Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default New WhatzIt - WhatzIt.jpg

What is the function of the attached gadget?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Attached Thumbnails
New WhatzIt - WhatzIt.jpg-whatzit-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Shoe horn of half of a speculum?

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
What is the function of the attached gadget?

...Jim Thompson

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 20:29:24 GMT, "Oppie" wrote:

Shoe horn of half of a speculum?

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
What is the function of the attached gadget?

...Jim Thompson

Sno-o-o-o-ort ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 10/12/2007 Jim Thompson wrote:

What is the function of the attached gadget?

...Jim Thompson

Whoopee cushion with earbuds?

--
John B
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:49:44 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

What is the function of the attached gadget?

...Jim Thompson

Looks like some kind of sex toy for women?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

What is the function of the attached gadget?

...Jim Thompson

The silence is deafening ;-)

So I'll give a hint... it's related to my recent surgery.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

What is the function of the attached gadget?

...Jim Thompson

The silence is deafening ;-)

So I'll give a hint... it's related to my recent surgery.

Holding "it" when nature calls?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

What is the function of the attached gadget?

...Jim Thompson

The silence is deafening ;-)

So I'll give a hint... it's related to my recent surgery.

Holding "it" when nature calls?

No ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

It moves an appendage (leg, arm, etc.) around by pulling on the string(s)
without the damaged appendage muscles having to work?

Jim

--
"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right."
--Henry Ford

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
What is the function of the attached gadget?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

What is the function of the attached gadget?

...Jim Thompson

The silence is deafening ;-)

So I'll give a hint... it's related to my recent surgery.

...Jim Thompson

I don't know what it is but, speaking of surgery;
Years ago I had a vasectomy, a few weeks after the surgery I brought
the staples into work and passed them around to the guys asking what they
thought they were. While the last guy was looking I mentioned they were the
staples from my vasectomy, he couldn't get them back to me fast enough and
everybody else had a sinking look on their face. ;-)
Mike

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 16:55:12 -0600, "amdx" wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

What is the function of the attached gadget?

...Jim Thompson

The silence is deafening ;-)

So I'll give a hint... it's related to my recent surgery.

...Jim Thompson

I don't know what it is but, speaking of surgery;
Years ago I had a vasectomy, a few weeks after the surgery I brought
the staples into work and passed them around to the guys asking what they
thought they were. While the last guy was looking I mentioned they were the
staples from my vasectomy, he couldn't get them back to me fast enough and
everybody else had a sinking look on their face. ;-)
Mike

I had that "sports conversion" in 1972 after the 4th child was born.
Surgeon grabs the left nut, pulls down hard and slices... I scream. He
smirks and says, "I can do just this side today and you can make
another appointment for the right side." I allow as how he better
finish the job now, because I'll never come back ;-)

I don't recall "staples". I remember he cut about a 1" section from
the tubing and put "clamps" on both ends... seems some grow back
together :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
What is the function of the attached gadget?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

A shoe horn to pry Opra out of Obamas butt?

Cheers

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 00:16:25 GMT, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
.. .
What is the function of the attached gadget?

...Jim Thompson

A shoe horn to pry Opra out of Obamas butt?

Cheers

Ooooooh! Sounds painful ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

What is the function of the attached gadget?

...Jim Thompson

The silence is deafening ;-)

So I'll give a hint... it's related to my recent surgery.

...Jim Thompson

Drool chute?

John

No. But funny ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

In article ,
Jim Thompson wrote:

What is the function of the attached gadget?

...Jim Thompson

Might be a slightly different approach to a sock-donning helper than the
ones I've seen. For when you can't bend down far enough to put the sock
on with your hands. Put the sock on the appliance, slip your foot in,
pull the ropes to pull up the sock.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 00:46:25 GMT, Ecnerwal
wrote:

In article ,
Jim Thompson wrote:

What is the function of the attached gadget?

...Jim Thompson

Might be a slightly different approach to a sock-donning helper than the
ones I've seen. For when you can't bend down far enough to put the sock
on with your hands. Put the sock on the appliance, slip your foot in,
pull the ropes to pull up the sock.

Finally! That's what it is. Right now I'm not allowed to raise my
knee above my waist nor cross my left leg over my right, so I slip a
sock over the plastic tube, then pull the ropes.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 00:46:25 GMT, Ecnerwal
wrote:

In article ,
Jim Thompson wrote:

What is the function of the attached gadget?

...Jim Thompson

Might be a slightly different approach to a sock-donning helper than the
ones I've seen. For when you can't bend down far enough to put the sock
on with your hands. Put the sock on the appliance, slip your foot in,
pull the ropes to pull up the sock.

Finally! That's what it is. Right now I'm not allowed to raise my
knee above my waist nor cross my left leg over my right, so I slip a
sock over the plastic tube, then pull the ropes.

I was thinking about that, too, but then I figured it to be too clumsy a
tool for that. When my back gave out I just used the fireplace tongues
for the same purpose. Of course after a thorough cleaning. Was poifect.

Then again Arizonians probably don't know what a fireplace is, let alone
fireplace tools ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

What is the function of the attached gadget?

...Jim Thompson

The silence is deafening ;-)

So I'll give a hint... it's related to my recent surgery.

Gizmo for scratching an itch under a cast?

--
Paul Hovnanian
Parity on, dudes!
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

What is the function of the attached gadget?

...Jim Thompson

The silence is deafening ;-)

So I'll give a hint... it's related to my recent surgery.

Holding "it" when nature calls?

Nah. Doesn't look big enough. And the ropes are too flimsy.

--
Paul Hovnanian
How do I set a laser printer to stun?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jim Thompson a écrit :
On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 00:46:25 GMT, Ecnerwal
wrote:

In article ,
Jim Thompson wrote:

What is the function of the attached gadget?

...Jim Thompson

Might be a slightly different approach to a sock-donning helper than the
ones I've seen. For when you can't bend down far enough to put the sock
on with your hands. Put the sock on the appliance, slip your foot in,
pull the ropes to pull up the sock.

Finally! That's what it is. Right now I'm not allowed to raise my
knee above my waist nor cross my left leg over my right, so I slip a
sock over the plastic tube, then pull the ropes.

Hemmm. Thought it could be a condom fitting helper, but the ropes were
way too long :-)

And no, I don't have one with two meters long ropes...

--
Thanks,
Fred.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Arizonians might not, but Grass Valleyans sure as hell have known about them
for the last week or so. DAMN but it's been chilly in Northern California
the last few days.

Jim

--
"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right."
--Henry Ford

Then again Arizonians probably don't know what a fireplace is, let alone
fireplace tools ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:33:40 -0800, Joerg
wrote:

[snip]

Then again Arizonians probably don't know what a fireplace is, let alone
fireplace tools ...

Sure we do. We have a fireplace in the Great Room, and a large
beehive fireplace outdoors.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jim Thompson wrote:

What is the function of the attached gadget?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

[Image]

To make $$ for it's marketer. If the question had been "What is this?" then I
would have answered "A U.S. Patent Hopeful that probably didn't make the grade."

With nothing but rug pile to hint at scale, I thought the plastic thingie might
goe under a tire that's stuck in mud or snow. But then why is it *smooth*? And
why *two* retrieving ropes?

Looks like one of the many valuable items that found new life in the All
Electronics catalog ... and remained for eons. :-)

---
Michael
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 06:10:11 -0800, "RST Engineering \(jw\)"
wrote:

Arizonians might not, but Grass Valleyans sure as hell have known about them
for the last week or so. DAMN but it's been chilly in Northern California
the last few days.

Jim

Naaah! Same problem here... it's 48°F here at 8:24AM... brrrrrr :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

In message , Jim Thompson
writes
What is the function of the attached gadget?

...Jim Thompson

It's a shoehorn, worn around the neck of an assistant in a shoe shop, so
doesn't get lost.
--
Ian
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:33:40 -0800, Joerg
wrote:

[snip]

Then again Arizonians probably don't know what a fireplace is, let alone
fireplace tools ...

Sure we do. We have a fireplace in the Great Room, and a large
beehive fireplace outdoors.

How many beehives do you go through in a typical season? ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

I know exactly what it is.
It is a sock puller! I used one after my hip replacement
Frank
"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
What is the function of the attached gadget?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

RST Engineering (jw) wrote:
Arizonians might not, but Grass Valleyans sure as hell have known about them
for the last week or so. DAMN but it's been chilly in Northern California
the last few days.

Same here. Blowing through firewood as if it was popcorn. Again. So far
for global warming.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:48:08 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 00:46:25 GMT, Ecnerwal
wrote:

In article ,
Jim Thompson wrote:

What is the function of the attached gadget?

...Jim Thompson

Might be a slightly different approach to a sock-donning helper than the
ones I've seen. For when you can't bend down far enough to put the sock
on with your hands. Put the sock on the appliance, slip your foot in,
pull the ropes to pull up the sock.

Finally! That's what it is. Right now I'm not allowed to raise my
knee above my waist nor cross my left leg over my right, so I slip a
sock over the plastic tube, then pull the ropes.

...Jim Thompson

I thought that it was a condom applicator.
--
Boris

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 00:46:25 GMT, Ecnerwal
wrote:

In article ,
Jim Thompson wrote:

What is the function of the attached gadget?

...Jim Thompson

Might be a slightly different approach to a sock-donning helper than the
ones I've seen. For when you can't bend down far enough to put the sock
on with your hands. Put the sock on the appliance, slip your foot in,
pull the ropes to pull up the sock.

Finally! That's what it is. Right now I'm not allowed to raise my
knee above my waist nor cross my left leg over my right, so I slip a
sock over the plastic tube, then pull the ropes.

...Jim Thompson

I thought that it was a condom applicator.
--
Boris

You guessed it ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Boris Mohar" wrote in message
I thought that it was a condom applicator.

Only for a big dick like Jim!

Tim

--
Deep Fryer: A very philosophical monk.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Joerg wrote:

Yep, no fun. A couple weeks ago I suggested some outdoor tests to a
client after mods to a receiver. "You've got to be kidding, it's 13F out
here!". Oops, forgot they were in Minnesota.

Heh. It was almost that cold INSIDE that military TV station in
Alaska, in the '70s. There was a steam plant on the other end of the
complex that was built to heat the old part of the base. The rest of the
base had priority on heat. Some mornings the test pattern was a very
misshapen oval, due to the low temperature and all those Germanium
transistors. OTOH, they didn't start survival training till it was
below -20F.

BTW, for the last five years I have only had a few days i didn't need
AC in December. The month is only half over, and I've had five nights
where I shut it off and only ran it a few hours in the late afternoons
to reduce the humidity.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell