Electronics (alt.electronics)

Jack

Default real techs

Are there any real techs on here that work for a real shop or own one?
It seems like there are mostly hobbiest types on here or consumer types
looking for a quick answer to a complex problem. Stuff like "no picture,
blown fuse, won't come on...ect..." Can we diverse this group into a real
tech group so professionals can help each other? I don't have the time to
teach basic electronics and work professionaly as a TV tech. I would like to
exchange thoughts, ideas, problems and fixes with other real technicians. Do
we need to start a new group for this? Most of these consumer or hobbiest
types think we are all crooks, so why bother with them? I've tried to help
them but they don't have even enough basic knowlege of electronics to enable
any understanding of what I'm talking about. It seems to me that the shop
owner and TV tech is labeled as a thief and a crook by most of these people.
Well if it were easy, everyone would be able to fix their own TV. So, any
real techs want to rise up out of this group and soar with the eagles? Let's
help each other so we can help others and erase the bad complex about us all
being thieves and crooks!

Pete Marchant

Where did the thieves and crooks come from. Are you some kind of
techno-political, extreme left radical.

I have been into electroncis for years. I have never had once infered that I
was a crooked thief?????? You must dwell in strange circles.

Though a newsgroup thats more techno focused would be nice.

"Jack" wrote in message
[...]

Luhan Monat

Yo,

Ditto, as they say. I started fixing TV's when I was 14, designed my
first transistor radio at 10, ham radio licesnce (general class) at 13.

I got so popular fixing stereos back in the 60's that I had to come up
with a 'private' name because *everybody* with a stereo in Urbanna
Illinois knew my real name and wanted to talk to me personally and the
people I worked for didn't want me interrupted all day.

Hence, I made up the name Luhan Monat which only my friends knew.

I would *love* a real 'techinical only' newsgroup; trouble is, you are
still going to get everybody with very basic questions dropping in.

What about creating an obvious pair of newsgroups? One like,
'electronics forum.beginner' and another called 'electronics
forum.advanced'? Then anyone going into the advanced group with a
simple question could be directed to the other group.

Meantime, I will just keep fishing around in this group and a couple of
others trading advice and such.

Regrards,
Luhan

"Jack" wrote in message

[...]

Coyoteboy

Most of these consumer or hobbiest
types think we are all crooks, so why bother with them? I've tried to help
them but they don't have even enough basic knowlege of electronics to

enable
any understanding of what I'm talking about. It seems to me that the shop

Trollish crap, if you dont have time to answer the basics for people who are
interested, go find yourself another group. Everyone was a newbie once and
would have liked the sort of help that can be found on here.

Ben Cook

"Coyoteboy" wrote in message
Most of these consumer or hobbiest
types think we are all crooks, so why bother with them? I've tried to

help
them but they don't have even enough basic knowlege of electronics to

enable
any understanding of what I'm talking about. It seems to me that the

shop

Trollish crap, if you dont have time to answer the basics for people who

are
interested, go find yourself another group. Everyone was a newbie once and
would have liked the sort of help that can be found on here.

Absolutely. Newsgroups should be for everyone. No one said you have to
respond to everything on here anyway! Look for what you're intereseted in
and let the newbies get what they need. As long as its 'on-topic' I don't
see what the problem is. I have a bigger problem with the Porn spammers
personally.

Geoff Hackett

Hmmm....

You can post question's as hi tech as you like here can't you?

I am a professional electronics design engineer and have been for many years
but I can't say I know it all. Newby's can sometimes spark new ideas for
designer's. Their ignorance can be quite a challenge to work with.

If it's repairs you are after then leave it to the professionals. You could
end up dead poking in back of your telly.

"Ben Cook" wrote in message
. ..