Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
Beowulf

Default glass cleaner damaged my DLP 60" tv screen -- any way to fix it???

I cleaned my 60" big screen tv (Samsung DLP) screen yesterday with tissue
and glass cleaner, now a black triangle about 5 inches high has appeared
in the lower left corner, very annoying, looks like perhaps some of the
cleaner somehow leaked behind the screen, damaged something or whatever. I
am depressed about this of course. Is there any way I can fix this myself,
or even pay a TV repair person to fix it? How serious of damage, what sort
of damage, might I have done? Any feedback or help greatly appreciated.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
unclejr

Beowulf wrote:
Any feedback or help greatly appreciated.

I guess the customary usenet response, "you're ****ed" is not what you
were looking for...

-Junior

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
Mike Berger

You have probably damaged some of the non-reflective coating on one
of the surfaces and are looking at a replacement cost of a few hundred
dollars. Just out of curiosity, what does the owner's manual say
about screen cleaning?

Beowulf wrote:
I cleaned my 60" big screen tv (Samsung DLP) screen yesterday with tissue
and glass cleaner, now a black triangle about 5 inches high has appeared
in the lower left corner, very annoying, looks like perhaps some of the
cleaner somehow leaked behind the screen, damaged something or whatever. I
am depressed about this of course. Is there any way I can fix this myself,
or even pay a TV repair person to fix it? How serious of damage, what sort
of damage, might I have done? Any feedback or help greatly appreciated.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
Beowulf

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 07:00:03 -0700, unclejr inscribed to the world:

Beowulf wrote:
Any feedback or help greatly appreciated.

I guess the customary usenet response, "you're ****ed" is not what you
were looking for...

Yeah I am not feeling good about what happened, might call the "TV Doctor"
repairman today, see what he says, but curious if anybody else has heard
of what happened, seemed if might be common if caused just by cleaning the
screen. Not sure what I will do if it can not be repaired, I guess try
and sell it used, buy a new one.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
Dave Plowman (News)

In article rail,
Beowulf wrote:
I cleaned my 60" big screen tv (Samsung DLP) screen yesterday with
tissue and glass cleaner, now a black triangle about 5 inches high has
appeared in the lower left corner, very annoying, looks like perhaps
some of the cleaner somehow leaked behind the screen, damaged something
or whatever. I am depressed about this of course. Is there any way I can
fix this myself, or even pay a TV repair person to fix it? How serious
of damage, what sort of damage, might I have done? Any feedback or help
greatly appreciated.

On my DLP rear projector (Sagem) it's an easy job to remove the screen.
(mine was delivered with the screen pushed in out of the rubber surround
in one place and I fixed it myself rather than get a repair man out) I
can't see why it should be difficult on any make. The screen is some form
of flexible plastic so I'd not use glass cleaner, but just mild detergent
and water.

--
*Caution: I drive like you do.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
Biz

I dont think you're supposed to use glass cleaner on them at all...they make
special screen cleaners for them...I hope you didnt use a cleaner with
ammonia in it...

newsan.2006.04.28.14.25.40.629537@wayoftheancien ts.trail...

Beowulf wrote:
Any feedback or help greatly appreciated.

I guess the customary usenet response, "you're ****ed" is not what you
were looking for...

..

Yeah I am not feeling good about what happened, might call the "TV Doctor"
repairman today, see what he says, but curious if anybody else has heard
of what happened, seemed if might be common if caused just by cleaning the
screen. Not sure what I will do if it can not be repaired, I guess try
and sell it used, buy a new one.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
AZ Nomad

Beowulf wrote:
Any feedback or help greatly appreciated.

I guess the customary usenet response, "you're ****ed" is not what you
were looking for...

..

Yeah I am not feeling good about what happened, might call the "TV Doctor"
repairman today, see what he says, but curious if anybody else has heard
of what happened, seemed if might be common if caused just by cleaning the
screen. Not sure what I will do if it can not be repaired, I guess try
and sell it used, buy a new one.

glass cleaner typically has ammonia which can damage coatings, but not
like what happened to you. Is the set under warranty? Sounds like a defect.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
Sam Goldwasser

Beowulf wrote:
Any feedback or help greatly appreciated.

I guess the customary usenet response, "you're ****ed" is not what you
were looking for...

..

Yeah I am not feeling good about what happened, might call the "TV Doctor"
repairman today, see what he says, but curious if anybody else has heard
of what happened, seemed if might be common if caused just by cleaning the
screen. Not sure what I will do if it can not be repaired, I guess try
and sell it used, buy a new one.

Well, a DLP screen is just that, a screen. Not like a plasma or LCD where
it's most of the cost of the unit. That doesn't mean the mfg won't still
try to charge most of the cost of the unit for a replacement though.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
Michael Kennedy

See the topic below.. "2 year old tried to Give Scooby a Drink on my 51 inch
Toshiba Rear Projection !!!! PLZ Help !!"

"Beowulf" wrote in message
newsan.2006.04.28.12.10.43.317095@wayoftheancien ts.trail...
I cleaned my 60" big screen tv (Samsung DLP) screen yesterday with tissue
and glass cleaner, now a black triangle about 5 inches high has appeared
in the lower left corner, very annoying, looks like perhaps some of the
cleaner somehow leaked behind the screen, damaged something or whatever. I
am depressed about this of course. Is there any way I can fix this myself,
or even pay a TV repair person to fix it? How serious of damage, what sort
of damage, might I have done? Any feedback or help greatly appreciated.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
Beowulf

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 09:25:15 -0500, Mike Berger inscribed to the world:

You have probably damaged some of the non-reflective coating on one
of the surfaces and are looking at a replacement cost of a few hundred
dollars. Just out of curiosity, what does the owner's manual say
about screen cleaning?
..

I would guess soap and water, or just water, sigh. I know I screwed up.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
Beowulf

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:32:52 +0000, Biz inscribed to the world:

I dont think you're supposed to use glass cleaner on them at all...they make
special screen cleaners for them...I hope you didnt use a cleaner with
ammonia in it......

Yes, it was "Glass Cleaner with Ammonia". Am I screwed? Can I have a TV
repair guy fix it for a few hundred? Actually that would be worth it-- I
am dreading the thought of buying a new TV at a cost of $1500-$2500.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
Beowulf

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:45:29 +0000, AZ Nomad inscribed to the world:

glass cleaner typically has ammonia which can damage coatings, but not
like what happened to you. Is the set under warranty? Sounds like a defect.

I think I *might* have gotten the extended warranty. But I would think
any warranty would not cover my stupidity as using ammonia based cleaner
when the instructions likely said to just use water or a bit of soap and
water. I screwed up. I hope an ext warranty might cover it, but if I can
even get away with paying just a few hundred I will be relieved.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
Sarah T

why not call the people that made your tv & ask them what todo?

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 07:10:43 -0500, Beowulf
wrote:

I cleaned my 60" big screen tv (Samsung DLP) screen yesterday with tissue
and glass cleaner, now a black triangle about 5 inches high has appeared
in the lower left corner, very annoying, looks like perhaps some of the
cleaner somehow leaked behind the screen, damaged something or whatever. I
am depressed about this of course. Is there any way I can fix this myself,
or even pay a TV repair person to fix it? How serious of damage, what sort
of damage, might I have done? Any feedback or help greatly appreciated.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
Beowulf

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:15:23 -0500, Beowulf inscribed to the world:
Good suggestion, thank you. I will try their 800# or email. Hopefully not
a dozen automated submenus. Maybe they can give me an idea of the cost
involved to repair, replace screen, or whatever, Not knowing how much I am
screwed is killing me more than finding out it will cost me $600 to repair.

Talked to Samsung, they were very nice very easy to get through to their
tech support. Connected me with 3-way call to local repair store. Looks
like $300-400 for a new screen and $200-300 labor for on site screen
replacement; that was at one place. I know a guy (The TV Doctor) who might
do cheaper. I am also thinking as some have suggested, that perhaps paying
just labor to remove screen and clean inside might solve the problem,
unless of course the ammonia cleaner I was stupid enough to use damaged
permenently the screen, etc

Crying, but at least $600 is far better than $2000-3000 for a new TV.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
Travis Jordan

Beowulf wrote:
Crying, but at least $600 is far better than $2000-3000 for a new TV.

How old is the set? Even though I'm not in favor of disposable
electronics, the reality is that technology changes so rapidly in this
area that you might want to consider springing for a new one before
sinking $600 into the old one. If indeed, it is 'old'.

Before you make any decision on this be sure to view the picture from a
good HD source on the Sony 60" LCOS set (KDS-R60XBR1). It is the best
60" set on the market today - IMHO.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
Beowulf

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:00:12 +0000, Travis Jordan inscribed to the world:
How old is the set? Even though I'm not in favor of disposable
electronics, the reality is that technology changes so rapidly in this
area that you might want to consider springing for a new one before
sinking $600 into the old one. If indeed, it is 'old'.

Only about 15 months old.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
Travis Jordan

Beowulf wrote:
On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:00:12 +0000, Travis Jordan inscribed to the
world: ..
How old is the set? Even though I'm not in favor of disposable
electronics, the reality is that technology changes so rapidly in
this area that you might want to consider springing for a new one
before sinking $600 into the old one. If indeed, it is 'old'.

..

Only about 15 months old.

Look at the Sony set anyway and see what you think. On the one hand if
you really like the picture you can justify replacing last year's set as
an 'upgrade'. Maybe you can convince your local retailer to take the
old one in trade. Or OTOH if you don't think the picture is noticeable
superior then you will feel better spending only $600 and getting your
serviceable set back.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
Michael Kennedy

Look at the Sony set anyway and see what you think. On the one hand if
you really like the picture you can justify replacing last year's set as
an 'upgrade'. Maybe you can convince your local retailer to take the
old one in trade. Or OTOH if you don't think the picture is noticeable
superior then you will feel better spending only $600 and getting your
serviceable set back.

Agreed.. You also have to consider the life of the lamp in your DLP set. The
lamp may be about to go out and that can eaisly cost $600+ but it may have
a couple years left in it. I'm not sure but I think you only get about
2000 - 3000 hours out of most lamps.

Just my $.02

- Mike

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
AZ Nomad

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:51:37 -0500, Beowulf wrote:

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:45:29 +0000, AZ Nomad inscribed to the world:

..
glass cleaner typically has ammonia which can damage coatings, but not
like what happened to you. Is the set under warranty? Sounds like a defect.

I think I *might* have gotten the extended warranty. But I would think
any warranty would not cover my stupidity as using ammonia based cleaner
when the instructions likely said to just use water or a bit of soap and
water. I screwed up. I hope an ext warranty might cover it, but if I can
even get away with paying just a few hundred I will be relieved.

then don't tell them.

The only thing ammonia based cleaner will do is possibly discolor the
surface after many years of exposure.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
AZ Nomad

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:49:34 -0500, Beowulf wrote:

[...]

It's a ripoff if the fault wasn't yours and you have a warranty.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
Beowulf

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 15:34:01 -0400, Michael Kennedy inscribed to the
world:
Agreed.. You also have to consider the life of the lamp in your DLP set. The
lamp may be about to go out and that can eaisly cost $600+ but it may have
a couple years left in it. I'm not sure but I think you only get about
2000 - 3000 hours out of most lamps.

Good point. If I do the match, my lamp may have 3000 hrs used on it, so it
may indeed be about to go out. Where could I see the price of a
replacement lamp?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
Michael Kennedy

Search on google.. or call your local repair shop..

- Mike

"Beowulf" wrote in message
newsan.2006.04.28.20.50.11.776753@wayoftheancien ts.trail...
On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 15:34:01 -0400, Michael Kennedy inscribed to the
world:
..
Agreed.. You also have to consider the life of the lamp in your DLP set.
The
lamp may be about to go out and that can eaisly cost $600+ but it may
have
a couple years left in it. I'm not sure but I think you only get about
2000 - 3000 hours out of most lamps.

..

Good point. If I do the match, my lamp may have 3000 hrs used on it, so it
may indeed be about to go out. Where could I see the price of a
replacement lamp?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
unclejr

Travis Jordan wrote:
Look at the Sony set anyway and see what you think.

This is terrible advice. Friends don't let friends purchase anything
from SONY. This is the company that has constantly and consistently
screwed with their customers for decades. A ROOTKIT for your PC,
anyone? 'Nuff said.

-Junior

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken G.

I have cleaned many DLP tv screens at work . I use windex and it has
never hurt anything .
Did you spray the cleaner directly on the tv set and let it drip down
the screen ? it could have run inbetween the plastic layers .
Most of those screens are made up of 3 sheets . Remove the screen from
the set and check by only carfully dealing with that corner . Do not
separate the sheets dust will invade everything .

I dont understand a totaly black spot . A little cleaner cant do that .
Those sets have a mirror inside behind the screen . If something falls i
there it could cause a black shadow . Take the back or front off and
inspect it .

Where do you live ? my brother is called Tv Doctor .

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
Beowulf

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:19:36 -0700, unclejr inscribed to the world:

Travis Jordan wrote:
Look at the Sony set anyway and see what you think.

This is terrible advice. Friends don't let friends purchase anything
from SONY. This is the company that has constantly and consistently
screwed with their customers for decades. A ROOTKIT for your PC,
anyone? 'Nuff said.

-Junior

Yeah, their rootkit and other DRM strategies have caused me to boycott any
and all SONY products.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Beowulf

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 20:45:48 -0700, hrhofmann inscribed to the world:
A trianguar black spot in one coner doesn't seem like it would be
caused by cleaning with excessive liquid. Is the spot totally black or
just darker but still showing picture details? DId you move the set
before or during or after cleaning?

It is a dark spot/triangular area, but some of the picture does show
through. No movement of the TV set occurred.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Beowulf

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:09:02 -0600, Ken G. inscribed to the world:
Where do you live ? my brother is called Tv Doctor .

Duluth, Minnesota USA. if I have a friend help me, do you think we could
safely remove the front screen without a zillion parts falling out or
whateer? Looks to be a dozen or so screws holding the front cover over the
screen, I should think that could be removed to allow the screen to be
removed and examined?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Beowulf wrote:
On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:09:02 -0600, Ken G. inscribed to the world:
..
Where do you live ? my brother is called Tv Doctor .

Duluth, Minnesota USA. if I have a friend help me, do you think we

could
safely remove the front screen without a zillion parts falling out

or
whateer? Looks to be a dozen or so screws holding the front cover

over the
screen, I should think that could be removed to allow the screen to

be
removed and examined?

1: On our Samsung (50") the lamp type is on a label on the back left. I
have one in the closet for $115. The 50" is a 100 watt unit and IIRC,
the 61" is a 120 watter. Might be a bit more but I doubt $600.

2: I bought the service manual for ours from Samsung for $20. It came
as a 21 Mbyte .PDF on a CD. Neat thing is you can search in a .PDF. You
have to READ a paper manual. It has descriptions and photos of how to
take it apart and what to do and what NOT to do.

3: FWIW, ours has about 4600 hrs (last I checked last month was 4386)
and going strong. I Know its only one set but Samsung claims 8000 hrs
average.

4: Leonard, you must have some good ideas on this.

Good luck on your adventure.

GG

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

I have had good luck with Sony over the years. They have even provided
internal warranty parts direct to me (as a consumer).

unclejr wrote:

Travis Jordan wrote:

Look at the Sony set anyway and see what you think.

This is terrible advice. Friends don't let friends purchase anything
from SONY. This is the company that has constantly and consistently
screwed with their customers for decades. A ROOTKIT for your PC,
anyone? 'Nuff said.

-Junior

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money" ;-P

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
Goro

unclejr wrote:
Travis Jordan wrote:
Look at the Sony set anyway and see what you think.

This is terrible advice. Friends don't let friends purchase anything
from SONY. This is the company that has constantly and consistently
screwed with their customers for decades. A ROOTKIT for your PC,
anyone? 'Nuff said.

-Junior

i agree with you Unclejr, BUT, the SXRD is a smoking set, i must admit.

-goro-

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Plowman (News)

In article rail,
Beowulf wrote:
Duluth, Minnesota USA. if I have a friend help me, do you think we
could safely remove the front screen without a zillion parts falling out
or whateer? Looks to be a dozen or so screws holding the front cover
over the screen, I should think that could be removed to allow the
screen to be removed and examined?

Should be fine. All the electronics are in the base.

--
*You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken G.

I work with damaged fright and store returns in a salvage place .

I have taken the face off of about 5 or 6 DLP sets to pop the screens
back in or replace a mirror .
With this under my belt i have noticed every brand comes apart different
Panasonic & toshiba in the 2006 era are a nighnmare . I took two
Samsung apart , it was not to bad . just put the set out on the floor or
table so you can start removing screws .

From what i have seen the 3 piece screen has clear tape runnnig all the
way around the edges holding the 3 sheets together , you can slit the
tape just enough to try & wipe off whatever may have gotten in there
then tape it back with scotch tape its about the same as original tape .

If you are carfull and well organized , no kids , dogs or whatever this
shoud not be a big deal to at least get apart .
Also check in your area-s for any tv shops or salvage business that may
have new damaged stuff like we do here . One person here found a good
60`` screen on the net for 150$ .
Dont give in to the 800$ thing

My brother tv doctor is in Idaho .

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
Travis Jordan

Goro wrote:
I'd wait a bit anyway, regardless of the PQ of the SXRD v. Sammy..
I'd wait to see when there are 1080p sets that take 1080p INPUTS. I'd
also wait to see if there's a new gen of 1080p NON-wobulated DLPs. I
figure that's about the threshhold of PQ that I'll beable to notice
(at least for now).

Of course there isn't any 1080p video available today except from
PC-based sources, so those few sets that do have 1080p native inputs (HP
comes to mind) won't have any practical source material.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
Deke

I've read all these posts, and there's no correct answer to this problem.
Whats happened is that some of the cleaning solution has run down to the
bottom of the screen, into the U shaped ledge that holds the screen, and the
fresnel lens behind it. It has then "wicked" up between the two sheets of
plastic, and is causing the dark spot. You can probably get the spot to
change shape slightly if you press gently on the screen. And its a very,
very small amount of water.
So, to fix it, get a hair dryer. Put it on LOW (!!!) and slowly move it
back and forth over the wet spot. Dont want to get it hot, just warm to
make the liquid evaporate. The spot should
disappear, unless the cleaning fluid was very, very contaminated with dirt,
doubtful.
No new screen needed.
BTW, some time back, I had a HD big screen Toshiba come in that had been
marked on with crayons, magic markers, and who-knows-what -else by children.
I used a can of WD-40
and a fine toothbrush to clean the screen, worked like a charm. Had a great
picture, sold it for over $600.
Try drying your screen before you do something drastic.
And, I have to admit, I've done the same thing, and created exactly the same
problem when I clean my 60" Pioneer. The problem will go away with
time,(evaporation) but the hair dryer will cure the problem quicker. Oh,
and I use warm soapy water on the Pioneer. In very sparing amounts....
HTH
Deke

"Beowulf" wrote in message
newsan.2006.04.28.12.10.43.317095@wayoftheancien ts.trail...
I cleaned my 60" big screen tv (Samsung DLP) screen yesterday with tissue
and glass cleaner, now a black triangle about 5 inches high has appeared
in the lower left corner, very annoying, looks like perhaps some of the
cleaner somehow leaked behind the screen, damaged something or whatever. I
am depressed about this of course. Is there any way I can fix this myself,
or even pay a TV repair person to fix it? How serious of damage, what sort
of damage, might I have done? Any feedback or help greatly appreciated.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd

GREAT IDEA!!!!

H. R. Hofmann

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
Andy Cuffe

wrote:

I cleaned my 60" big screen tv (Samsung DLP) screen yesterday with tissue
and glass cleaner, now a black triangle about 5 inches high has appeared
in the lower left corner, very annoying, looks like perhaps some of the
cleaner somehow leaked behind the screen, damaged something or whatever.

That's exactly what could have happened. If any cleaner got between
the screen and the outer protective screen, it will cause this type of
problem. There shouldn't be any damage to the screen, but it may take
a while for it to dry completely. It might have to be disassembled
for proper cleaning, but there's no serious damage. Glass cleaner
shouldn't hurt the screen if used occasionally.
Andy Cuffe

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
Beowulf

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 12:01:20 -0500, Deke inscribed to the world:

I've read all these posts, and there's no correct answer to this problem.
Whats happened is that some of the cleaning solution has run down to the
bottom of the screen, into the U shaped ledge that holds the screen, and the
fresnel lens behind it. It has then "wicked" up between the two sheets of
plastic, and is causing the dark spot. You can probably get the spot to
change shape slightly if you press gently on the screen. And its a very,
very small amount of water.
So, to fix it, get a hair dryer. Put it on LOW (!!!) and slowly move it
back and forth over the wet spot. Dont want to get it hot, just warm to
make the liquid evaporate. The spot should
disappear, unless the cleaning fluid was very, very contaminated with dirt,
doubtful.
No new screen needed....

oh man did i dodge a bullet on this one! The screen is back to almost
normal, that black rectangle is 95% gone, I had the heat in my home turned
up to 70 the past couple of days because of cold weather here in northern
MN, and brought up the hair dryer to do what you said and the spot was
almost gone! Evaporation from the heat in the house and low humidity. I
still blew the hair dryer on it for awhile, will do so more later. I can
live with it the way it is, hopefully more of it will still go away.

I just do not understand what causes the black coloration if it is just a
liquid, that is the bluish glass cleaner liquid that got up there. Just
curious, if anybody knows. Polarization of the liquid or something?

Thanks all for the help, even though this time I did not have to buy a new
screen. I was just SICK over the thought of $800+, I am sure going to be
VERY careful now about cleaning the TV, taking better care of it, reading
manuals (ok, yeah right, like we all say we will wash and wax a new car
the first days after driving off the Dealer's lot, LOL).

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.dvd
Beowulf

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 02:31:16 -0700, Andy Cuffe inscribed to the world:
That's exactly what could have happened. If any cleaner got between
the screen and the outer protective screen, it will cause this type of
problem. There shouldn't be any damage to the screen, but it may take
a while for it to dry completely. It might have to be disassembled
for proper cleaning, but there's no serious damage. Glass cleaner
shouldn't hurt the screen if used occasionally.

Spot is almost gone from drying, and like you say I might at worst have to
pay $100 for a repairman to come and clean the inside of the screen if
some of that "black" residue sticks and does not evaporate. Man that is
much better than a new TV, or $800 to replace a screen!

#1 Do not use GLASS cleaner on PLASTIC.
#2 Never spray any cleaner directly on a Tv screen
#3 Do NOT tell the repair person what happened. Maybe they will just repair it
under warranty.

Where to buy small glass bath screen? Dave UK diy 19 April 25th 06 02:14 PM
cutting mirror glass bent Woodworking 24 March 8th 06 02:17 AM
Replacing Coffee Table Glass nuttie_cat Home Repair 6 January 10th 06 11:28 PM
cutting glass tubing Ken Sterling Metalworking 33 June 27th 04 06:48 AM
Shower Glass Story Steve Gontarek UK diy 7 November 1st 03 10:34 AM