Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default AWA tv repaired - 3 times still not working right:(

hi
i've had to get my relatively new AWA tv model W571 repaired now 3
times and it's still not working right. $200 out of pocket and 10 days
with no tv((((( F***!
problem is perfect sound but no picture just a blue screen with white
lines going across it.When you first turn on tv there is a faint
picture like looking through a photograph negative,then within 5
seconds that goes leaving just the blue screen with the white lines.
Repair guy gets it going in workshop leaves it running for several
hours but whenever i get it back it goes again.First time i got it back
it was ok for 4 days the second time i got it back within an hour the
same problem ocurred.
Trying to read original repair warranty is difficult because of
handwriting but there are references to ''blue screen and flybook
line''s.''Trace features to picture tube and tube socket''.
''Dislodge internal foreign material,'' then something that looks like
''heaters to cathode'',''short circuit on blue gun'' ''repair tele
socket on picture circuit board'' ''replace heater dropping resistor &
check plater circuit'' ''very extensive bench test''.

The tv is only 14 months old
I could get someone else to look at it but then i have to start all
over again money-wise and i've already paid $200!
Does anybody have any suggestions?
thanks
p***ed off tv viewer((

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tech Data

If you've got a heater to cathode short, there is no repairing by
conventional methods. Even a crt rejuvinator can't remove those shorts.
The only way to do it, and it's not always 100%, is to defeat the
heater line to the crt, meaning any path to chassis ground, and do a
wire wrap around the core of the flyback. You're creating a new heater
line free of the circuit ground. The cathode can short to the heater
all day long and won't make a difference.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

well hopefully the technicial knows this?But maybe he only works along
''conventional methods? How would you know.?!
It sounds like from your post (not a criticism btw) that the tv can't
be fixed?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

he can't fix it today supposedly booked out,He's collecting it from me
(again!) early monday morning.So no tv all weekend.Virtually had no tv
for over a week now already.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Asimov wrote:
"David Nebenzahl" bravely wrote to "All" (27 Jan 06 17:14:09)
--- on the heady topic of " AWA tv repaired - 3 times still not working right"

DN From: David Nebenzahl
DN Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:356716

DN spake thus:

he can't fix it today supposedly booked out,He's collecting it from me
(again!) early monday morning.So no tv all weekend.Virtually had no tv
for over a week now already.

DN You'll be better off for it. Read a book.

I watched an interview with the Italian movie star Marcello Mastroiani
on TV once where (paraphrasing) he stated TV is garbage, there is
nothing good to watch on TV except maybe the odd documentary about
animals. The man wasn't totally wrong except he didn't get the irony
of being interviewed for TV.
A*s*i*m*o*v

during my time studying media i attended a conference where it was
revealed that with the proliferation of private tv and pay tv channels
in Uk since the Broadcasting act 1990, the greatest increase in
programming (over 100%) was: old nature films. So , that leopard you
saw last week has probably been dead 10 years! But the channels are
raking it in, just buying up old stock and repeating as opposed to
actually investing in new stuff.
Disturbingly, non-news factual programming, such as documentaries or
debates, had dropped by 70% . So much for 'more choice'. TV seems to be
there for the sole aim of making people ignorant and uninformed. Sad
really given the potential for good use of such technology....
-rant mode off!-

-B.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

this has nothing to do with my original post - dickhead!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tech Data

John, risking beating a dead horse, I would give the tech the benefit
of the doubt that maybe he thought he had the short removed. Tell him
if he can't remove it, then he should refund at least most of what you
paid, minus a service charge. No matter what side of the counter you're
on, doing a halfass repair just to grab the money is wrong. On the
upside, if he'd try the 'flyback wrap', he might be able to resolve it.
I've had around a 90% success rate doing it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
CRaSH

wrote:
this has nothing to do with my original post - dickhead!

Now be a good boy, say thank you all, quit whining, and GO AWAY!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

you go away! Idiot
CRaSH wrote:

wrote:
this has nothing to do with my original post - dickhead!

Now be a good boy, say thank you all, quit whining, and GO AWAY!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

the technician just collected the set again.I did mention the wrap
around and he said his testing said it wasn't a cathode short.So i'm
still at a loss. And for the benefit of anyone else who replies to this
post,I ain't whinging and I ain't going away! I thought that's what
this forum/group was for to post complaints/problems and hopefully get
solutions? Not insults!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

he says its working in the shop atm.but that always happens then i get
it back and it goes again. He says blue gun can't be replaced and the
tube isn't economical to replace.
reckons it's hard to fix an intermittent problem. Meanwhile i remain
$200 out of pocket and nothing to show for it.
I already posted details of original repair warranty,and the reference
to the short that was posted in here re a wire wrap around was in
response to that.Technician reckons that's not the problem.So maybe my
quote from repair warranty was misinterpreted,easy to do i guess.
Now am 10 days into this 1 month's warranty already. What happens when
it runs out?! F*** going a month without tv!
And for any retards that come in here i will continue to post and i;m
not going away or reading a book or any of your other stupid
suggestions!
Taking tv to another repair person means starting for scratch all over
again and more money! Seems a no win situation.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

f*** off dip****!Telling someone to go away is not a case of drifting
off topic!It's a case of a deadbeat drop kick like you thinking he's
smart!If you've got nothing intelligent to say - then YOU go away!
A**hole!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

dickhead!If you've got nothing to offer in the way of help - then go
get a life and stop wasting your time!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

another loser! you and crash should get together and maybe between your
2 half brains you can find something useful to do with your time
instead of posting useless information into groups and forums!What a
pair of ******s!
My posts are updates on what is happening in the hope that someone with
an ounce of intelligence that actually knows something about
electronics and tv repairs may have something useful to offer - the two
of you clearly don't!How f***ing immature! A pair of dickhead Trolls!