Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom G Tom G is offline

Default killing pigeons

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 19:24:39 -0700, "cm" wrote:

I need to kill some pigeons. Any ideas. I could care less if it's illegal.

I have tried ant poison, and decon rat/mouse killer as well as automotive
anti freeze.

Thanks,

cm

What is the need to kill them? Do you have a good recipe?

When I was a kid, my father used to shoot pigeons and was just as likely to
add them to the menu as he was the pheasants, rabbits, etc. My wife
wouldn't have anything to do with cooking them as she grew up on a farm and
thought of them as vermin. One day I was out by the landlords barn and shot
a pigeon. I got the bright idea of cleaning it and taking it in and telling
her that I had just managed to shoot a quail. Well, OK, she'd cook that
for me but wasn't going to eat it, herself. I tell you that was the
nastiest tasting, toughest old bird I'd ever ate. It was some years before
I told her of the joke I played on her...errr, myself.

Tom G.