Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Al A.

Default FS - Stuff in MA

Hi all,
Clearing space and need to get rid of some random "stuff".
Located in NE Massachusetts, Dracut, to be (sort of) exact. Not trying
to get rich here, just trying to clear space, and return a few bucks for
new "stuff". I'm willing to ship the smaller stuff (buyer pays shipping
cost), but local pickup would be preferred. Offering here before I hit
ebay or craigs list or whatever. I would rather see these go to someone
here, as I know that all of these treasures will then have good, loving
homes...

Air Tank - This was a 3 HP craftsman compressor. When I got it the motor
was gone and the compressor head appeared to have been messed with
(tell-tale GasketGoo on the head/block interface) so I have no idea if
it works, but would assume not. It turns easily by hand and makes the
requisite compressor sound, but that is as far as I ever got. I used
this as a reserve tank for my very, very old compressor. Got a new one
now and don't need this. All I can promise is that it holds air. About
18"dia., 30" long, with wheels, handle, pressure switch, gauge and
(likely) dead compressor head. 25 bucks or make me an offer
Photo he
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...f/IMG_1389.jpg

Pyrometer - This is an old GE panel mount unit. Pretty large (about
11"x6"x10" deep) that is set up for chromel-alumel (type K)
theromcouples. Nice big easy to read scale, so you won't need your
reading glasses to see the temp of that pot of molten aluminum. This was
used on a HUGE heat treat furnace, long ago. Temp scale is 0-2400F and
it works. No idea how well calibrated it is, but when I heat the t/c it
indicates. Check out the photo, the glowing orange ball in the upper
left is the t/c being heated by a torch flame. note the ~1750F temp
indicated on the scale. the t/c wire on it is very thin gauge wire,
short and the insulation is pretty deteriorated, so you would likely
need to get another thermocouple.
20 bucks or make me an offer.
Photo he
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...f/IMG_1505.jpg

Some large oldie-but-goodie A-B contactors.
There a
Three - 3 phase,Form 2 Size 2,110V 60 cy coil Series 709C0D46A
Two - Size 00, 110V, 60 cy coil, Series 7020D93A
One - size 0, 12.5A, 2-3 phase,110V, 1-1/2 HP,series 709A0DA
One - Size 1, 25A, 110V 60 cy coil,Series 702B0D93A
These are all functional, if a bit dirty. These are quite heavy, might
be costly to ship. 30 bucks for the whole pile, or make me an offer.
Photo of the big ones he
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...f/IMG_1507.jpg

The smaller ones are similar style, but, well, smaller.

Bucket-O-PVC pipe fittings - Misc. leftovers from various projects.
2", 3", 4" and who knows what else. A bit of everything. Have a length
or two of 4" perforated drain pipe you can have too, if you want it.
Give me a couple of bucks so I can buy a sandwhich, and take them away.
Photo he
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...f/IMG_1390.jpg

Table feed parts from a Southbend vertical mill. These are most (not
quite all) of the table end parts from a SB mill. The rest of the table
feed was missing from my mill, so i don't need these. I can supply a
copy of the assembly drawing from the SB amnual if you are interested.
Again, 25 bucks or make me an offer.
Photo he
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../Millparts.jpg

Email me directly if you are interested in any of these things. First
come, first served.

There will be more in the near future. Keep you all posted...
Thanks,
AL A.