Old November 24th 15, 05:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default PDF reader.

Tom Del Rosso wrote:
Robert Baer wrote:
What bugs me is that Foxit insists on getting some kind of "addon"
at times, and then cannot find the website.
2 cases so far..1) want to type in (fill out) something; 2) want to
do digital signature.
Does that useless query at first character case 1.

I never get that because I stick with v2.3. It doesn't seem to have any
relevant limitations.

Maybe oldversion.com has it.

They do. Hope their note that version is Win2K compatible; they have
a habit of telling lies WRT compatibility.

Old January 28th 16, 10:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Ian Field wrote:

Someone mentioned a free alternative to Acrobat on this group, but the
post expired before I took notes.

Could someone remind me please?

Thanks.

On Linux, at least, there's evince. It seems to now handle all flavors of
documents, and is faster than Adobe's reader.

Jon
Old January 28th 16, 10:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 15:15:36 -0600, Jon Elson
wrote:

Ian Field wrote:

Someone mentioned a free alternative to Acrobat on this group, but the
post expired before I took notes.

Could someone remind me please?

Thanks.

On Linux, at least, there's evince. It seems to now handle all flavors of
documents, and is faster than Adobe's reader.

Jon

I have the professional level Foxit PhantomPDF, but I believe there's
a free Foxit reader.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |

Old February 14th 16, 10:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Ian Field wrote:

Someone mentioned a free alternative to Acrobat on this group, but the
post expired before I took notes.

Could someone remind me please?

Thanks.

On Linux, at least, there's evince. It seems to now handle all flavors of
documents, and is faster than Adobe's reader.

Jon

I've been surprised, recently, how Ghostview still manages to tackle
PDFs that choke the free readers of the bigger Acrobat and Foxit
players.

Sometimes just determining that a document's contents is crap, is good
enough to save further time or effort. There's an awful lot of it
floating around.

An old Acrobat 4 install (on W98, W2K or XP) seems to ignore some
forms of password protection, after an upgrade in another OS suddenly
applied protection to docs that had been in unrestricted use for a
decade or more.

RL

Newsgroup reader gregz Home Repair 3 March 10th 13 05:14 AM
Hi all…. ebook reader Rosis Electronics Repair 0 July 7th 09 07:10 AM
introducing new reader here tom koehler Woodturning 22 November 3rd 08 05:42 PM
news reader for Mac [email protected] Woodworking 9 April 5th 07 07:49 PM
new reader john s Woodworking 3 March 29th 05 01:26 AM