Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Tektronix 2467B (similar to 2465B): Error Message TEST 04 FAIL 13 (3453)

Hi,

i am owning an Tektronix 2467B. Maybe someone can give me some advice,
please.
The 2467B shows following message:
TEST 04 FAIL 13 (3453)
I have got the complete service manual, but it says something like
"Option Error" ???
(The scope includes Option 10 and 11.)

If i delete the error message by pressing the A/B tigger button, the
device works, but
it has a awful DC-Offset on all channels (which varies with the V/div-
selection).

Best regards from Berlin

Harald

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"tek_user" wrote in
ups.com:

Hi,

i am owning an Tektronix 2467B. Maybe someone can give me some advice,
please.
The 2467B shows following message:
TEST 04 FAIL 13 (3453)
I have got the complete service manual, but it says something like
"Option Error" ???
(The scope includes Option 10 and 11.)

If i delete the error message by pressing the A/B tigger button, the
device works, but
it has a awful DC-Offset on all channels (which varies with the V/div-
selection).

Best regards from Berlin

Harald

Did you try running a DC balance? (IIRC,hold down both AC/DC/GND buttons
until the DCBAL procedure starts)

IIRC,"test 04" failures involve NVRAM memory retention.(all your cal
constants)

You may have to replace the NVRAM and recal the entire instrument.

Or you have bad preamp hybrids.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sorry it is an 2467 not 2467B / one problem solved but still: Error Message TEST 04 FAIL 13 (3453)

Hi Jim,

thank you very much. After running the Dc-balance the offset is ok !
....but the error message is still the same.
I forgot to say, that after deleting the error message,
there are a lot of question marks on the display:
for example

50mV???5V????......

Is it possible to post a foto in this group ?
I would be very glad, to get some advices.
Sorry i was wrong it is an 2467 not 2467B.

Thanks

Jim Yanik schrieb:

[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"tek_user" wrote in
ps.com:

Jim Yanik schrieb:

[...]

I'd say you have to perform a full recal,and if this occurs again,your
NVRAM IC is bad,needing replacement and another recal.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi,

i forgot to say that after runnig the DC-balance cal. the error message
changed to :

TEST 04 FAIL 03 (3453)

The following things are still up to date: