Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Tektronix 2465B error code interpretation

JW wrote in
:

On 15 Oct 2007 15:36:12 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

JW wrote in
news
Hello all,

I have a Tektronix 2465B that powers up with the following error code:

CT TEST 84 FAIL 0C

Looking at the service manual I cannot find this particular code. I
figure that I'm mis-interpreting the code somehow. Can anyone shed a
bit of light for me?

Thanks.

CT is counter-timer,an option that has a separate service manual.
It probably will be hard to find one.

there also was a pricey extender kit for servicing the options.
(they plug into a options board on the top of the scope chassis)
You can probably make your own extender ribbon cables.

also,there will be a sticker on the back of the scope telling you what
options are installed,if any.
there also were scope handle stickers like "2465B CTS" or 2465BDM"

Thanks very much Jim (and robb and PeterD). If I can't repair the
option, would you happen to know if it's possible to just remove it and
have the error go away?

Sorry,I can't recall,and no longer have access to the manuals.
It's not difficult to remove the CT card,so you could try it.
You may have to relocate some jumpers on the 2465 motherboard,the ones for
the signal pickoff for the CT option.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik