Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Robert Baer[_3_] Robert Baer[_3_] is offline

Default PDF reader.

Ian Field wrote:

"Robert Baer" wrote in message
Ian Field wrote:

"Robert Baer" wrote in message
Ian Field wrote:

"mike" wrote in message
On 10/28/2015 6:37 AM, Boris Mohar wrote:
On Tue, 27 Oct 2015 21:12:37 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

Someone mentioned a free alternative to Acrobat on this group, but
the post
expired before I took notes.

Could someone remind me please?

Thanks.

I use Foxit.

I use foxit too. No problems
version 5.1
FoxitReader514.0104_enu_Setup.exe

I looked at the newer version, but was turned off, but don't
remember why. May have been additional crap they wanted to install.

Copying that into the search bar - the first site I clicked,
triggered a
reported unsafe warning.

Downloaded from Tucows, the file I got is about 14Mb - is that the
full
redistributable install file?
AFAIK everything now is an "installer" no matter the verbage "full".

The reason I ask is; I may take it over to my XP box which has no
internet access.

While on the subject of software - I'm looking for an ISO for a bootable
CD with HDD wipe utilities.

So far my searches have only found demos and paid versions.

Get Parted Magic 2013_05-07 which AFAIK is the most recent one NOT
locked by mandatory nagware (and it is hell to modify a CD).
I may have the ISO on my HD...yes, i have 2 copies, one named
pmagic_2013_05_07.iso 320512KB downloaded/created 5/6/3013 and the
other same name and date, just a different folder.
If you want, i can FTP that and other 2013 versions to a folder on my
Oil 4 Less(R) .ORG website if you ask.
Otherwise i will assume you have found and downloaded it.

Thanks.

One or more uploaded at http://www.oil4lessllc.org/ISO/; full size
about 310Mbytes; taking forever. Ignore shorties about 7Mbytes, the
transfer died early so i will have to retry later.