Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default New WhatZit? - WhatZit-Gadget.JPG

Cleaning out desk, found attached.

WhatZit?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Attached Thumbnails
New WhatZit? - WhatZit-Gadget.JPG-whatzit-gadget-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jim Thompson a écrit :
Cleaning out desk, found attached.

WhatZit?

...Jim Thompson

Through hole current shunt?

--
Thanks,
Fred.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 19:41:04 +0200, Fred Bartoli
r_AndThisToo wrote:

Jim Thompson a écrit :
Cleaning out desk, found attached.

WhatZit?

...Jim Thompson

Through hole current shunt?

Yep. 6 milli-ohm, NiCr; from the Bosch motor control project ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

fred._canxxxel_this_bartoli@RemoveThatAlso_free. fr_AndThisToo wrote:

Jim Thompson a écrit :
Cleaning out desk, found attached.

WhatZit?

...Jim Thompson

Through hole current shunt?

Yep. 6 milli-ohm, NiCr; from the Bosch motor control project ;-)

...Jim Thompson

IRC makes them too, little omegas (appropriate, huh?) made out of
manganin, surface mount. We make our own current shunts for our NMR
amps, punched or edm cut out of sheet manganin, with tricky top-secret
shapes. Manganin is the pits to machine... gums up the tooling.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

r_AndThisToo wrote:

Jim Thompson a écrit :
Cleaning out desk, found attached.

WhatZit?

...Jim Thompson

Through hole current shunt?
Yep. 6 milli-ohm, NiCr; from the Bosch motor control project ;-)

...Jim Thompson

IRC makes them too, little omegas (appropriate, huh?) made out of
manganin, surface mount. We make our own current shunts for our NMR
amps, punched or edm cut out of sheet manganin,

with tricky top-secret shapes.

Joking or eddy?

There are a number of issues: transient thermoelectrics, eddy current
effects (especially as we need to heat sink them), external 60 Hz mag
field pickup, and a few other practical items. We make current pulses
from 3 amps max to as much as 100 amps max, and need to settle to a
few ppm in, say, 100 microseconds, and stay there for as much as 100
ms... then recover to zero to, say, 1 ppm in another 100 usec.

Vishay makes some very nice, super-accurate 4-lead power resistors in
a TO-3 can. If you apply a current step to them, the voltage
overshoots about 2000 ppm for hundreds of microseconds, mostly from
eddy-current effects.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jim Thompson wrote:

Cleaning out desk, found attached.

WhatZit?

...Jim Thompson

A fing big file, that's what...
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Chris Jones wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Cleaning out desk, found attached.

WhatZit?

...Jim Thompson

A fing big file, that's what...

It is on a binaries newsgroup. What do you expect? Every post to be
under 1K?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell