Old October 27th 15, 10:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default PDF reader.

Someone mentioned a free alternative to Acrobat on this group, but the post
expired before I took notes.

Could someone remind me please?

Thanks.

Old October 28th 15, 12:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Tue, 27 Oct 2015 21:12:37 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

Someone mentioned a free alternative to Acrobat on this group, but the post
expired before I took notes.

Could someone remind me please?

Thanks.

I use Foxit. google for "pdf reader" to find it, and lots of others.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI Vancouver BC
peterbb (at) telus.net

Old October 28th 15, 07:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

news.com...
wrote:

Someone mentioned a free alternative to Acrobat on this group, but the
post
expired before I took notes.

Could someone remind me please?

Thanks.

I use Foxit. google for "pdf reader" to find it, and lots of others.

Thanks - that may be the one that was mentioned.

In the past, I've found some dodgy things by doing a general "pdf reader"
search.

Staying with Adobe would be preferable - but I've heard rumours they're
going to start charging fees.

Old October 28th 15, 07:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Someone mentioned a free alternative to Acrobat on this group, but the
post
expired before I took notes.

Could someone remind me please?

Thanks.

I use Foxit.

Thanks - that might be the one that was mentioned.

Old October 28th 15, 11:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Someone mentioned a free alternative to Acrobat on this group, but the post
expired before I took notes.

Could someone remind me please?

Thanks.

I use Foxit.

I use foxit too. No problems
version 5.1
FoxitReader514.0104_enu_Setup.exe

I looked at the newer version, but was turned off, but don't
remember why. May have been additional crap they wanted to install.
Old October 29th 15, 09:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Someone mentioned a free alternative to Acrobat on this group, but
the post
expired before I took notes.

Could someone remind me please?

Thanks.

I use Foxit. google for "pdf reader" to find it, and lots of others.

Thanks - that may be the one that was mentioned.

In the past, I've found some dodgy things by doing a general "pdf
reader" search.

Staying with Adobe would be preferable - but I've heard rumours they're
going to start charging fees.

NO rumor.
Adobe has been demanding, from what they deemed to be business
customers, "fees" on a yearly or monthly basis depending on subscription
level chosen.
They get away with it via their "update" that replaces an old
reliable freebie with a new freebie that demands a subscription else it
will die.
This has been going on for at least 3 months now.
Old October 29th 15, 07:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

[...]

The W10 upgrade seems to include a PDF reader in the browser, but it is not
in any way satisfactory.

Usually I download stuff on the W10 machine, its reader is just about good
enough to see whether the document is worth moving to my XP box for further
study.

Maybe I'll just put up with that, but sounds like if I need something
better - Adobe is worth giving a miss.

Old October 29th 15, 07:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Someone mentioned a free alternative to Acrobat on this group, but the
post
expired before I took notes.

Could someone remind me please?

Thanks.

I use Foxit.

I use foxit too. No problems
version 5.1
FoxitReader514.0104_enu_Setup.exe

I looked at the newer version, but was turned off, but don't
remember why. May have been additional crap they wanted to install.

Copying that into the search bar - the first site I clicked, triggered a
reported unsafe warning.

Downloaded from Tucows, the file I got is about 14Mb - is that the full
redistributable install file?

Old October 29th 15, 09:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 2015-10-29, Ian Field wrote:

Copying that into the search bar - the first site I clicked, triggered a
reported unsafe warning.

Downloaded from Tucows, the file I got is about 14Mb - is that the full
redistributable install file?

possibly you clicked a "Download now" advertisement and not the actual
file link.

--
\_(ツ)_

Newsgroup reader gregz Home Repair 3 March 10th 13 05:14 AM
Hi all. ebook reader Rosis Electronics Repair 0 July 7th 09 07:10 AM
introducing new reader here tom koehler Woodturning 22 November 3rd 08 05:42 PM
news reader for Mac [email protected] Woodworking 9 April 5th 07 07:49 PM
new reader john s Woodworking 3 March 29th 05 01:26 AM