williamhenry

Default gloat gloat double gloat

acquired at auction today
a complete Hoffman lineboring setup

everything was crated and all i could identify was a small hydraulic power
unit , bid based on that

got near 50000 for 1900 , dam now I got go in the portable lineboring
business

might try to sell it to the boss, we do a fair amount of it at work , but
jeez this stuff is the bees knees compared to what we are using

williamhenry

dam dam, called the manufacturer to find out about some accessories they
make for this boring rig, and surprise surprise , they were never paid for
it at all , as this was not a bankruptcy auction , they still have quite an
ownership issue with it, guess the lawyers get involved now ,

they did offer to refund my money for a repo fee , if I box it for return
transit

good news is the boss likes it and may try to work out a purchase ,

buyer beware , dammit

williamhenry

I am only out about 2200 with the buyers premium and all , and Hoffman
agreed to reimburse me if I can crate it up for return shipment, not too bad
of a deal

but I think my boss is going to try to buy the set-up outright for a reduced
price,

really is a nice set up , makes York and climax look like toys

williamhenry

its still mine till its settled , isn't possession still 9/10s

or did they change that while I wasn't paying attention?

Koz

of course they could try and make your life hell for "trafficing in
stolen goods". Not that you did but they probably have lawyers on
retainer just to ruin your day.

I guess it depends on their contract with the customer. Ours says we
retain ownership until paid, secured against the goods or monies
collected in the sale of those goods. If their contracts didn't, the
only thing in dispute is the money the original owner owes them...you're
out of the loop.

Make em prove that they retain ownership before you return it. Just
because they haven't been paid doesn't mean they still own it. (reams of
this kind of stuff under UCC rules...google it)

Koz