Default Gloat - I think

Just returned from an auction with a Delta/Rockwell 33-990 RAS in really
good shape (no rust, etc). Paid $50.00. The rear table and fence need to
be replaced, and the lower parts of the blade guard are missing, But for
$50.00 I couldn't pass it up. I plugged it in, turned it on, and the motor
made a nice purring sound as it spun the POS blade that's mounted on it.
The only bad parts are... now I have to learn about radial arm saws and it
just about uses up all the available shop space.

Mike

Bob

You're not in the Atlanta area by chance are you?

I saw one just like it today and came very close to dragging it home with
me.

Sounds like you did good with a little restoration ahead,

"X" wrote in message
k.net...
Just returned from an auction with a Delta/Rockwell 33-990 RAS in really
good shape (no rust, etc). Paid $50.00. The rear table and fence need to
be replaced, and the lower parts of the blade guard are missing, But for
$50.00 I couldn't pass it up. I plugged it in, turned it on, and the

motor
made a nice purring sound as it spun the POS blade that's mounted on it.
The only bad parts are... now I have to learn about radial arm saws and it
just about uses up all the available shop space.

Mike

Christopher Pine

you know a gloat is not really a gloat without pictures??

--
Chris Pine

Ever look at your watch then look away again and you don't know what time it
is?!

"X" wrote in message
k.net...
Just returned from an auction with a Delta/Rockwell 33-990 RAS in really
good shape (no rust, etc). Paid $50.00. The rear table and fence need to
be replaced, and the lower parts of the blade guard are missing, But for
$50.00 I couldn't pass it up. I plugged it in, turned it on, and the
motor made a nice purring sound as it spun the POS blade that's mounted on
it. The only bad parts are... now I have to learn about radial arm saws
and it just about uses up all the available shop space.

Mike

Thomas Bunetta

Small world, my sister and her husband live there!
Tom

"X" wrote in message
nk.net...
No. not Atlanta..Belleview, Florida
"Bob" wrote in message

snipped

MikeG

"X" wrote in message
nk.net...
OK, If I can find my camera, I'll put some pic's up on ABPW later.

Mike
"Christopher Pine" wrote in message
you know a gloat is not really a gloat without pictures??

--
Chris Pine

OK, posted some pics in ABPW ($50 RAS)

Mike