Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Hee! Hee! Hee!

Hee! Hee! Hee!

If you don't know why I'm laughing, you're terribly under-informed.

Talk about hope and change... ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

"A house divided against itself cannot stand,"

-Jesus, President Lincoln, President Johnson

Dear Leader Barack Hussein Obama is about to prove it.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Hee! Hee! Hee!

If you don't know why I'm laughing, you're terribly under-informed.

Talk about hope and change... ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--

VA & NJ, I'm happy for NJ. Finally real change.

Cheers

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Hee! Hee! Hee!

If you don't know why I'm laughing, you're terribly under-informed.

Talk about hope and change... ;-)

...Jim Thompson

We had a republican win over the 3 term dem county executive (Westchester,
NY).
Unfortunately, the city of White Plains election seems to be all taken by
dems.
One independent challenger for mayor had his petition thrown out by the
courts because of a mis-understanding about filing date. Call me suspicious
but the only other candidate was endorsed by both parties. A big write-in
campaign resulted. We'll see how that works out in the next week.
http://www.lohud.com/

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Oppie wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Hee! Hee! Hee!

If you don't know why I'm laughing, you're terribly under-informed.

Talk about hope and change... ;-)

...Jim Thompson

We had a republican win over the 3 term dem county executive
(Westchester, NY).
Unfortunately, the city of White Plains election seems to be all taken
by dems.
One independent challenger for mayor had his petition thrown out by the
courts because of a mis-understanding about filing date. Call me
suspicious but the only other candidate was endorsed by both parties. A
big write-in campaign resulted. We'll see how that works out in the next
week.
http://www.lohud.com/

Hopefully our taxes will stop increasing so fast. $12.5k for a raised
ranch on half an acre. Sheesh.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 11:38:09 -0500, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

Oppie wrote:

[...]

Damn! That's about 3X what I pay. But things are starting to get
politically nasty around here... I foresee some upcoming "pick-up
truck" events ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Obama says, "I AM NOT a cry baby, Fox REALLY IS out to get me!"

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Oppie wrote:

[...]

Move to Texas. $4.5k (most of it school district tax) for 12 acres
with house and barn and no state income tax. I could drop it
some if I put a couple of cows out back and took the ag exemption.

--
Joe Chisolm
Marble Falls, Tx.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Phil Hobbs" wrote in message
m...
Oppie wrote:

[...]

My opinion is property taxes are wrong, once you pay for your home, you
should
not have to pay the government to live in it. (paying for the rest of your
life)
Makes me mad just thinking about it!
Mike

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

In article ,
Phil Hobbs wrote:
Hopefully our taxes will stop increasing so fast. $12.5k for a raised
ranch on half an acre. Sheesh.

Vote with your feet. 2.5K (like Joe, mostly school tax) for 8 acres and
a not quite complete "shop with living space" ("camp" per the the
assesors.) Somewhat less if I actually get to the point of living there
- currently paying the non-resident premium rate. About a 2 hour drive
from the commuter train if you need to hit NYC, or an hour from the
Amtrak more expensive version. Not the sort of thing you'd want to do
daily, but not too bad if you needed to get there once in a while,
though I rarely do.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 11:24:41 -0600, "amdx" wrote:

"Phil Hobbs" wrote in message
om...
Oppie wrote:

[...]

Sales tax is the way to go. Exempt basics. Eliminate business taxes.
That way, people elect to pay tax when they buy stuff, and imports get
dinged just as hard as domestic products. And people have jobs and get
paid, so can afford to buy stuff.

John

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

m...

Oppie wrote:

[...]

N.Fl. about 1/2 acre, 3br, 2bath $200.000 range.
Property taxes of $832 per year.
All of the sudden I feel blessed.
Did I mention 72 degrees 50% humidity.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"amdx" wrote in message

"Phil Hobbs" wrote
in message m...
Oppie wrote:

[...]

Read what you yourself wrote. You "pay for your home" and are then
taxed for the right to live on the property, or ground it sets on.

Check out rental costs on similar properties in the same area, and
then quit complaining and thank God that you have it so good.

Bill

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 11:24:41 -0600, amdx wrote:
"Phil Hobbs" wrote in message
Oppie wrote:
[...]

A comparison of the Government vs. the "Mafia":
http://mysite.verizon.net/richgrise/HIFF/

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Phil Hobbs" wrote in message
Oppie wrote:
[...]

But call it a "purchase" tax, or maybe an "outgo" tax; there seems to be
an aversion to the term "sales" taxes.

And additional pluses - the bureaucrats will have to pay their "fair
share", along with the guys with all the loopholes.

Make ten million in "income," and you can hide it. Spend it on a ten
million dollar yacht, pay a million (or whatever) in purchase tax.

After all, every tax there is ultimately comes out of the pockets of
some working stiff - wanna "nail the rich"? Tax their expenditures.

Even tax clothing, except for _used_ clothing, like at thrift shops
and garage sales.

But hey, what's ten bucks tax on a $100.00 suit? ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"flipper" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 12:55:26 -0500,

wrote:

"amdx" wrote in message
. ..

"Phil Hobbs" wrote
in message m...
Oppie wrote:

"Jim Thompson"
wrote in message ...
[...]

The renter can also "thank God" for the privilege of paying
property taxes, by proxy through rent to the owner.

Right now, I "thank God" for a place to live that I can afford,
regardless of whether what I pay helps defray the landlord's cost
to own the place or not.

Bill

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 14:49:52 -0600, flipper wrote:

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 14:15:44 -0500, "Garberstreet Electronics"
wrote:

"flipper" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 12:55:26 -0500,

wrote:

"amdx" wrote in message
. ..

"Phil Hobbs" wrote
in message m...
Oppie wrote:

"Jim Thompson"
wrote in message ...
[...]

That's nice but the issue was taxes.

---
You've never seen a thread change streams in mid-horse???

JF

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Garberstreet Electronics" wrote in message

"amdx" wrote in message

"Phil Hobbs" wrote in message
m...
Oppie wrote:

[...]

Bill, I don't get your point, my wife and I have had a lower middle
income, we lived frugally and saved our money. I know people
that made a lot more money but have a lot less, that's there problem not
mine.
Why should I check rental prices, I own my home. But I have to keep paying
the government, and so do you, if you rent.
I'll complain if I want, and thank who or whatever I want.

Cash for clunkers;
What a stupid idea, made a blip in sales and a downturn after demand was
used up,
now you have to pay more for a used car cause they destroyed 600,000 cars.

Stimulus money;
Seems what has been spent has went into making more (saving) government
jobs.
That's just what we need! (sarcasm)

Bailing out GM;
I mean paying the union for votes.
The investors should have gotten paid not the union.
They should have went bankrupt, and reduced their cost of production.

Welfare;
I know a healthy adult male useing food stamps.
Did I mention he also has a camera phone that has texting and
an internet connection.

I'd like to continue but I need to do some work.
Somebody's got to do it.

Ahhh! Mike

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

Oppie wrote:

[...]

At least they'll be new trucks.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091104/ap_on_bi_ge/us_cash_for_clunkers

Cheers

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 18:10:55 -0500, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

Oppie wrote:

[...]

Naaaaah! They'll be Ford F150's ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Obama says, "I AM NOT a cry baby, Fox REALLY IS out to get me!"
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Oppie wrote:

[...]

It's sort of a long haul to Manhattan from there, though...

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal
ElectroOptical Innovations
55 Orchard Rd
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058
hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 16:56:05 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Naaaaah! They'll be Ford F150's ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Fords, AND their owners are retarded.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 10:20:09 -0800, Richard the Dreaded Libertarian
wrote:

But hey, what's ten bucks tax on a $100.00 suit? ;-)

I pay $20 tax on a $200 suit in this town already. That is AFTER I
already paid #0% tax on the income that left me with the $200 to buy the
suit with.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Phil Hobbs wrote:
Oppie wrote:

[...]

Probably more in Scaresdale or Larchmont or Rye - maybe others as
well. :-( But thank goodness we got rid of Spano.

Ed
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 13:03:30 -0600, flipper wrote:

The renter can also "thank God" for the privilege of paying property
taxes, by proxy through rent to the owner.

Renters are the most ripped off citizens this country has ever had.
ESPECIALLY now.

Property owners that let out their properties, and developers that make
apt complexes they then fail to maintain worth a **** are the biggest
thieves in the country.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 17:00:51 -0600, flipper wrote:

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 15:26:19 -0600, John Fields
wrote:

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 14:49:52 -0600, flipper wrote:

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 14:15:44 -0500, "Garberstreet Electronics"
wrote:

"flipper" wrote in message
m...
On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 12:55:26 -0500,
wrote:

"amdx" wrote in message
T...

"Phil Hobbs" wrote
in message m...
Oppie wrote:

"Jim Thompson"
wrote in message ...
[...]

Yes, I have but when one begins with "read what you yourself wrote
(about taxes)" followed by "quit complaining" then they're talking
about taxes too regardless of doing a zippity do da whirligig around
it.

To wit, if taxes were lower then more people might "thank God" they
could afford a home or spend less on rent, like maybe enough to send
their kid(s) to college, and if taxes were higher more people might
'thank God' they can't afford a home or pay more for rent, like maybe
so much they can't afford to send their kid(s) to college.

I just find the "thank God" government hasn't taxed you out of house
and home yet, so quit complaining, to be a specious argument. Taxes
are an unfortunate necessity (the degree of which being debatable),
not something to be 'prized' and sought after, Gomez Addams (Season 2,
Episode 5) notwithstanding.

---
Actually, it should be: "I just find the: "thank God government hasn't
taxed you out of house and home yet, so quit complaining", to be a
specious argument."

Even better: "I just find: "thank God government hasn't taxed you out of
house and home yet, so quit complaining", to be a specious argument.

The best, I think, would be: "I just find: "Thank God the government
hasn't taxed you out of house and home yet, so quit complaining", to be
a specious argument."

JF

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Phil Hobbs" wrote in message
m...

Hopefully our taxes will stop increasing so fast. $12.5k for a raised
ranch on half an acre. Sheesh.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Did you see Phil Reisman's column in the morning paper on the Spano -
Astorino battle for county exec? I love his columns and this was another
time I laughed my arse off.
"http://www.lohud.com/article/20091105/COLUMNIST08/911050348/1010/Angry%20voters%20make%20a%20monkey%20out%20of%20Sp ano"

As a fellow westchester-ite, I feel your pain. In White Plains, 'Boss' Bill
Ryan was on our ballot. So far it's a pretty close race with Hyland. No love
lost if Ryan looses grin.

Robert Oppenheimer

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

g wrote:

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 13:03:30 -0600, flipper wrote:

The renter can also "thank God" for the privilege of paying property
taxes, by proxy through rent to the owner.

Renters are the most ripped off citizens this country has ever had.
ESPECIALLY now.

Care to explain?

It is pretty blatantly obvious. Unless you are a total retard, you
shouldn't need an explanation.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

g wrote:

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 13:03:30 -0600, flipper wrote:

The renter can also "thank God" for the privilege of paying property
taxes, by proxy through rent to the owner.

Renters are the most ripped off citizens this country has ever had.
ESPECIALLY now.

And what did Obama do to renters he hasn't done to everyone else?

Who said anything about Obama in my post. I am talking about since the
sixties. Property developers have been sucking away Americans' wallets
for decades. Simple observation of the graphs tells all.

What graphs, you ask? Look at wages over the DOT job list table from
the 50s through the new millennia, and look at other things like water
and sewage, and trash hauling and DOCTOR WAGES and RENT rates, etc. etc.
etc.

When I graduated from high school in '78, the guys that graduated the
year before and the year before paid like $250 a month for a 2 br
apartment, AND they were able to sock away $100 a week, AND the gas and
electric was only about $12 a month. THAT was back when $100 was a LOT of
money.

THAT was just from one week's pay. There were three more after that.

My dad paid less than a week's pay for the mortgage on a 5 br house,
and there were three weeks left for mom to buy 7 bags or more full of
groceries with, and sock away a bunch for weekends in Indiana, and
Christmas, etc.

Now, a "landlord" gets over 3 weeks pay a month from one of these kids,
and the gas and electric gets the rest, and there is hardly anything left
for food.

It is OK though, since most of today's gang boy retard kids are all on
Meth.

Property owners that let out their properties, and developers that make
apt complexes they then fail to maintain worth a **** are the biggest
thieves in the country.

Thieves come in all shapes and sizes but I agree, landlords should
maintain the property.

You should do stand up.

I have seen outlets that will not even hold a plug, and outlets that
would not accept a three-wire due to having a pin broke off in it. 1/2
inch gaps under entry doors with no storm door. Wall mounted heating
units that have had their gratings painted with house enamel that caught
fire when the unit was first used, and put cyanide gas throughout the
room for days on end, when high temp, baked-on enamel is what should have
been used.

Also, if one mentions any such item, it certainly gets upgraded, at
minimal/minimized cost and quality (towel rods that bend when a fly
lights on them, etc), the upgrade includes a rent increase that insures
that the cost gets covered several times over and beyond.

The high rent coffers are what they are supposed to use to do any
maintenance from, and it NOT "jack the rent". Every little excuse.

The main one is the ******* thinking he deserves a new Cadillac every
other year, and that I should pay for it.

THEY are who deserves a depressed economy. THEY are the ones that
should be rent controlled, or be forced to put back some of what WE give.

**** the lawyers... Kill the ****ing landlords.

On the other hand, I take it you've never let out a property to see it
virtually destroyed by the suddenly vanished never to be seen again
renters.

Any retard that doesn't vet his or her proposed tenant deserves whatever
he or she gets. Also, that is what the security deposit, which can be 2X
the rent, is for.

Also, renting for a reasonable rate will usually result in civil
relationships between lessor and lessee.

As I said, thieves come in all shapes and sizes.

I think all you stupid allegory turkeys are... turkeys. There is
something you steal. Mainly- thinking that you are funny, when such is
not always the case, and in many cases, if ever.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"amdx" wrote in message

My opinion is property taxes are wrong, once you pay for your

home, you
should
not have to pay the government to live in it. (paying for the

rest of your
life)
Makes me mad just thinking about it!
Mike

i like to think of it as land rental.
an effective gov. method of reminding people they do not really
own the land they are just renting it, seeing as they can evict
you from it whether your home owner member ship fee is paid for
fully or not.

robb

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 23:21:56 -0500, "robb" wrote:

"amdx" wrote in message
.. .

My opinion is property taxes are wrong, once you pay for your

home, you
should
not have to pay the government to live in it. (paying for the

rest of your
life)
Makes me mad just thinking about it!
Mike

i like to think of it as land rental.
an effective gov. method of reminding people they do not really
own the land they are just renting it, seeing as they can evict
you from it whether your home owner member ship fee is paid for
fully or not.

robb

HOAs are yet another rip off of the American people.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Don Don is offline

robb wrote:
"amdx" wrote in message
My opinion is property taxes are wrong, once you pay for your

home, you
should
not have to pay the government to live in it. (paying for the

rest of your
life)
Makes me mad just thinking about it!
Mike

i like to think of it as land rental.
an effective gov. method of reminding people they do not really
own the land they are just renting it, seeing as they can evict
you from it whether your home owner member ship fee is paid for
fully or not.

robb

Its not rental, it a fee to keep the rif-raf out of your property.

Its cheaper then hiring a private security company.
Its cheaper then hiring a private fire department.

And there is no competition to drive the price up.

don

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

don wrote in message
news:1LadnRT34v7n_GvXnZ2dnUVZ_ghi4p2d@forethought. net...
robb wrote:
"amdx" wrote in message
[...]

isn't that called extortion ?

the prices go up all the time. The gov was blinded, greedly
watching the value of the homes rise during the bubble to raise
the rent accordingly.

the *customer* quickly becomes the rif-raf if they can not pay

robb

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 23:13:14 -0700, don wrote:
robb wrote:
"amdx" wrote in message
My opinion is property taxes are wrong, once you pay for your

home, you
should
not have to pay the government to live in it. (paying for the

rest of your
life)
Makes me mad just thinking about it!

i like to think of it as land rental. an effective gov. method of
reminding people they do not really own the land they are just renting
it, seeing as they can evict you from it whether your home owner member
ship fee is paid for fully or not.

Its not rental, it a fee to keep the rif-raf out of your property.

Its cheaper then hiring a private security company. Its cheaper then
hiring a private fire department.

And there is no competition to drive the price up.

In this day and age, how can there be people who don't grasp the simple
fact that competition drives prices _DOWN_?

Of course, all sane people know that taxation is theft.

Thanks,
Rich