Rono

Default Any Canadian Tech's out there??

Trying to repair lots of T.V., VCR, DVD, combo's
Projection T.V.'s, computer monitors, etc, but the
main problem here is that a lot of you are in the USA,
& we get totally different model #'s, & units aren't the
same!

I do a fair bit of "low end" units like Prima, Advent,
Durabrand, Emerson, etc, as well as ALL well known
brands, but nobody seems to have any info, on these
newer units! I'm in eastern Newfoundland, Canada, &
can't get any help here, locally! I have literally tons of tips,
info, service menu access tips, etc to share! I'm in the process
of doing up a database of great sites for newsgroup postings,
free, & pay schematics, tips, etc, & I have a lot more coming,
every week! Want to share info?? Rono.

Ken Weitzel

Rono wrote:
Trying to repair lots of T.V., VCR, DVD, combo's
Projection T.V.'s, computer monitors, etc, but the
main problem here is that a lot of you are in the USA,
& we get totally different model #'s, & units aren't the
same!

I do a fair bit of "low end" units like Prima, Advent,
Durabrand, Emerson, etc, as well as ALL well known
brands, but nobody seems to have any info, on these
newer units! I'm in eastern Newfoundland, Canada, &
can't get any help here, locally! I have literally tons of tips,
info, service menu access tips, etc to share! I'm in the process
of doing up a database of great sites for newsgroup postings,
free, & pay schematics, tips, etc, & I have a lot more coming,
every week! Want to share info?? Rono.

Hi Rono

Just so you don't feel completely alone, I'm right here in
the center of Canada - Winnipeg.

Course I'm old, long retired, and stroke damaged so not
much if any help at all

You wouldn't happen to know where I could get ahold of
schematic for an RCA Ct169, would you?

Take care.

Ken

Tom MacIntyre

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 08:19:29 -0230, "Rono" wrote:

Trying to repair lots of T.V., VCR, DVD, combo's
Projection T.V.'s, computer monitors, etc, but the
main problem here is that a lot of you are in the USA,
& we get totally different model #'s, & units aren't the
same!

I do a fair bit of "low end" units like Prima, Advent,
Durabrand, Emerson, etc, as well as ALL well known
brands, but nobody seems to have any info, on these
newer units! I'm in eastern Newfoundland, Canada, &
can't get any help here, locally! I have literally tons of tips,
info, service menu access tips, etc to share! I'm in the process
of doing up a database of great sites for newsgroup postings,
free, & pay schematics, tips, etc, & I have a lot more coming,
every week! Want to share info?? Rono.

I no longer work as a technician, but still like to think about
technical stuff. I'm not too far from you, in Cape Breton, Nova
Scotia.

Tom
Jason D.

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 08:19:29 -0230, "Rono" wrote:

Trying to repair lots of T.V., VCR, DVD, combo's
Projection T.V.'s, computer monitors, etc, but the
main problem here is that a lot of you are in the USA,
& we get totally different model #'s, & units aren't the
same!

To other who needs a CTC169 schematic, order it from thomson online.
I still not have gotten my schematic for CTC169 DTV even I do have
reams of PTK169 schematics, but I need one for DTV and my shop was
already charged for this CTC169 DTV order but didn't get the
schematics. YET we do get newer schematics now and then for Thomson.
GO FIGURE!

BTW: I'm in eastern ontario.

Cheers, Wizard
John-Del

Tom MacIntyre wrote:

I no longer work as a technician, but still like to think about
technical stuff.
Tom

Whatcha doing now Tom? Anyone in this business with any brain at all
is looking for something new.

I applied for a golf pro position, but it seems they don't hire golf
pros who can't break 120 or so and can't teach golf. Sounds like
athletic discrimination to me.......

John

Tom MacIntyre

On 25 Jun 2005 13:01:33 -0700, "John-Del" wrote:

Tom MacIntyre wrote:

I no longer work as a technician, but still like to think about
technical stuff.
Tom

Whatcha doing now Tom? Anyone in this business with any brain at all
is looking for something new.

I applied for a golf pro position, but it seems they don't hire golf
pros who can't break 120 or so and can't teach golf. Sounds like
athletic discrimination to me.......

John

I am now a Service Delivery (mailroom) Clerk with Citizenship and
Immigration Canada. August 20th, upcoming, will be my third
anniversary as such, and also is the day after my 49th birthday. I
fondly refer to it as my "perfect mid-life career change". :-)

Interestingly enough, I didn't realize how much clerical work we
technicians did until I had to tailor my resume to fit this job...

Considering the golf pro thing...here are the records of 2 very good
hitting coaches...pay special attention to the radical differences in
their levels of success when actually playing the game...don't give up
on your dream. :-)

http://www.baseball-reference.com/l/lauch01.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/w/willite01.shtml

My son plays in a 9-12 year old league here. He is one of the team's
pitchers. I have "dad-coached" him for the last few years. He has
extremely good control (typically 70-80% of his pitches are strikes).
When I tried to pitch as a kid, control was my biggest problem. Go
figure...it's either nurture, or nature from his mother's side of the
family. :-)

That old expression about "those who can do, do, and those who can't
do, teach", may be a bit mean-spirited, but there can be truth in it,
and sometimes those who can't "do" can teach someone to "do" very well
indeed. Just my opinion. :-)

Tom