Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default New WhatzIt - WhatzIt.jpg

Joerg wrote:

Yep, no fun. A couple weeks ago I suggested some outdoor tests to a
client after mods to a receiver. "You've got to be kidding, it's 13F out
here!". Oops, forgot they were in Minnesota.

Heh. It was almost that cold INSIDE that military TV station in
Alaska, in the '70s. There was a steam plant on the other end of the
complex that was built to heat the old part of the base. The rest of the
base had priority on heat. Some mornings the test pattern was a very
misshapen oval, due to the low temperature and all those Germanium
transistors. OTOH, they didn't start survival training till it was
below -20F.

BTW, for the last five years I have only had a few days i didn't need
AC in December. The month is only half over, and I've had five nights
where I shut it off and only ran it a few hours in the late afternoons
to reduce the humidity.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell