Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default The WORST builder I can think of but

This outfit is a "BBB accredited member", and that's exactly why my
company abandoned its membership with bbb. We don't want to be
associated with crooks line kb. We are forced to share the planet with
them but that's as much as we are willing to tolerate!
We bought a brand new house build but these individuals in Englewood,
Co in 2000, and it's literally being desintegrated starting in 20001.
Every single neighbor had their driveway re-done more than once over
the first two years, and now - when warranty is up - they are facing
the same problem. Recently, we had a water leak on the second floor,
and I looked into the attic... A bunch of ventilation pipes sticking
from the ceiling and not even connected to the pipes going through the
roof.
In any case, kb is a definition of BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE.
Enjoy!
Posted to misc.consumers.house

On Jul 11, 3:45 pm, " wrote:
This outfit is a "BBB accredited member", and that's exactly why my
company abandoned its membership with bbb. We don't want to be
associated with crooks line kb. We are forced to share the planet with
them but that's as much as we are willing to tolerate!
We bought a brand new house build but these individuals in Englewood,
Co in 2000, and it's literally being desintegrated starting in 20001.
Every single neighbor had their driveway re-done more than once over
the first two years, and now - when warranty is up - they are facing
the same problem. Recently, we had a water leak on the second floor,
and I looked into the attic... A bunch of ventilation pipes sticking
from the ceiling and not even connected to the pipes going through the
roof.
In any case, kb is a definition of BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE.
Enjoy!

Venting into the attic is a code violation.
This is a lesson to all, and I learned it again even though my last
builder had a (supposedly) good reputation:
Get a home inspector, even for a new home!!!!!!
Their supervisors have a schedule to meet. If you hire an inspector,
he works for YOU!

No, I have no association with home inspectors. But last time, he
found broken roof trusses, improper attic insulation, and furnaces not
hooked up to the gas.
Posted to misc.consumers.house

On Jul 11, 5:45*pm, " wrote:
This outfit is a "BBB accredited member", and that's exactly why my
company abandoned its membership with bbb. We don't want to be
associated with crooks line kb. We are forced to share the planet with
them but that's as much as we are willing to tolerate!
We bought a brand new house build but these individuals in Englewood,
Co in 2000, and it's literally being desintegrated starting in 20001.
Every single neighbor had their driveway re-done more than once over
the first two years, and now - when warranty is up - they are facing
the same problem. Recently, we had a water leak on the second floor,
and I looked into the attic... A bunch of ventilation pipes sticking
from the ceiling and not even connected to the pipes going through the
roof.
In any case, kb is a definition of BAD BUSINESS PRACTICE.
Enjoy!

You didnt know the bbb is bull**** and toothless
Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article
,
" wrote:

This outfit is a "BBB accredited member", and that's exactly why my
company abandoned its membership with bbb. We don't want to be
associated with crooks line kb. We are forced to share the planet with
them but that's as much as we are willing to tolerate!
We bought a brand new house build but these individuals in Englewood,
Co in 2000, and it's literally being desintegrated starting in 20001.

Gee, if the home lasted 18,001 years, don't you think you got your
money's worth?

Every single neighbor had their driveway re-done more than once over
the first two years, and now - when warranty is up - they are facing
the same problem. Recently, we had a water leak on the second floor,
and I looked into the attic... A bunch of ventilation pipes sticking
from the ceiling and not even connected to the pipes going through the
roof.

Oh come on. All new homes have small problems. They are called
a "punch list". All homes need maintenance and upkeep. These are
small dollar items. If you cannot take care of it yourself, then
perhaps you are not "homeowner material", and should think about
getting a condo or renting an apartment where they take care of
things like this. Driveways do settle, and roofs do leak. Deal
with it rather than whining on the Internet.

-john-

John A. Weeks III * * * * * 612-720-2854 * * * * *
Newave Communications * * * * * * * * * * * * http://www.johnweeks.com
Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article ,
krw wrote:

In article ,
says...
In article
,
" wrote:

snip

Oh come on. All new homes have small problems. They are called
a "punch list". All homes need maintenance and upkeep. These are
small dollar items. If you cannot take care of it yourself, then
perhaps you are not "homeowner material", and should think about
getting a condo or renting an apartment where they take care of
things like this. Driveways do settle, and roofs do leak. Deal
with it rather than whining on the Internet.

Roofs leak? They certainly aren't supposed to (otherwise I agree).
Even a minuscule leak can cause a huge mess.

You never know if a roof will leak or not until it is tested.
That means in rain, thunderstorms, and winter storms. It is
easy to miss a spot when sealing up a vent pipe, and only find
it later on after the first rain. In my last house, I had a
drop develop from the vent pipe after living there 4 years.
If these things didn't happen, then there would be little need
for roof repair companies.

I'll give you that a modern properly installed roof in most
climates using quality materials has a very low likelihood
of leaking.

-john-

John A. Weeks III * * * * * 612-720-2854 * * * * *
Newave Communications * * * * * * * * * * * *
http://www.johnweeks.com
Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article ,
says...
In article ,
krw wrote:

In article ,
says...
In article
,
" wrote:

snip

[...]

The only time mine has leaked is when the roof was shot or one of
those "roof repair companies" was allowed on it. Roofs are NOT
supposed to leak. Your contractors were abortionists.

I'll give you that a modern properly installed roof in most
climates using quality materials has a very low likelihood
of leaking.

Like zero.

--
Keith
Posted to misc.consumers.house

On Jul 13, 10:10*am, "John A. Weeks III" wrote:
In article
,

" wrote:
[...]

Nice to see that one thing those a-holes do thoroughly is monitoring -
and bs responding to - newsgroups!
Nice try, johnnyboy!
First, your masters can't afford to hire someone with IQ above zero.
You can't even figure out that it's way less than "18,000.1" years
since 2001...
Also, this moronic approach has already been expressed by one kb guy:
"there is no such thing as a straight wall". You haven't wised up
since then.
Posted to misc.consumers.house

On Jul 13, 9:16*pm, krw wrote:
In article ,
says...

In article ,
*krw wrote:

In article ,
says...
In article
,
" wrote:

snip

[...]

Keith- Hide quoted text -

Not unless built by kb-like crooks!
Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article
,

" wrote:
[...]

??? Have you read this thread, or are you just posting random
text to this message? What you say doesn't make any sense. Can
you at least explain what you mean?

First, your masters can't afford to hire someone with IQ above zero.
You can't even figure out that it's way less than "18,000.1" years
since 2001...

You must have missed school the day they taught math. They said
that the house started to "desintegrated" in the year 20,001. The
house was "build" in 2,000. 20,0001 - 2,000 = 18,001, at least it
does on the planet where I come from.

Also, this moronic approach has already been expressed by one kb guy:
"there is no such thing as a straight wall". You haven't wised up
since then.

You must have have me confused with someone else, or you missed your
meds today and are just confused in general.

-john-

John A. Weeks III * * * * * 612-720-2854 * * * * *
Newave Communications * * * * * * * * * * * * http://www.johnweeks.com

Posted to misc.consumers.house

On Jul 13, 9:10 am, "John A. Weeks III" wrote:
In article
,

" wrote:
[...]

A punch list is one thing; it should include scratched cabinets, wrong
light fixture, such trivial things as that.

It should NOT EVER include code violations, crooked walls, or other
major stuff that the superintendent should have been on top of. I
once had a KB home in San Antonio. Never again, anywhere. They
didn't think that brick walls should rest entirely on the foundation.
The air conditioner condensate line went into the foundation, but
never came out, so it leaked all over the garage. The shower leaked
into the garage. The hot water pipes were not insulated under ground,
so the master bath couldn't get hot water. These are design issues
and careless construction, not punch lists.

Sad to say, lots of other builders are just as bad.

Just when you think we are the worst... [email protected] Woodworking 58 November 21st 07 12:42 AM
Your worst bodge. avocado UK diy 13 October 14th 07 11:23 PM
Britains Worst Builder The Medway Handyman UK diy 14 September 14th 07 07:25 PM
MAY THE WORST MAN WIN ! fred Woodworking 15 October 19th 06 01:29 AM
Worst Tools [email protected] UK diy 34 April 22nd 05 01:27 PM