sandiyan

Default Unable to open double fronted door

One side of our double fronted (double glazed last year) door is
unable to open as one of the latch that holds the door to frame is not
releasing properly.

We had this problem few times now and the double glaze engineer had to
come and fix it for us - The fix seems (?) to have been carried out by
adjusting the hinges...

1. Where can I buy the tools somewhere to adjust the hinges to fix the
problem...?

2. What normally cause this problem...? As its the third time, should
double company looking into fixing the underlying problem...? e.g.
replace doors ??!

Thanks,
Sandiyan.
Michael Mcneil

"sandiyan" wrote in message
om

One side of our double fronted (double glazed last year) door is
unable to open as one of the latch that holds the door to frame is not
releasing properly.

I presume you mean the bolts that hold the secondary opener?

This has probably happened because the frame has moved or because the
glazing was put in incorrectly. Send them a letter telling them that
this is what you suspect and that you want the product repaired properly
or replaced. There is more information about this sort of prblem on
here.

Alternatively, the problem may be with a slight movement in the frame.
If you can get the door open you might be able to adjust the bolt. They
sometimes unscrew their fittings too. They are attached from below and
above (at the bottom and top respectively.)

sandiyan

I presume you mean the bolts that hold the secondary opener?

This has probably happened because the frame has moved or because the
glazing was put in incorrectly. Send them a letter telling them that
this is what you suspect and that you want the product repaired properly
or replaced. There is more information about this sort of prblem on
here.

Alternatively, the problem may be with a slight movement in the frame.
If you can get the door open you might be able to adjust the bolt. They
sometimes unscrew their fittings too. They are attached from below and
above (at the bottom and top respectively.)

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, its the lacth(bolt) for the secondary
door that is causing issues. As said in the thread, I should write a
letter to complain.
In the meantime, I was wondering whether I could buy the necessary
keys (from B&Q ???) to adjust the hinges to the door open...

Thanks for all your help.
Sandiyan.