Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

Default Tektronix 2465B error code interpretation

Hello all,

I have a Tektronix 2465B that powers up with the following error code:

CT TEST 84 FAIL 0C

Looking at the service manual I cannot find this particular code. I figure
that I'm mis-interpreting the code somehow. Can anyone shed a bit of light
for me?

Thanks.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"JW" wrote in message
news
Hello all,

I have a Tektronix 2465B that powers up with the following

error code:

CT TEST 84 FAIL 0C

Looking at the service manual I cannot find this particular

code. I figure
that I'm mis-interpreting the code somehow. Can anyone shed a

bit of light
for me?

Thanks.

I do not have one but i was researching the 2465 to buy recently
and i was looking for repair ease or cronic problems in various
scopes so this is what i remember....

CT is counter/timer option on that scope.
I remember reading somewhere there is an options service manual
, i am guessing that will probably cover the options like CT in
more detail i.e. errors/repair etc.

HTH
robb

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 05:43:22 -0400, JW wrote:

Hello all,

I have a Tektronix 2465B that powers up with the following error code:

CT TEST 84 FAIL 0C

Looking at the service manual I cannot find this particular code. I figure
that I'm mis-interpreting the code somehow. Can anyone shed a bit of light
for me?

Thanks.

That the problem is in the CT and not hte scope?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

JW wrote in
news
Hello all,

I have a Tektronix 2465B that powers up with the following error code:

CT TEST 84 FAIL 0C

Looking at the service manual I cannot find this particular code. I
figure that I'm mis-interpreting the code somehow. Can anyone shed a
bit of light for me?

Thanks.

CT is counter-timer,an option that has a separate service manual.
It probably will be hard to find one.

there also was a pricey extender kit for servicing the options.
(they plug into a options board on the top of the scope chassis)
You can probably make your own extender ribbon cables.

also,there will be a sticker on the back of the scope telling you what
options are installed,if any.
there also were scope handle stickers like "2465B CTS" or 2465BDM"

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On 15 Oct 2007 15:36:12 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

[...]

Thanks very much Jim (and robb and PeterD). If I can't repair the
option, would you happen to know if it's possible to just remove it and
have the error go away?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

[...]

i think you can by pass the error with a combination button press
, i.e. hold three certain buttons and scope bypasses but i do
not know affect on the performance and operation ?

also there is a way to do a option calibrate or reset or clear
??? using some menu but my memory fails me

i am sure someone else can help with that,
hope you fix it
robb

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

JW wrote in
:

[...]

Sorry,I can't recall,and no longer have access to the manuals.
It's not difficult to remove the CT card,so you could try it.
You may have to relocate some jumpers on the 2465 motherboard,the ones for
the signal pickoff for the CT option.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On 15 Oct 2007 20:39:23 GMT Jim Yanik wrote in Message
id: :

JW wrote in
:

[...]

Thanks Jim, I was unsuccessful in repairing it as I cannot find any
schematics, (It would be difficult even with them, as the problem was
intermittent, and access to the board without an extender would be
impossible) but was able to remove the option by disconnecting all the
cables from the CT card (option 06) to the A1 and A5 boards, and jumpering
the following points on the A1 board:

J101 1-3 and 6-8.
J102 3-4 and 7-8.

This has solved the problem with the error code, and has put the scope
back in service.

Many thanks once again!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 16:35:49 -0400 "robb" wrote in
Message id: :

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Yeah I know, but this failure for some reason was causing intermittent
sweep problems.

also there is a way to do a option calibrate or reset or clear
??? using some menu but my memory fails me

I couldn't find anything in the 2465B service manual about this. Oh
well...

i am sure someone else can help with that,
hope you fix it
robb

Thanks for your help, robb.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 17 Okt., 11:34, JW wrote:
On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 16:35:49 -0400 "robb" wrote in
Message id: :

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for your help, robb.- Zitierten Text ausblenden -

- Zitierten Text anzeigen -

Go to bama.sbc.edu (or the mirror site), there you can download a
manual with schematics, all error information, etc.

hth,
Andreas

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Andreas Tekman wrote in
ps.com:

On 17 Okt., 11:34, JW wrote:
On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 16:35:49 -0400 "robb" wrote in
Message id: :

.. .
wrote:

[...]

For the OPTIONS?
The options all came with separate service manuals.( a royal PITA)
And I believe they are kinda hard to come by these days.

When I think of all the TEK manuals tossed out when the Orlando Service
center closed...I coulda been RICH,if only I had had a place to store all
of them.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On 22 Oct 2007 16:47:26 GMT Jim Yanik wrote in Message
id: :

Andreas Tekman wrote in
ups.com:

On 17 Okt., 11:34, JW wrote:

[snippo]

I couldn't find anything in the 2465B service manual about this. Oh
well...

i am sure someone else can help with that,
hope you fix it
robb

Thanks for your help, robb.- Zitierten Text ausblenden -

- Zitierten Text anzeigen -

Go to bama.sbc.edu (or the mirror site), there you can download a
manual with schematics, all error information, etc.

hth,
Andreas

For the OPTIONS?
The options all came with separate service manuals.( a royal PITA)
And I believe they are kinda hard to come by these days.

Yep. I had no luck at all finding the schematic for the CT option. At ANY
price. Oh well, without the option the scope works fine, if a bit less
capable.

When I think of all the TEK manuals tossed out when the Orlando Service
center closed...I coulda been RICH,if only I had had a place to store all
of them.

Tossed out?

*sob*
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

JW wrote in
:

On 22 Oct 2007 16:47:26 GMT Jim Yanik wrote in
Message id: :

Andreas Tekman wrote in
oups.com:

On 17 Okt., 11:34, JW wrote:

[snippo]

[...]

Yeah,and the same happened at all the other 7-8 TEK field offices that got
closed back in 1999. :-(
(there used to be THIRTY TEK field offices!!!)

PLUS,all the TEK semiconductor reference manuals [company confidential]
that got shredded/tossed! Now they put all that on the company intranet,and
only they can access it.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"JW" wrote in message
news
Hello all,

I have a Tektronix 2465B that powers up with the following

error code:

CT TEST 84 FAIL 0C

Looking at the service manual I cannot find this particular

code. I figure
that I'm mis-interpreting the code somehow. Can anyone shed a

bit of light
for me?

Thanks.

hey JW,
i hate having problems like that thus it stuck in my head
so... while searching for info on 2400 series (considering
purchase) ...

found your error

Check : CT
Test : 84
Routine: Gate Array (U6180) trigger path tests
Error : 0C
Boolean OR trigger failed to generate a sweep on
the rising edge of ATS.
Check U6180, Q5981, Q5982, Q5983, Q6090, Q6092,
Q6091, U5952, U6070

hope this helps
robb

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"robb" wrote in
:

"JW" wrote in message
[...]

if you could scan and upload your CT option manual to BAMA,it would be
greatly appreciated. Same for any of the other 2445/65 options.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik