Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken G.

Default glass cleaner damaged my DLP60" tv screen -- any way to fix it???

I work with damaged fright and store returns in a salvage place .

I have taken the face off of about 5 or 6 DLP sets to pop the screens
back in or replace a mirror .
With this under my belt i have noticed every brand comes apart different
Panasonic & toshiba in the 2006 era are a nighnmare . I took two
Samsung apart , it was not to bad . just put the set out on the floor or
table so you can start removing screws .

From what i have seen the 3 piece screen has clear tape runnnig all the
way around the edges holding the 3 sheets together , you can slit the
tape just enough to try & wipe off whatever may have gotten in there
then tape it back with scotch tape its about the same as original tape .

If you are carfull and well organized , no kids , dogs or whatever this
shoud not be a big deal to at least get apart .
Also check in your area-s for any tv shops or salvage business that may
have new damaged stuff like we do here . One person here found a good
60`` screen on the net for 150$ .
Dont give in to the 800$ thing

My brother tv doctor is in Idaho .