killing pigeons

Old July 25th 09, 03:24 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default killing pigeons

I need to kill some pigeons. Any ideas. I could care less if it's illegal.

I have tried ant poison, and decon rat/mouse killer as well as automotive
anti freeze.

Thanks,

cm

Old July 25th 09, 03:33 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"cm" wrote in
:

I need to kill some pigeons. Any ideas. I could care less if it's
illegal.

I have tried ant poison, and decon rat/mouse killer as well as
automotive anti freeze.

Thanks,

cm

They are stupid and you can get them to commit suicide very easily. Get
some pigeon food. Go out on the ledge where they roost. Show it to them.
Step off the ledge and they will follow you.

Old July 25th 09, 05:15 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"z" wrote in message
On Jul 24, 10:24 pm, "cm" wrote:
I need to kill some pigeons. Any ideas. I could care less if it's illegal.

I have tried ant poison, and decon rat/mouse killer as well as automotive
anti freeze.

Thanks,

cm

hungry kitty.

20 gauge Shot gun....

Old July 25th 09, 06:27 AM posted to alt.home.repair

I need to kill some pigeons. Any ideas. I could care less if it's
illegal.

http://www.airgundepot.com/crosman-quest-1000x.html

Nice and quiet

Old July 25th 09, 12:06 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 24, 9:24*pm, "cm" wrote:
I need to kill some pigeons. Any ideas. I could care less if it's illegal..

I have tried ant poison, and decon rat/mouse killer as well as automotive
anti freeze.

Thanks,

cm

Best is while they are asleep and cant fly in the dark, soak house
with gasolene and light it up.
Old July 25th 09, 12:47 PM posted to alt.home.repair

cm wrote:
I need to kill some pigeons. Any ideas. I could care less if it's illegal.

I have tried ant poison, and decon rat/mouse killer as well as automotive
anti freeze.

Thanks,

cm

Give them Alka-Seltzer. They explode.
Old July 25th 09, 01:40 PM posted to alt.home.repair

cm wrote:
I need to kill some pigeons. Any ideas. I could care less if it's
illegal.
I have tried ant poison, and decon rat/mouse killer as well as
automotive anti freeze.

Thanks,

It's futile. As some great warrior once said: "The penis is mightier than
the sword," by which he meant that your enemy can breed faster than you can
kill them.

That said, there is a certain satisfaction by stacking up the bodies. To be
effective, you must consider their milieu. For example, one NY taxi driver
worked out a system whereby he would slow down as he approached a pigeon,
then stomp on the accelerator. The pigeon thought the taxi was going to give
him the right-of-way and was lulled into a sense of complacency. As a
result, the taxi got too close for the pigeon to respond to the taxi's
surge. The cab driver giggled like a little girl, removed the pigeon from
the grillwork, and added another silhouette to the front fender.

Obviously the taxi-driver's technique won't work on 34th-story window ledge.

There are several techniques he
http://www.getridofthings.com/get-rid-of-pigeons.htm

But the list is not exhaustive. It does not include, for example, pet hawks
or even paper-mache owls.

My favorite is a bolt-action .22 rifle with sub-sonic bullets; it's nearly
silent.

Old July 25th 09, 03:20 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 25, 7:40*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
cm wrote:
[...]

When I was young we were shooing pigeons in my friends barn, after a
big rain his dad nearly shot us, it had a metal roof.

Killing off a stump Tim Decker UK diy 16 August 14th 08 05:47 PM
Pigeons Andrew Gabriel UK diy 122 July 25th 08 01:20 AM
OT- More Slimebags That Need Killing Gunner Metalworking 5 August 24th 05 02:44 PM
OT ? Effectiveness of a pellet gun for pest control - squirrels and pigeons. Stephen Metalworking 34 August 23rd 04 05:45 PM
Aaargh Killing black growth in toilet w/o killing 22 pound cat 1_Patriotic_Gal Home Repair 16 May 22nd 04 02:31 PM