Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Cheesey stuff - Crave.jpg

We've been experimenting with this. It's sort of between creme frais
and American cream cheese in texture, and tastes just a bit cheesier
than either. It's delicious on wheat thins or that crispy flatbread
stuff that's so trendy lately. Other ideas that seem to work:

A healthy dollop on a bowl of hot polenta

Sweetened, with raspberries or blueberries

Stirred into hot pasta, with grated parmesan.

John

Attached Thumbnails
Cheesey stuff - Crave.jpg-crave-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"John Larkin" wrote in message
We've been experimenting with this. It's sort of between creme frais
and American cream cheese in texture, and tastes just a bit cheesier
than either. It's delicious on wheat thins or that crispy flatbread
stuff that's so trendy lately. Other ideas that seem to work:

A healthy dollop on a bowl of hot polenta

Sweetened, with raspberries or blueberries

Stirred into hot pasta, with grated parmesan.

John

What first enticed you to buy this product?

Sounds like an overpriced cream cheese.
I'd probably try a sample but that would be
the extent of it.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 22:15:32 -0500, "Lord Garth"
wrote:

"John Larkin" wrote in message
.. .
We've been experimenting with this. It's sort of between creme frais
and American cream cheese in texture, and tastes just a bit cheesier
than either. It's delicious on wheat thins or that crispy flatbread
stuff that's so trendy lately. Other ideas that seem to work:

A healthy dollop on a bowl of hot polenta

Sweetened, with raspberries or blueberries

Stirred into hot pasta, with grated parmesan.

John

What first enticed you to buy this product?

I read a review somewhere, then saw it in the little market in the
village.

Sounds like an overpriced cream cheese.

It's a bit different, smoother and not so fatty, and with flavor. Why
not enjoy life?

I'd probably try a sample but that would be
the extent of it.

Then you may as well not try. Avoid the pistachio brittle, too.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"John Larkin" wrote in message
We've been experimenting with this. It's sort of between creme frais
and American cream cheese in texture, and tastes just a bit cheesier
than either. It's delicious on wheat thins or that crispy flatbread
stuff that's so trendy lately. Other ideas that seem to work:

A healthy dollop on a bowl of hot polenta

Sweetened, with raspberries or blueberries

Stirred into hot pasta, with grated parmesan.

John

We use Mascarpone to make Tiramisu

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 10/07/2007 John Larkin wrote:

We've been experimenting with this. It's sort of between creme frais
and American cream cheese in texture, and tastes just a bit cheesier
than either. It's delicious on wheat thins or that crispy flatbread
stuff that's so trendy lately. Other ideas that seem to work:

A healthy dollop on a bowl of hot polenta

Sweetened, with raspberries or blueberries

Stirred into hot pasta, with grated parmesan.

John

Sorry, but if you want real cheese the only place to go is he

http://www.islandcheese.co.uk/ind_main.htm

Their Garlic Crowdie is something to die for. Actually with its very
high fat content that's probably what will happen to me.

--
John B

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 20:05:28 -0700, the renowned John Larkin
wrote:

We've been experimenting with this. It's sort of between creme frais
and American cream cheese in texture, and tastes just a bit cheesier
than either. It's delicious on wheat thins or that crispy flatbread
stuff that's so trendy lately. Other ideas that seem to work:

A healthy dollop on a bowl of hot polenta

Sweetened, with raspberries or blueberries

Stirred into hot pasta, with grated parmesan.

John

You *need* Mascarpone to make Tiramisu. Ever had real Italian cannoli?

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/re...ws/views/11512

It's something like cheese made from whipping cream ("triple cream",
whatever that means), extreme BF content, so really good and really
evil. There's no reason excellent Mascarpone could not be made in
Wisconsin, IME the Brie from Quebec is as good or better than the
typical French stuff.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 10 Jul 2007 11:38:01 GMT, "John B"
wrote:

On 10/07/2007 John Larkin wrote:

We've been experimenting with this. It's sort of between creme frais
and American cream cheese in texture, and tastes just a bit cheesier
than either. It's delicious on wheat thins or that crispy flatbread
stuff that's so trendy lately. Other ideas that seem to work:

A healthy dollop on a bowl of hot polenta

Sweetened, with raspberries or blueberries

Stirred into hot pasta, with grated parmesan.

John

Sorry, but if you want real cheese the only place to go is he

http://www.islandcheese.co.uk/ind_main.htm

Their Garlic Crowdie is something to die for. Actually with its very
high fat content that's probably what will happen to me.

The garlic content may give you a few more months to enjoy life.

The US, after a hundred years of Velveeta and nasty fake Swiss cheese,
is finally starting to make serious stuff, partly driven by huge milk
surpluses. Wisconsin, California, Oregon, and Vermont are doing good
cheeses.

The "Mt Tam" is awfully good, sort of an original design:

http://www.cowgirlcreamery.com/cheeses.asp

The Red Hawk is too stinky, worse than an old Camambert.

We've seen some good Irish cheddars around here lately, too.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Wisconsin? Well of course! ;-)

Tim

--
Deep Fryer: A very philosophical monk.

"John Larkin" wrote in message
We've been experimenting with this. It's sort of between creme frais
and American cream cheese in texture, and tastes just a bit cheesier
than either. It's delicious on wheat thins or that crispy flatbread
stuff that's so trendy lately. Other ideas that seem to work:

A healthy dollop on a bowl of hot polenta

Sweetened, with raspberries or blueberries

Stirred into hot pasta, with grated parmesan.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Tim Williams wrote:

Wisconsin? Well of course! ;-)

What a cheesey reply!

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 20:05:28 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

We've been experimenting with this. It's sort of between creme frais
and American cream cheese in texture, and tastes just a bit cheesier
than either. It's delicious on wheat thins or that crispy flatbread
stuff that's so trendy lately. Other ideas that seem to work:

A healthy dollop on a bowl of hot polenta

Sweetened, with raspberries or blueberries

Stirred into hot pasta, with grated parmesan.

John

over here in UK (you must be able to get it there as well I guess) you
can get mascarpone ice-cream - mmmmmmmmm yummy!
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Tim Williams wrote:
Wisconsin? Well of course! ;-)

What a cheesey reply!

Tim's a cheese-head,what do you expect? :-p
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

PhattyMo wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Tim Williams wrote:
Wisconsin? Well of course! ;-)

What a cheesey reply!

Tim's a cheese-head,what do you expect? :-p

He better be careful, or someone will 'cream' him with some
Limburger! ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Thirty miles west lies Monroe, WI, the only place in the continent were
Limburger is still produced and sold. You can go to Baumgartner's
restaraunt on the square and get a slice of limburger and onion with mustard
on toast (rye I believe).

If you're not up for that (as cheezy as I am, I'm afraid I have to
decline!), you can get a reuben or such. On your way out, grab some
cheese -- we have a whole wedge of Edelweiss swiss that's to die for.
Bought the last of their Edam, a great eating cheese.

Definetly a stop if you're going through Wisconsin and want to check out
some cheese.

Tim

--

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
PhattyMo wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Tim Williams wrote:
Wisconsin? Well of course! ;-)

What a cheesey reply!

Tim's a cheese-head,what do you expect? :-p

He better be careful, or someone will 'cream' him with some
Limburger! ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Tim Williams wrote:

Thirty miles west lies Monroe, WI, the only place in the continent were
Limburger is still produced and sold. You can go to Baumgartner's
restaraunt on the square and get a slice of limburger and onion with mustard
on toast (rye I believe).

If you're not up for that (as cheezy as I am, I'm afraid I have to
decline!), you can get a reuben or such. On your way out, grab some
cheese -- we have a whole wedge of Edelweiss swiss that's to die for.
Bought the last of their Edam, a great eating cheese.

Definetly a stop if you're going through Wisconsin and want to check out
some cheese.

Being 100% disabled makes traveling quite difficult.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Tim Williams" wrote in message
Thirty miles west lies Monroe, WI, the only place in the continent were
Limburger is still produced and sold.

Rally! I'm amazed... we used to go threre when I was a kid, as my grandmother
was quite fond of limburger cheese and would take it back with her (in a
well-sealed cooler :-) ) to Florida. The place we got it from was an old
farm house, and they still had plenty of dogs and cats running around the
place -- we adopted one of the cats and had him for something like fifteen
years before he died.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Being 100% disabled makes traveling quite difficult.

One of these days we'll come take and take you on a road trip, Michael. :-)
You can still walk shorter distances, right? Where'd you like to go?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Joel Kolstad wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Being 100% disabled makes traveling quite difficult.

One of these days we'll come take and take you on a road trip, Michael. :-)
You can still walk shorter distances, right? Where'd you like to go?

Yes, I can walk enough to do the grocery shopping and such.

The Grand Ole Opry in Nashville is the one thing I've always wanted
to see. I've listen to it from the time I built my first kit. It was
the official Boy Scout AM Radio kit, and I built it when I was in
elementary school. It had a set of headphones so I could listen to it
at night, after my parents went to bed without them knowing.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

[...]

Good old Tillamook cheese is yummy... too bad the town smells like cows
behinds! *Pffeww!* *Gag!*

The "Mt Tam" is awfully good, sort of an original design:

http://www.cowgirlcreamery.com/cheeses.asp

The Red Hawk is too stinky, worse than an old Camambert.

We've seen some good Irish cheddars around here lately, too.

John

dbx/ hx pro stuff [email protected] Electronics Repair 6 June 16th 07 04:31 PM
Where do you put all this stuff? Neillarson Woodturning 15 May 16th 07 09:39 PM
FS in Alachua/Gainesville FL: huge volume shop stuff, tools supplieshardwares, other "guy stuff", 1, some, or all - PICKUP preferred dave Woodworking 0 January 30th 07 04:31 PM
FS - Stuff in MA Al A. Metalworking 0 May 21st 06 11:50 PM
stuff William Hayes Metalworking 0 March 3rd 05 02:43 AM