Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default AWA tv repaired - 3 times still not working right:(

hi
i've had to get my relatively new AWA tv model W571 repaired now 3
times and it's still not working right. $200 out of pocket and 10 days
with no tv((((( F***!
problem is perfect sound but no picture just a blue screen with white
lines going across it.When you first turn on tv there is a faint
picture like looking through a photograph negative,then within 5
seconds that goes leaving just the blue screen with the white lines.
Repair guy gets it going in workshop leaves it running for several
hours but whenever i get it back it goes again.First time i got it back
it was ok for 4 days the second time i got it back within an hour the
same problem ocurred.
Trying to read original repair warranty is difficult because of
handwriting but there are references to ''blue screen and flybook
line''s.''Trace features to picture tube and tube socket''.
''Dislodge internal foreign material,'' then something that looks like
''heaters to cathode'',''short circuit on blue gun'' ''repair tele
socket on picture circuit board'' ''replace heater dropping resistor &
check plater circuit'' ''very extensive bench test''.

The tv is only 14 months old
I could get someone else to look at it but then i have to start all
over again money-wise and i've already paid $200!
Does anybody have any suggestions?
thanks
p***ed off tv viewer((