Robatoy

Default Harley Davidson rocking horse plans.

I attended a bike show in Toronto a few years ago and was impressed with
a rocking horse made in the form of an Harley.
It was really cool.
I think it may become my first non profit project in 25 years.
(Actually, there were a few, although they weren't supposed to be
non-profit..... you know the kind...)

A project just for fun. A therapy piece. Mixed medium. Some metal, some
leather, mostly wood though.

I Googled me arse off and found nothing I liked. Most lacked excitement.

I guess the trick will be to retain some 'toyness' without going to an
'accurate scale-model look' which I don't want either.

I will have to keep the 'kid-proof' aspect in mind as it will be mounted
and abused by future bikers who won't be afraid to put that beast
through its paces after a few Mountain Dews. I mean, we don't some kid's
face mangled in a springer front end.... or worse...hurt himself on a
suicide shifter.

I am hoping to buy some plans which will get the project started, a good
core which can be built upon.

So, if any of you fine gentlemen or ladies can help me out by nudging me
towards something you have seen along those lines, I would be very
grateful. I have had this on my mind since I saw that one at the show.

I'm thinking laminating/bending wood for the frame, leather seat and
saddle bags etc.

Thanks in advance.

0¿0
˜

Rob
Patriarch

Robatoy wrote in news:design-73D1B1.22574609032005
@nr-tor01.bellnexxia.net:

I attended a bike show in Toronto a few years ago and was impressed with
a rocking horse made in the form of an Harley.
It was really cool.

snip

Sounds like "American Chopper" meets "Wood Works"!

Take pictures along the way.

Patriarch

Mark & Juanita

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 22:57:47 -0500, Robatoy wrote:

I attended a bike show in Toronto a few years ago and was impressed with
a rocking horse made in the form of an Harley.
It was really cool.
I think it may become my first non profit project in 25 years.
(Actually, there were a few, although they weren't supposed to be
non-profit..... you know the kind...)

A project just for fun. A therapy piece. Mixed medium. Some metal, some
leather, mostly wood though.

I Googled me arse off and found nothing I liked. Most lacked excitement.

I guess the trick will be to retain some 'toyness' without going to an
'accurate scale-model look' which I don't want either.

Don't know if you've already seen it or not, but Woodworker's Supply has
had a Harley rocking bike plan for a number of years

The absence of accidents does not mean the presence of safety
Army General Richard Cody
Posted to rec.woodworking

Steve R wrote in
roups.com:

I realize this is an old link, but if anyone can help me find he
original Harley motorcycle plan I would appreciate it. I found a web
site, but cant get a email answered or phone answered.

Thanks
Steve

I've had quite a bit of luck with archive.org. Go to archive.org, enter
your desired URL in the box and hit enter. Sometimes there will be
multiple versions (and dates) of the page, choose one close to the time of
the post, 2005.

Puckdropper

--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Seems there are lots of hits, when Googling "Harley Rocking Horse Plans".

https://www.google.com/search?source...j0l3.16041j0j7

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in
eb.com:

Steve R wrote in
roups.com:

I realize this is an old link, but if anyone can help me find he
original Harley motorcycle plan I would appreciate it. I found a web
site, but cant get a email answered or phone answered.

Thanks
Steve

I've had quite a bit of luck with archive.org. Go to archive.org,
enter your desired URL in the box and hit enter. Sometimes there will
be multiple versions (and dates) of the page, choose one close to the
time of the post, 2005.

Given the original post was from JOAT, there's a good chance
the plans never existed. He spent much more time saying
"go Google for it" than he did providing useful information.

John

Rocking horse plan Camoman Woodworking 3 February 10th 05 01:06 PM
Plans for a rocking horse? Bob Schmall Woodworking 5 August 20th 04 07:45 AM
Rocking horse plans Richard Woodworking 3 May 21st 04 02:22 AM
REQ: Plans for Collectable (antique) Rocking Horse [email protected] Woodworking 5 May 4th 04 11:44 PM
Plans Tom Watson Woodworking 4 August 23rd 03 03:57 AM