Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Californication at its worst...

BERKELEY, Calif. — The Berkeley City Council will consider a
resolution that would declare the Army private suspected of leaking
classified information to WikiLeaks a hero and call for his release.

The council plans a vote Tuesday on the resolution in support of Pfc.
Bradley Manning, who is being held in a military brig in Virginia. A
city commission already has approved it.

Bob Meola, who authored the resolution, tells the San Francisco
Chronicle that Manning is a patriot who deserves a medal.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/7329826.html

I'm going to suggest that Arizona pass a resolution banning any
purchases from Californica.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"flipper" wrote in message
On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 14:54:13 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

BERKELEY, Calif. - The Berkeley City Council will consider a
resolution that would declare the Army private suspected of leaking
classified information to WikiLeaks a hero and call for his release.

The council plans a vote Tuesday on the resolution in support of Pfc.
Bradley Manning, who is being held in a military brig in Virginia. A
city commission already has approved it.

Bob Meola, who authored the resolution, tells the San Francisco
Chronicle that Manning is a patriot who deserves a medal.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/7329826.html

I'm going to suggest that Arizona pass a resolution banning any
purchases from Californica.

...Jim Thompson

Well, that's typical left wing loonies for you. Stealing classified
documents is 'hero' material but the Bush Administration legally
divulging info on Wilson's 'Niger investigation' is an outrage.

If they were interested in 'truth' they'd relish any release of
information but they're not. They're only interested in damaging
'enemies' (which includes the US) and protecting 'friends' regardless
of the truth.

Let wikileaks start divulging private/confidential documents of labor
unions, George Soros, ACORN, or any other left wing affiliate and see
how fast they turn into a lynch mob.

I'd like to see someone test that theory.
I propose Leftistleaks. Now, we need some infiltrators.
I'm somewhat surprised we don't have more leaks from the labor unions.
MikeK

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

amdx wrote:
"flipper" wrote in message

Let wikileaks start divulging private/confidential documents of labor
unions, George Soros, ACORN, or any other left wing affiliate and see
how fast they turn into a lynch mob.

I'd like to see someone test that theory.
I propose Leftistleaks. Now, we need some infiltrators.
I'm somewhat surprised we don't have more leaks from the labor unions.

Who's gonna leak on somebody who's getting them twice the prevailing wage
for half the work?

Good Luck!
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
BERKELEY, Calif. - The Berkeley City Council will consider a
resolution that would declare the Army private suspected of leaking
classified information to WikiLeaks a hero and call for his release.

I was working for a military contractor (EDO) in the early '70s about the
time of the Watergate break-in. When Daniel Ellsberg leaked to the press,
the whole plant was required to attend a session with our chief security
officer. He told us in no uncertain terms that leaking any classified
information was severely punishable. We were given chapter and verse of all
the penalties that would be incurred. We had, after all, signed a
confidentially agreement as a condition of employment.

I would assume that the military is even more particular about enforcing the
chain of command and protecting classified information. Beats the heck out
of me though that an Army Private would have the necessary credentials to
access and steal the range of documents that were released. Something in the
network was either not properly secured or the Pvt was a good hacker. In
either case, it was not legal.

The Takeaway www.thetakeaway.org had some discussions this morning about
wikileaks and the web security that allowed the information to be stolen.
Oppie

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

[...]

It's great to see Amazon selling wikileaks, can't miss a profit
opertunity:

/quote from the BBC

In a twist to the story it has emerged that Amazon, which last week
refused to host Wikileaks, is selling a Kindle version of the
documents Wikileaks has leaked.

/end quote

If they were interested in 'truth' they'd relish any release of
information but they're not. They're only interested in damaging
'enemies' (which includes the US) and protecting 'friends' regardless
of the truth.

Let wikileaks start divulging private/confidential documents of labor
unions, George Soros, ACORN, or any other left wing affiliate and see
how fast they turn into a lynch mob.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Thu, 9 Dec 2010 13:09:44 UTC, "Oppie"
wrote:

I would assume that the military is even more particular about enforcing the
chain of command and protecting classified information. Beats the heck out
of me though that an Army Private would have the necessary credentials to
access and steal the range of documents that were released. Something in the
network was either not properly secured or the Pvt was a good hacker. In
either case, it was not legal.

The key principle of security is 'need to know'. The way the story is
being told in the UK is that after the Sept 11 attack the US
government widened access to secret material to help fight terrorism.
So a reported 2,500,000 people have access to this material. I'm not
condoning the leaking of classified information but it does appear
that the US government that opened up access is largely responsible
for this material being available for leaking. It also seems to me
that classification is increasingly being used to save politicians
embarrassment instead of protecting vital information.
Over-classification is as much a problem as failing to protect the
real secrets.

--
Jim Backus running OS/2 Warp 3 & 4, Mac OS X and Win98SE
bona fide replies to j dot backus the circle thingy jita dot

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

[...]

I had forgotten about the need to share information initiative as a result
of 9/11. That makes sense then. Still, the military takes an oath of service
to the country (not sure of the exact wording - I had a high draft number
for the lottery). 'Service to the country' can have different meanings to
different folks (revolutions are always legal in the first person).

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

I'm going to suggest that Arizona pass a resolution banning any
purchases from Californica.

Good luck without any ...

lettuce

celery

grapes

decent wine

semiconductors (silicon valley).

We'll probably do well without any imports of:

Mexicans across your borders

Cactus apples

Sand

right wing idiots.

Thanks,

Jim
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

I'm going to suggest that Arizona pass a resolution banning any
purchases from Californica.

Good luck without any ...

lettuce

Keep it

celery

Throw it away.

grapes

I never see any from California where I live.

decent wine

I don't drink.

semiconductors (silicon valley).

Silicon Valley? Does that still exist, other than in name? I see
very few semiconductors 'Made in the USA' since the Silicon Valley moved
a most work offshore, starting at least 40 years ago.

We'll probably do well without any imports of:

How about the WATER and ELECTRICITY imports?

Mexicans across your borders

You get those across the Mexico/'Land of Fruits & Nuts' border.

Cactus apples

Sand

Go pound some.

right wing idiots.

California already has more than enough idiots to supply the entire
earth.

Thanks,

For nothing.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

I'm going to suggest that Arizona pass a resolution banning any
purchases from Californica.

Good luck without any ...

lettuce

celery

grapes

Dreamer! All of the above come from Mexico or Chile. And you missed
tomatoes ;-)

decent wine

Australia, New Zealand, Chile and Italy... easy to get, excellent
choices and inexpensive.

semiconductors (silicon valley).

Those companies are fleeing Californica.

We'll probably do well without any imports of:

Mexicans across your borders

They're fleeing Arizona :-)

Cactus apples

Make excellent candy.

Sand

right wing idiots.

Thanks,

Jim

Don't worry, Jim/RST, we'll save a low damp spot for you in the
internment camps when we round up all the "progressives" and apply
Jefferson's "Tree of Liberty"...

http://tinyurl.com/2dej2ey

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I'll have you know that I have never once referred to anyone here
as being a member of the ignorant, hateful, ugly, mooching class.

I have always been kind, referring to them by their own chosen
name... Democrats O:-)

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

[...]

Forgot to mention that the San Joaquin Valley is now nearly all
desert, thanks to leftist weenies who think the Snail Darter is more
important than water for farmers.

Leftist weenies are self-destructive.

...Jim Thompson
--