Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default AWA tv repaired - 3 times still not working right:(

Asimov wrote:
"David Nebenzahl" bravely wrote to "All" (27 Jan 06 17:14:09)
--- on the heady topic of " AWA tv repaired - 3 times still not working right"

DN From: David Nebenzahl
DN Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:356716

DN spake thus:

he can't fix it today supposedly booked out,He's collecting it from me
(again!) early monday morning.So no tv all weekend.Virtually had no tv
for over a week now already.

DN You'll be better off for it. Read a book.

I watched an interview with the Italian movie star Marcello Mastroiani
on TV once where (paraphrasing) he stated TV is garbage, there is
nothing good to watch on TV except maybe the odd documentary about
animals. The man wasn't totally wrong except he didn't get the irony
of being interviewed for TV.
A*s*i*m*o*v

during my time studying media i attended a conference where it was
revealed that with the proliferation of private tv and pay tv channels
in Uk since the Broadcasting act 1990, the greatest increase in
programming (over 100%) was: old nature films. So , that leopard you
saw last week has probably been dead 10 years! But the channels are
raking it in, just buying up old stock and repeating as opposed to
actually investing in new stuff.
Disturbingly, non-news factual programming, such as documentaries or
debates, had dropped by 70% . So much for 'more choice'. TV seems to be
there for the sole aim of making people ignorant and uninformed. Sad
really given the potential for good use of such technology....
-rant mode off!-

-B.