Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tech Data

Default AWA tv repaired - 3 times still not working right:(

John, risking beating a dead horse, I would give the tech the benefit
of the doubt that maybe he thought he had the short removed. Tell him
if he can't remove it, then he should refund at least most of what you
paid, minus a service charge. No matter what side of the counter you're
on, doing a halfass repair just to grab the money is wrong. On the
upside, if he'd try the 'flyback wrap', he might be able to resolve it.
I've had around a 90% success rate doing it.