Tom MacIntyre

On 25 Jun 2005 13:01:33 -0700, "John-Del" wrote:

Tom MacIntyre wrote:

I no longer work as a technician, but still like to think about
technical stuff.
Tom

Whatcha doing now Tom? Anyone in this business with any brain at all
is looking for something new.

I applied for a golf pro position, but it seems they don't hire golf
pros who can't break 120 or so and can't teach golf. Sounds like
athletic discrimination to me.......

John

I am now a Service Delivery (mailroom) Clerk with Citizenship and
Immigration Canada. August 20th, upcoming, will be my third
anniversary as such, and also is the day after my 49th birthday. I
fondly refer to it as my "perfect mid-life career change". :-)

Interestingly enough, I didn't realize how much clerical work we
technicians did until I had to tailor my resume to fit this job...

Considering the golf pro thing...here are the records of 2 very good
hitting coaches...pay special attention to the radical differences in
their levels of success when actually playing the game...don't give up
on your dream. :-)

http://www.baseball-reference.com/l/lauch01.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/w/willite01.shtml

My son plays in a 9-12 year old league here. He is one of the team's
pitchers. I have "dad-coached" him for the last few years. He has
extremely good control (typically 70-80% of his pitches are strikes).
When I tried to pitch as a kid, control was my biggest problem. Go
figure...it's either nurture, or nature from his mother's side of the
family. :-)

That old expression about "those who can do, do, and those who can't
do, teach", may be a bit mean-spirited, but there can be truth in it,
and sometimes those who can't "do" can teach someone to "do" very well
indeed. Just my opinion. :-)

Tom