Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Default Owned by a cat? You'll enjoy this...

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:55:44 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:07:33 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 08:27:54 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 22:57:15 -0500, Ohmster
wrote:

John Larkin wrote in
m:

This isn't a group about electronic design, it's a group for
electronic designers. And their cats.

John

Oh this is perfect. I love kitties and electronics! Here is Missy in her
window. She is very pleased to make your acquaintance as well.
http://www.ohmster.com/~ohmster/picture/missy005.jpg

My cats are cuter than your cats, punk, and don't you forget it. [1]

http://s2.supload.com/free/MVC-260X.JPG/view/

http://s2.supload.com/free/MVC-263X.JPG/view/

John

[1] Well, they were when they were little. They're sisters, from the
SPCA, named Comet and Ajax. We just did the flea-drop treatment and my
arm is almost usable again. As the man said, be wary of any critter
that's sharp on five of its six ends.

Yep, I've been clawed from head-to-toe a few times ;-)

My "little guy"....

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SED/DeskAttack.jpg

...Jim Thompson

Cats love to lie on paper. It's thermal insulation, so there's at
least an explanation for it so far. But they also prefer to lie on
just the document or newspaper section that you want to read next,
which is harder to explain.

Ajax will step over my breakfast and sit *exactly* on the newspaper
article I'm reading. That's downright anti-intellectual.

John

When I'm inattentive, Cuatro will sprawl on my desk in such a way that
all papers are pushed off onto the floor. Note the paper movement in
the sequence of photos ;-)

Somewhere around here I have a photo where he sprawls across my
keyboard.

The only place he won't sprawl is on the adding machine keys... really
shakes his tree when it starts going clackety-clackety ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 22:57:15 -0500, Ohmster
wrote:

John Larkin wrote in
:

This isn't a group about electronic design, it's a group for
electronic designers. And their cats.

John

Oh this is perfect. I love kitties and electronics! Here is Missy in her
window. She is very pleased to make your acquaintance as well.
http://www.ohmster.com/~ohmster/picture/missy005.jpg

My cats are cuter than your cats, punk, and don't you forget it. [1]

http://s2.supload.com/free/MVC-260X.JPG/view/

http://s2.supload.com/free/MVC-263X.JPG/view/

John

[1] Well, they were when they were little. They're sisters, from the
SPCA, named Comet and Ajax. We just did the flea-drop treatment and my
arm is almost usable again. As the man said, be wary of any critter
that's sharp on five of its six ends.

Yep, I've been clawed from head-to-toe a few times ;-)

My "little guy"....

---
Here are mine:

--
JF

Attached Thumbnails
Owned by a cat?  You'll enjoy this...-missy-coming-home-gif  Owned by a cat?  You'll enjoy this...-missy-stretching-gif  Owned by a cat?  You'll enjoy this...-monty-jpg  Owned by a cat?  You'll enjoy this...-sleepy-monty-jpg  Owned by a cat?  You'll enjoy this...-monty-ready-ride-jpg

Owned by a cat?  You'll enjoy this...-female-josie-coat-many-colors-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Owned by a cat? You'll enjoy this... - SpeedTest.png

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 20:57:45 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 23:01:24 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

AnimalMagic wrote:

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 07:27:03 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

[snip]

I now have 7Mbs(down)/2Mbs(up) service ;-)

...Jim Thompson

THIS is where I got the DSL claim from.

Cox has 10Mb/s service, but they have NO 2Mb/s uplink service. They
max on residential installations at 512kb/s.

Ignoramus and clearly non-Cox user.

The uplink is ATM as well.

Run the test which was posted. It is a COX hosted site.

Did you ever consider that Jim would have a BUSINESS account, for his
BUSINESS?

Premier ;-)

I just ran a test via Las Vegas... see attachment.

SUPER download, but I'm only showing 1.1Mb/s upload. Could be impeded
by my physical firewall.

...Jim Thompson

Nice , I would say that the only service that would beat that is the top verizon FIOS package , at 50mbps.
Cheers

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Oh this is perfect. I love kitties and electronics! Here is Missy in her
window. She is very pleased to make your acquaintance as well.
http://www.ohmster.com/~ohmster/picture/missy005.jpg

My cats are cuter than your cats, punk, and don't you forget it. [1]

http://s2.supload.com/free/MVC-260X.JPG/view/

http://s2.supload.com/free/MVC-263X.JPG/view/

John

[1] Well, they were when they were little. They're sisters, from the
SPCA, named Comet and Ajax. We just did the flea-drop treatment and my
arm is almost usable again. As the man said, be wary of any critter
that's sharp on five of its six ends.

Yep, I've been clawed from head-to-toe a few times ;-)

My "little guy"....

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SED/DeskAttack.jpg

...Jim Thompson

Those cat pics are great. Thanks for posting them. Maybe there is
something to cats and electronics. I love them, too.

A guy in the Picaxe forum, by accident, might have invented the
ultimate electronic cat toy. He was playing with an inexpensive
stepper motor for his students. He taped a little flag to the shaft.

The pictures show the result:

http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7827

Tom

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

AnimalMagic wrote:

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:04:11 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

The only place he won't sprawl is on the adding machine keys... really
shakes his tree when it starts going clackety-clackety ;-)

The fact that you still have one of those on your desk is more
frightening.

If you're frightened buy an antique using an antique, you better
leave, NOW. Jim was there the day they invented dirt.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Jim was there the day they invented dirt.

Ever listen to Bruce Williams (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Williams) on
the radio? Years ago I heard some caller ask him, "How old are you?," to
which he replied, "I'm older than dirt!"

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Cats love to lie on paper. It's thermal insulation, so there's at
least an explanation for it so far.

No. it's made from rag. Plant fiber. It's natural, and they know it.
That's why they like paper bags too.

They love to lie on plastic placemats, too. And they like to get into
my synthetic-fabric backpack.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Cats love to lie on paper. It's thermal insulation, so there's at
least an explanation for it so far.

No. it's made from rag. Plant fiber. It's natural, and they know it.
That's why they like paper bags too.

They love to lie on plastic placemats, too. And they like to get into
my synthetic-fabric backpack.

---
Monty likes to sleep on my pajama bottoms when I discard them at
bedtime.

--
JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

John Larkin wrote in
:

Oh this is perfect. I love kitties and electronics! Here is Missy in her
window. She is very pleased to make your acquaintance as well.
http://www.ohmster.com/~ohmster/picture/missy005.jpg

My cats are cuter than your cats, punk, and don't you forget it. [1]

http://s2.supload.com/free/MVC-260X.JPG/view/

http://s2.supload.com/free/MVC-263X.JPG/view/

John

Oh how cute!!!!!!! Very nice John, very nice.

My in house Linux server is better than yours and don't you forget it. LOL!

A dedicated Linux play server on a broadband 24/7 connecting with a FQDS
just cannot be beat for small time **** like this.

Kitty is definitely a real beauty, I want her/him, I will give you $25
paypal right now for the kitties!

--
~Ohmster | ohmster /a/t/ ohmster dot com
Put "messageforohmster" in message body
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Cats love to lie on paper. It's thermal insulation, so there's at
least an explanation for it so far.

No. it's made from rag. Plant fiber. It's natural, and they know it.
That's why they like paper bags too.

They love to lie on plastic placemats, too. And they like to get into
my synthetic-fabric backpack.

---
Monty likes to sleep on my pajama bottoms when I discard them at
bedtime.

There's an image I didn't need... ;-)

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Joel Koltner wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Jim was there the day they invented dirt.

Ever listen to Bruce Williams (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Williams) on
the radio? Years ago I heard some caller ask him, "How old are you?," to
which he replied, "I'm older than dirt!"

No, I haven't, but I'll check it out the next time WSM is streaming
some NASCAR crap. I swear, listening to a car race on the radio is
worse than listening to paint dry.

BTW, Jim Thompson has made the same "I'm older than dirt!" claim,
many times.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
BTW, Jim Thompson has made the same "I'm older than dirt!" claim,
many times.

Hmm... surely we should start a Wikipedia page for him one of these days?

Hopefully he's recovering well after his hip replacement...

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Cats love to lie on paper. It's thermal insulation, so there's at
least an explanation for it so far.

No. it's made from rag. Plant fiber. It's natural, and they know it.
That's why they like paper bags too.

They love to lie on plastic placemats, too. And they like to get into
my synthetic-fabric backpack.

---
Monty likes to sleep on my pajama bottoms when I discard them at
bedtime.

There's an image I didn't need... ;-)

---
What's wrong with a cat sleeping on PJ bottoms?

--
JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"ChairmanOfTheBored" wrote in message
Name a server that will feed you at 50Mb/s?

His neighbor's eMule server?

ALL the big servers I know that have Gigabit hooks all throttle their
feeds to like 2Mb/s each.

Big sites like Microsoft.Com have always managed to saturate my Internet
connection, which -- being out in the boonies a bit -- has never been more
than 3Mbps. But still, 3Mbps2Mbps...

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Joel Koltner wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
BTW, Jim Thompson has made the same "I'm older than dirt!" claim,
many times.

Hmm... surely we should start a Wikipedia page for him one of these days?

Or talk about him while he's gone! ;-)

Hopefully he's recovering well after his hip replacement...

Yes. My dad is having a lot of trouble with one of his hips, but he
doesn't seem to be interested in having the surgery.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Default Owned by a cat? I'm ba-a-a-a-ack

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 09:52:54 -0700, "Joel Koltner"
wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
BTW, Jim Thompson has made the same "I'm older than dirt!" claim,
many times.

Hmm... surely we should start a Wikipedia page for him one of these days?

Hopefully he's recovering well after his hip replacement...

Just got home. Not quite the picnic portrayed, but I can walk...
still in pain :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
BTW, Jim Thompson has made the same "I'm older than dirt!" claim,
many times.

Hmm... surely we should start a Wikipedia page for him one of these days?

Hopefully he's recovering well after his hip replacement...

Just got home. Not quite the picnic portrayed, but I can walk...
still in pain :-(

Life is like a box of chocolates; others pick the nice ones :-)

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:

Just got home. Not quite the picnic portrayed, but I can walk...
still in pain :-(

Jim! It takes time to heal, when you're older than dirt!!! ;-)

Glad it went well for you.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
BTW, Jim Thompson has made the same "I'm older than dirt!" claim,
many times.

Hmm... surely we should start a Wikipedia page for him one of these days?

Hopefully he's recovering well after his hip replacement...

Just got home. Not quite the picnic portrayed, but I can walk...
still in pain :-(

Welcome back. Can't believe you picked a hospital without news server
access :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

In article ,
Jim Thompson wrote:

Just got home. Not quite the picnic portrayed, but I can walk...
still in pain :-(

...Jim Thompson

Keep it moving anyway - it will work better in the long run if you keep
up with any physical therapy - range of motion stuff early and often.

.....And glad to have you back.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
BTW, Jim Thompson has made the same "I'm older than dirt!" claim,
many times.

Hmm... surely we should start a Wikipedia page for him one of these days?

Hopefully he's recovering well after his hip replacement...

Just got home. Not quite the picnic portrayed, but I can walk...
still in pain :-(

---
They always say it'll be a "little sore" for a while, LOL.

I had a double hernia repaired a few years ago and that's what they
told me. Good thing I believed them, otherwise it would have hurt a
lot more than I thought it did.

Anyway, heal.

--
JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

BTW, Jim Thompson has made the same "I'm older than dirt!" claim,
many times.

Hmm... surely we should start a Wikipedia page for him one of these days?

Hopefully he's recovering well after his hip replacement...

Just got home. Not quite the picnic portrayed, but I can walk...
still in pain :-(

...Jim Thompson

Glad you're back! Hope the pain reduces quickly.

Ed
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
BTW, Jim Thompson has made the same "I'm older than dirt!" claim,
many times.
Hmm... surely we should start a Wikipedia page for him one of these days?

Hopefully he's recovering well after his hip replacement...

Just got home. Not quite the picnic portrayed, but I can walk...
still in pain :-(

Welcome back. Can't believe you picked a hospital without news server
access :-)

St. Luke's is observing their 100th anniversary... perhaps the very
first hospital in Phoenix.

I found out why all the major orthopedic surgery is done there. Built
in an era where St. Luke's would be servicing high-end movie stars it
has multiple indoor swimming pools, which are now used as therapy
pools.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 08:24:50 -0800, Fred Abse
wrote:

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 14:55:25 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Just got home. Not quite the picnic portrayed, but I can walk... still in
pain :-(

You know what they say, Jim: "No pain, no gain"

Funny how you only ever hear that from those *inflicting* pain, never
those suffering.

Glad to see you back. Keep up on the exercise and whatever else they tell
you to do. I don't doubt you've got the guts and stamina.

Thanks, Fred! The improvement is by the hour.... my range of motion
is a little further, a little easier.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
BTW, Jim Thompson has made the same "I'm older than dirt!" claim,
many times.

Hmm... surely we should start a Wikipedia page for him one of these days?

Hopefully he's recovering well after his hip replacement...

Just got home. Not quite the picnic portrayed, but I can walk...
still in pain :-(

...Jim Thompson

I've got a friend that's going in for one just after Thanksgiving. Anything
you can tell her about it, good or bad?

Robert H.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 22:01:40 -0800, "Robert"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
BTW, Jim Thompson has made the same "I'm older than dirt!" claim,
many times.

Hmm... surely we should start a Wikipedia page for him one of these days?

Hopefully he's recovering well after his hip replacement...

Just got home. Not quite the picnic portrayed, but I can walk...
still in pain :-(

...Jim Thompson

I've got a friend that's going in for one just after Thanksgiving. Anything
you can tell her about it, good or bad?

Robert H.

Practice getting in and out of bed NOT using the "surgery leg", using
arms to make up for it. Sooner you get the grasp of that, the less
motional pain you'll have.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
| Phoenix, Arizona Voice480)460-2350 | |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 22:01:40 -0800, "Robert"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
BTW, Jim Thompson has made the same "I'm older than dirt!" claim,
many times.

Hmm... surely we should start a Wikipedia page for him one of these
days?

Hopefully he's recovering well after his hip replacement...

Just got home. Not quite the picnic portrayed, but I can walk...
still in pain :-(

...Jim Thompson

I've got a friend that's going in for one just after Thanksgiving.
Anything
you can tell her about it, good or bad?

Robert H.

Practice getting in and out of bed NOT using the "surgery leg", using
arms to make up for it. Sooner you get the grasp of that, the less
motional pain you'll have.

...Jim Thompson

Thanks. I'll let her know.

Robert H.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 08:26:43 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 22:01:40 -0800, "Robert"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
BTW, Jim Thompson has made the same "I'm older than dirt!" claim,
many times.

Hmm... surely we should start a Wikipedia page for him one of these days?

Hopefully he's recovering well after his hip replacement...

Just got home. Not quite the picnic portrayed, but I can walk...
still in pain :-(

...Jim Thompson

I've got a friend that's going in for one just after Thanksgiving. Anything
you can tell her about it, good or bad?

Robert H.

Practice getting in and out of bed NOT using the "surgery leg", using
arms to make up for it. Sooner you get the grasp of that, the less
motional pain you'll have.

Also, ANY seating to be used after the surgery should have arms
suitable for "pushing-off" from... upright using arms ONLY.

Kitchen stools become "pain in 15 seconds" :-(

...Jim Thompson