bored ivy leaguers
sitting around a stuffy living room making that **** up as they go
along.

What am I missing? I want to love this band named Phish.
Posted to alt.gathering.rainbow,rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 23, 4:18 pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
I was a late-comer Grateful Dead fan starting in the late 70s, up
until the band was no more. I smoked a lot of weed and could sit still
for hours, thinking about everything and nothing, while enjoying their
bluesy noodling and thoughtful lyrics.

Then, along came Phish. I tried and I tried, and I've tried, again.
But, still, to this day, they seem like a bunch of bored ivy leaguers
sitting around a stuffy living room making that **** up as they go
along.

What am I missing? I want to love this band named Phish.

They both suck ass. I find nothing at all appealing about the
Grateful Dead....suck ass music put out by drug addled losers. They
led a generation of idiots further down the road to drug addiction.

Dan
Posted to rec.music.gdead,sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On 23 jun, 23:18, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
I was a late-comer Grateful Dead fan starting in the late 70s, up
until the band was no more. I smoked a lot of weed and could sit still
for hours, thinking about everything and nothing, while enjoying their
bluesy noodling and thoughtful lyrics.

Then, along came Phish. I tried and I tried, and I've tried, again.
But, still, to this day, they seem like a bunch of bored ivy leaguers
sitting around a stuffy living room making that **** up as they go
along.

What am I missing? I want to love this band named Phish.

don't cross post. this belongs on a music forum not sci electronics
repair.
Posted to alt.gathering.rainbow,rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

D. Giovanni Bretta wrote, On 6/23/09 4:28 PM:
On Jun 23, 4:18 pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
I was a late-comer Grateful Dead fan starting in the late 70s, up
until the band was no more. I smoked a lot of weed and could sit still
for hours, thinking about everything and nothing, while enjoying their
bluesy noodling and thoughtful lyrics.

Then, along came Phish. I tried and I tried, and I've tried, again.
But, still, to this day, they seem like a bunch of bored ivy leaguers
sitting around a stuffy living room making that **** up as they go
along.

What am I missing? I want to love this band named Phish.

They both suck ass. I find nothing at all appealing about the
Grateful Dead....suck ass music put out by drug addled losers. They
led a generation of idiots further down the road to drug addiction.

"Don't Fear the Raper" was a good song, though.
Posted to alt.gathering.rainbow,rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

Default What am I missing / shove yer Phish up'yer'ass Cross-poster

On Jun 23, 5:18*pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:

What am I missing? I want to love this band named Phish.

Walk'in talk'in dog-**** !

Posted to alt.gathering.rainbow,rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

"whistler" wrote

What am I missing? I want to love this band named Phish.

Walk'in talk'in dog-[Redacted] !

Please watch your language. This is a family chatroom I'm in.

--Tedward

Posted to alt.gathering.rainbow,rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 23, 4:40*pm, whistler wrote:
On Jun 23, 5:18*pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:

What am I missing? I want to love this band named Phish.

Walk'in talk'in dog-**** !

Is that remark directed toward Phish, or the musical genre as a whole?

Posted to rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 23, 5:53*pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:

Is that remark directed toward Phish, or the musical genre as a whole?

You ARE the 'hole, moron.
Posted to rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 23, 5:04*pm, whistler wrote:
On Jun 23, 5:53*pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:

Is that remark directed toward Phish, or the musical genre as a whole?

You ARE the 'hole, moron.

Thanks for your input, harsh dude.

I'd still like someone to compare and contrast the general styles of
the two bands (Phish and The Grateful Dead) to see what it is that I
may be missing, related to my dislike of Phish, specifically.
Posted to alt.gathering.rainbow,rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 14:28:07 -0700 (PDT), "D. Giovanni Bretta"
wrote:

On Jun 23, 4:18 pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
I was a late-comer Grateful Dead fan starting in the late 70s, up
until the band was no more. I smoked a lot of weed and could sit still
for hours, thinking about everything and nothing, while enjoying their
bluesy noodling and thoughtful lyrics.

Then, along came Phish. I tried and I tried, and I've tried, again.
But, still, to this day, they seem like a bunch of bored ivy leaguers
sitting around a stuffy living room making that **** up as they go
along.

What am I missing? I want to love this band named Phish.

They both suck ass. I find nothing at all appealing about the
Grateful Dead....suck ass music put out by drug addled losers. They
led a generation of idiots further down the road to drug addiction.

Dan

Is that you, Rush?

JimK

Posted to alt.gathering.rainbow,rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 23, 4:28*pm, "D. Giovanni Bretta" wrote:
On Jun 23, 4:18 pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:

I was a late-comer Grateful Dead fan starting in the late 70s, up
until the band was no more. I smoked a lot of weed and could sit still
for hours, thinking about everything and nothing, while enjoying their
bluesy noodling and thoughtful lyrics.

Then, along came Phish. I tried and I tried, and I've tried, again.
But, still, to this day, they seem like a bunch of bored ivy leaguers
sitting around a stuffy living room making that **** up as they go
along.

What am I missing? I want to love this band named Phish.

They both suck ass. *I find nothing at all appealing about the
Grateful Dead....suck ass music put out by drug addled losers. *They
led a generation of idiots further down the road to drug addiction.

Dan

Thats because you two dip****s are still stuck in the disco
era !!!!!!!!
Posted to rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 23, 6:11*pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
On Jun 23, 5:04*pm, whistler wrote:

On Jun 23, 5:53*pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:

Is that remark directed toward Phish, or the musical genre as a whole?

You ARE the 'hole, moron.

Thanks for your input, harsh dude.

I'd still like someone to compare and contrast the general styles of
the two bands (Phish and The Grateful Dead) to see what it is that I
may be missing, related to my dislike of Phish, specifically.

I'd like a lot of things.
Posted to alt.gathering.rainbow,rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

"lone wolf" wrote

I was a late-comer Grateful Dead fan starting in the late 70s, up
until the band was no more. I smoked a lot of weed and could sit still
for hours, thinking about everything and nothing, while enjoying their
bluesy noodling and thoughtful lyrics.

Then, along came Phish. I tried and I tried, and I've tried, again.
But, still, to this day, they seem like a bunch of bored ivy leaguers
sitting around a stuffy living room making that **** up as they go
along.

What am I missing? I want to love this band named Phish.

They both suck ass. I find nothing at all appealing about the
Grateful Dead....suck ass music put out by drug addled losers. They
led a generation of idiots further down the road to drug addiction.

Dan

Thats because you two [Redacted] are still stuck in the disco
era !!!!!!!!

Please watch your language. This is a family chatroom.

--Tedward

Posted to rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 23, 6:11*pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
On Jun 23, 5:04*pm, whistler wrote:

On Jun 23, 5:53*pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:

Is that remark directed toward Phish, or the musical genre as a whole?

You ARE the 'hole, moron.

Thanks for your input, harsh dude.

This has been a pretty harsh response from a laid-back pothead.
Maybe he needs a fix?

I'd still like someone to compare and contrast the general styles of
the two bands (Phish and The Grateful Dead) to see what it is that I
may be missing, related to my dislike of Phish, specifically.

Posted to rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

wrote

Is that remark directed toward Phish, or the musical genre as a whole?

You ARE the 'hole, moron.

Thanks for your input, harsh dude.

This has been a pretty harsh response from a laid-back pothead.
Maybe he needs a fix?

The potty mouths don't have any excuse.

--Tedward

Posted to alt.gathering.rainbow,rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
On Jun 23, 4:18 pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
I was a late-comer Grateful Dead fan starting in the late 70s, up
until the band was no more. I smoked a lot of weed and could sit still
for hours, thinking about everything and nothing, while enjoying their
bluesy noodling and thoughtful lyrics.

Then, along came Phish. I tried and I tried, and I've tried, again.
But, still, to this day, they seem like a bunch of bored ivy leaguers
sitting around a stuffy living room making that **** up as they go
along.

What am I missing? I want to love this band named Phish.

They both suck ass. I find nothing at all appealing about the
Grateful Dead....suck ass music put out by drug addled losers. They
led a generation of idiots further down the road to drug addiction.

Dan

Is that you, Rush?

I voted for Obama.

I once attended a Grateful Dead concert at Sandstone in Kansas City to
see what all the hubbub was....the whole place was filled with people
looking to score acid...hippies walking past me saying "doses". I
would say that 95% of the crowd needed very badly to take a shower as
well....the body odor was overpowering the marijuana smell. The music
sucked ass....but I did not alter my reality in order to listen to it.

Dan
Posted to alt.gathering.rainbow,rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 23, 5:18 pm, lone wolf wrote:
[...]

Nope, not a cokehead either.

Dan
Posted to rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 23, 5:51*pm, marcman wrote:
On Jun 23, 6:11*pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:

On Jun 23, 5:04*pm, whistler wrote:

On Jun 23, 5:53*pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:

Is that remark directed toward Phish, or the musical genre as a whole?

You ARE the 'hole, moron.

Thanks for your input, harsh dude.

I'd still like someone to compare and contrast the general styles of
the two bands (Phish and The Grateful Dead) to see what it is that I
may be missing, related to my dislike of Phish, specifically.

I'd like a lot of things.

You like to post. That's awesome!
Posted to rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 23, 7:23*pm, "Edward M. Kennedy" wrote:
wrote

Is that remark directed toward Phish, or the musical genre as a whole?

You ARE the 'hole, moron.

Thanks for your input, harsh dude.

* * This has been a pretty harsh response from a laid-back pothead.
Maybe he needs a fix?

The potty mouths don't have any excuse.

--Tedward

I think he's so strung out on weed that he's a bit grouchy. It's
hard to be civil when you're a drug addict needing a fix of weed.
Posted to alt.gathering.rainbow,rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

D. Giovanni Bretta wrote:

I voted for Obama.

I once attended a Grateful Dead concert at Sandstone in Kansas City to
see what all the hubbub was....the whole place was filled with people
looking to score acid...hippies walking past me saying "doses". I
would say that 95% of the crowd needed very badly to take a shower as
well....the body odor was overpowering the marijuana smell. The music
sucked ass....but I did not alter my reality in order to listen to it.

Dan

I attended a bunch of Grateful Dead shows - showered and sober. Your
view is skewed. Saying they Suck Ass after one bad experience is like me
saying you're a moronic dolt after reading one of your posts. Capice?

Gladys.

Posted to alt.gathering.rainbow,rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 23, 7:06 pm, Gladys wrote:
D. Giovanni Bretta wrote:
I voted for Obama.

I once attended a Grateful Dead concert at Sandstone in Kansas City to
see what all the hubbub was....the whole place was filled with people
looking to score acid...hippies walking past me saying "doses". I
would say that 95% of the crowd needed very badly to take a shower as
well....the body odor was overpowering the marijuana smell. The music
sucked ass....but I did not alter my reality in order to listen to it.

Dan

I attended a bunch of Grateful Dead shows - showered and sober. Your
view is skewed. Saying they Suck Ass after one bad experience is like me
saying you're a moronic dolt after reading one of your posts. Capice?

Gladys.

So you're in the 5% that are showered and sober. And I didn't say
this one experience made me think they suck ass....I felt they sucked
ass before, but was talked into going by those who don't think they
suck ass....I came away thinking they still suck ass. And after
reading Tom Davis's (of Franken and Davis fame) new book I came away
thinking they suck ass even more than I'd ever imagined anything could
suck ass.

Dan

PS you don't have to send your posts to my inbox also. Thanks.
Posted to alt.gathering.rainbow,rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 17:26:43 -0700 (PDT), "D. Giovanni Bretta"
wrote:

On Jun 23, 7:06 pm, Gladys wrote:
D. Giovanni Bretta wrote:
[...]

In other words, you don't like them. BFD.
Posted to rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 15:11:56 -0700 (PDT), Mercellus Bohren
wrote:

I'd still like someone to compare and contrast the general styles of
the two bands (Phish and The Grateful Dead) to see what it is that I
may be missing, related to my dislike of Phish, specifically.

Phish has no soul.
Posted to alt.gathering.rainbow,rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 23, 6:57*pm, "Edward M. Kennedy" wrote:

Please watch your language. *This is a family chatroom.

--Tedward

three words for you: Demi Moore's bush
Posted to alt.gathering.rainbow,rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
On Jun 23, 7:06 pm, Gladys wrote:
D. Giovanni Bretta wrote:
[...]

No Pepe, I don't. Congratulations, your powers of observation are
still pretty sharp after all that Electric Koolaid.

Dan

Posted to rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
I'd still like someone to compare and contrast the general styles of
the two bands (Phish and The Grateful Dead) to see what it is that I
may be missing, related to my dislike of Phish, specifically.

Phish has no soul.

I saw a couple of fish guys playing with Dave Matthews during this
"Dave Matthews & Friends" tour he did a few years ago. Dave was
amazing as usual, but I couldn't help but wonder why he'd drag the
fish guys around with him becuase they were obviously not as good as
Dave.
Posted to alt.gathering.rainbow,rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

D. Giovanni Bretta wrote:

suck ass....
sucked
ass
suck ass...still suck ass.
suck ass even more than I'd ever imagined
suck ass Dan

Dude - you've got a real fixation on sucking ass 'eh?

Gladys.

Posted to alt.gathering.rainbow,rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 23, 10:19 pm, Gladys wrote:
D. Giovanni Bretta wrote:

suck ass....
sucked
ass
suck ass...still suck ass.
suck ass even more than I'd ever imagined
suck ass Dan

Dude - you've got a real fixation on sucking ass 'eh?

Beats listening to the Grateful Dead.

Dan
Posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

I think he's so strung out on weed that he's a bit grouchy. It's
hard to be civil when you're a drug addict needing a fix of weed.

How clueless. Goes with the AOL account I reckon...
Posted to rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 23, 7:39*pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:
On Jun 23, 5:51*pm, marcman wrote:

On Jun 23, 6:11*pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:

On Jun 23, 5:04*pm, whistler wrote:

On Jun 23, 5:53*pm, Mercellus Bohren wrote:

Is that remark directed toward Phish, or the musical genre as a whole?

You ARE the 'hole, moron.

Thanks for your input, harsh dude.

I'd still like someone to compare and contrast the general styles of
the two bands (Phish and The Grateful Dead) to see what it is that I
may be missing, related to my dislike of Phish, specifically.

I'd like a lot of things.

You like to post. That's awesome!

Which ng are you from, alt.gossip.celebrities or
sci.electronics.repair?

Posted to rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 23, 7:39*pm, " wrote:
On Jun 23, 7:23*pm, "Edward M. Kennedy" wrote:

wrote

Is that remark directed toward Phish, or the musical genre as a whole?

You ARE the 'hole, moron.

Thanks for your input, harsh dude.

* * This has been a pretty harsh response from a laid-back pothead.
Maybe he needs a fix?

The potty mouths don't have any excuse.

--Tedward

* I think he's so strung out on weed that he's a bit grouchy. It's
hard to be civil when you're a drug addict needing a fix of weed.

I don't think you think too much.
Posted to alt.gathering.rainbow,rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 23, 8:26*pm, "D. Giovanni Bretta" wrote:
On Jun 23, 7:06 pm, Gladys wrote:

D. Giovanni Bretta wrote:
[...]

Natural born leader.

Posted to alt.gathering.rainbow,rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 23, 9:01*pm, "D. Giovanni Bretta" wrote:

wrote:
On Jun 23, 7:06 pm, Gladys wrote:
D. Giovanni Bretta wrote:
[...]

In other words, you don't like Pepe, either. BFD.

Posted to alt.gathering.rainbow,rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 23, 11:40*pm, "D. Giovanni Bretta" wrote:
On Jun 23, 10:19 pm, Gladys wrote: D. Giovanni Bretta wrote:

suck ass....
sucked
ass
suck ass...still suck ass.
*suck ass even more than I'd ever imagined
suck ass Dan

Dude - you've got a real fixation on sucking ass 'eh?

Beats listening to the Grateful Dead.

Dan

Depends on whose ass yer sucking.
Posted to alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 23, 11:53*pm, Brian wrote:
wrote:

* I think he's so strung out on weed that he's a bit grouchy. It's
hard to be civil when you're a drug addict needing a fix of weed.

* * How clueless. Goes with the AOL account I reckon...

My parents, DARE teacher and pastor all told me about the dangers
of weed. I've even seen movies with strung-out weed junkies who will
do anything for their next fix. I sure hope you're not giving head
down at the corner to feed your need.

Posted to rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 24, 12:25*am, marcman wrote:
On Jun 23, 7:39*pm, " wrote:

On Jun 23, 7:23*pm, "Edward M. Kennedy" wrote:

wrote

Is that remark directed toward Phish, or the musical genre as a whole?

You ARE the 'hole, moron.

Thanks for your input, harsh dude.

* * This has been a pretty harsh response from a laid-back pothead.
Maybe he needs a fix?

The potty mouths don't have any excuse.

--Tedward

* I think he's so strung out on weed that he's a bit grouchy. It's
hard to be civil when you're a drug addict needing a fix of weed.

I don't think you think too much.

At least I haven't burned all my brain cells with weed.
Posted to alt.gathering.rainbow,rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
[...]

Donut forget the stench of the patchouli oil.

Jon

Posted to rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 23, 7:39*pm, " wrote:

On Jun 23, 7:23*pm, "Edward M. Kennedy" wrote:

wrote

Is that remark directed toward Phish, or the musical genre as a whole?

You ARE the 'hole, moron.

Thanks for your input, harsh dude.

* * This has been a pretty harsh response from a laid-back pothead.
Maybe he needs a fix?

The potty mouths don't have any excuse.

--Tedward

* I think he's so strung out on weed that he's a bit grouchy. It's
hard to be civil when you're a drug addict needing a fix of weed.

I don't think you think too much.

* *At least I haven't burned all my brain cells with weed.

How do you know? If you were a weed smoker and did burn all your brain
cells with weed, there's a good chance you wouldn't know.
Posted to rec.music.gdead,alt.gossip.celebrities,rec.sport.football.college,sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 23, 7:39*pm, " wrote:

On Jun 23, 7:23*pm, "Edward M. Kennedy" wrote:

wrote

Is that remark directed toward Phish, or the musical genre as a whole?

You ARE the 'hole, moron.

Thanks for your input, harsh dude.

* * This has been a pretty harsh response from a laid-back pothead.
Maybe he needs a fix?

The potty mouths don't have any excuse.

--Tedward

* I think he's so strung out on weed that he's a bit grouchy. It's
hard to be civil when you're a drug addict needing a fix of weed.

I don't think you think too much.

* *At least I haven't burned all my brain cells with weed.

How do you know? If you were a weed smoker and did burn all your brain
cells with weed, there's a good chance you wouldn't know.

Because I've never touched the filthy stuff. I still have all of my
brane cells.