Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Newsgroup reader

The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 3/8/2013 9:17 PM, gonjah wrote:
On 3/8/2013 8:59 PM, Meanie wrote:
As I continue my advancement into the technological computer world, I
will
soon be ridding of my desktop containing Windows XP and Outlook
express and
joining the laptop and Windows 8 crowd, I am in search of a newsgroup
reader
since Outlook express is no mas for the newer windows versions.

Any suggestions for a good, preferably free, reader, but will consider
a low
cost one if free isn't feasible.

Gracias

Thunderbird?

I've tried a number of newsreaders over the years and I've settled on
Thunderbird because it's simple and easy to use. ^_^

TDD

I liked using it, until I deleted all my mail. I then went back to separate
reader.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/8/2013 9:40 PM, gregz wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
[...]

I don't use it for Email, just a newsreader but there is a backup
program for Mozilla programs. I use Gmail and Hotmail. ^_^

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mozbackup/

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 3/8/2013 9:40 PM, gregz wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
[...]

At the time, my university server people redid my mail from their backup !!

Always backup, I say in my mind.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/9/2013 8:24 PM, gregz wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 3/8/2013 9:40 PM, gregz wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
[...]

I use MozBackup when I move from one computer to another. I don't have
to reset news servers, settings and preferences. If you use a number of
different machines as I do it's perfect for transferring your activities
from one to another. ^_^

TDD

Any newsgroup reader recommendation(s), please? jim UK diy 44 April 16th 12 10:58 AM
Newsgroup reader TMC[_2_] UK diy 21 February 19th 12 05:27 PM
OT RSS & Newsgroup reader Hugh - Was Invisible UK diy 5 November 19th 11 06:03 PM
OT - Newsgroup Reader For Linux Joe Metalworking 36 January 6th 09 01:36 PM