In article 5uxPd.19983$uc.13458@trnddc08,
Robert Allison wrote:
Florida Stairman wrote:

Stair stuff to talk about? Write back!

It is not polite to stair.

That doesn't get a riser out of me!

They have their ups and downs.

B.

What do you charge to swap out cheap pine treads and risers with Oak?
I am thinking half of straight run stais inclosed and half with spindles.

"Florida Stairman" wrote:
Stair stuff to talk about? Write back!

Jim Warman

You guys are treading on my lines...

Robert Allison wrote:
Florida Stairman wrote:

Stair stuff to talk about? Write back!

It is not polite to stair.

That doesn't get a riser out of me!

They have their ups and downs.

B.

florida stairman

Come on wise guyz,
You're witty for sure,
But how do you determine the code 'walkline' on a curve stair tread run
layout?
How do you determine the angle of your stair given the rise & run?
How do you do goosenecks in a tight curve?
How do you build curve stairs without building curved walls to wrap to?

Signed,
Not a Michaelangelo but gittin after it

florida stairman

As much as i can
Whatever the market will bear!
Peg it!
Don't give your services away!
Really...figure about as much as i can reasonably charge per day x
number of days guesstimated.
300.00 x no of days plus fudge

Larry Jaques

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 21:33:20 -0500, the inscrutable "Buddy Matlosz"
spake:

Robert Allison wrote:
Florida Stairman wrote:

Stair stuff to talk about? Write back!

It is not polite to stair.

That doesn't get a riser out of me!

They have their ups and downs.

What're y'all railing about?

--
Vidi, Vici, Veni
---

Edwin Pawlowski

"florida stairman" wrote in message
ups.com...
Come on wise guyz,
You're witty for sure,
But how do you determine the code 'walkline' on a curve stair tread run
layout?
How do you determine the angle of your stair given the rise & run?
How do you do goosenecks in a tight curve?
How do you build curve stairs without building curved walls to wrap to?

Signed,
Not a Michaelangelo but gittin after it

While it is good that you have that knowledge and skills, very few of us
here actually care about the answers to those questions.

Most of us have expertise in our professions, they just happen to be other
than stair building. While your questions sound impressive, and the answers
even more so, right now my main goal is to defrost a chicken in time for
dinner and to layout the size of some drawers I want to build for under my
workbench. Do you think 24" is too deep? Do you think 1 1/2 hours is long
enough on the rotisserie for the chicken? Do you think the drawer lock
router bits would be a good idea for plywood drawers? How about Yukon gold
potatoes, sliced, baked, topped with some cheese and chives?

I have 19" total height leaving 17 1/2" for drawers and spaces. I'm
thinking 2 drawers at about 6" and two at about 2". They will be 24" wide.
I don' tknow if a salad or veggie would be better for dinner. The salad
stuff is fresh, the veggies frozen, so probably the salad.

Lots to do today.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Tom Watson

On 13 Feb 2005 07:40:20 -0800, "florida stairman"
wrote:

Come on wise guyz,
You're witty for sure,
But how do you determine the code 'walkline' on a curve stair tread run
layout?
How do you determine the angle of your stair given the rise & run?
How do you do goosenecks in a tight curve?
How do you build curve stairs without building curved walls to wrap to?

Signed,
Not a Michaelangelo but gittin after it

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/page21.htm

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/page22.htm

http://www.plamann.com/sys-tmpl/door/

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)
Swingman

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
It is not polite to stair.

That doesn't get a riser out of me!

They have their ups and downs.

What're y'all railing about?

You guys are plumb losing your caps and nosing in the wrong business ...
this is certainly nothing to post or run on about, so be careful you don't
trip over your aprons.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

Buddy Matlosz

right now my main goal is to defrost a chicken in time for
dinner.....

Is it an Oven Stuffer? Those are my favorite. How do you prepare it? I coat
the outside lightly with olive oil and season with garlic powder, paprika,
and dill weed. (I accidentally used dill weed once when I thought I had
grabbed something else, but it tasted great and I've been using it ever
since). I also shove a whole quartered onion into the body cavity, followed
by a splash of wine. Don't forget to baste!!

Nothing like hijacking a boring thread, eh?

B.

florida stairman

Sorry i bothered wise guy

florida stairman

Can we have nothing to attain too?
Just because there once was a michaelangelo or a leonardo-
Must everybody be nilhistic...nothing but downhill from here?
I musn't try because there is somebody better...
THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE BETTER & BIGGER
I'm not throwing up my hands.

florida stairman

dipstick go check your own thread

florida stairman

Just trying to dialogue w/o spammers interjecting their smarter than
you crap

Buddy Matlosz

"florida stairman" wrote in message
oups.com...
dipstick go check your own thread

If you don't have a chicken recipe to contribute, please butt out.

B.

florida stairman

Why even reply jughead

florida stairman

Is this the way it works.. you butt into something you're not the least
bit interested in just to be a smart a-

florida stairman

Get a life go cook your chicken
anybody like to talk with respect about the stair trade?

Edwin Pawlowski

"Buddy Matlosz" wrote in message

Is it an Oven Stuffer? Those are my favorite. How do you prepare it? I
coat
the outside lightly with olive oil and season with garlic powder, paprika,
and dill weed. (I accidentally used dill weed once when I thought I had
grabbed something else, but it tasted great and I've been using it ever
since). I also shove a whole quartered onion into the body cavity,
followed
by a splash of wine. Don't forget to baste!!

Yes, the OvenStuffer. Just the two of us so we get at least two dinners and
two lunches from one. I use a similar seasoning but often add rosemary
and/or basil to the mix.

I addition to the onion, a few lemon wedges in the cavity. Sometimes I
squeeze a half lemon over the top of it when plated. God recipe for lime
chicken on my web page.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

florida stairman

Nice stuff. Nice talking to someone who's not jerking.
Where you from?What state?
What wood was the stair made of?
Whew! Plowing the bottom of the curved rail was a real challenge and
time consuming for sure.
Making curved fillet strip. Lots of work.
Do you cad draw your work?
Did i see bowed treads & risers?
Really nice stuff- a genuine stairman... I can appreciate it....with
nothing better to do than cook chicken... Buddy's good at it I'm sure.
Be nice Buddy -cheer up!

Lew Hodgett

Buddy Matlosz wrote:

If you don't have a chicken recipe to contribute, please butt out.

Sounds good to me especially since with all the rain, can't work on the
boat today.

This is one I created a few weeks ago I call "Chicken Lewie".

CHICKEN LEWIE

4-6 Pieces of chicken with skin (I use thighs).
4-6 Stalks Celery, cleaned and chopped.
1-2 Large Onion, cleaned and chopped.
4-6 Cloves Garlic, cleaned and chopped.
1-2 Cans, Mushroom soup (10 oz)
1-2 Cans Sliced mushrooms (4 oz)
1 Cup, Uncooked Rice
2-3 Cups, Milk as required.
Kosher salt,
Fresh cracked black pepper.
Olive oil for cooking.

Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.

Using an 8 qt, cast iron Dutch oven, cover bottom with 1/4" olive oil
and brown chicken pieces starting skin down side.

Brown each side about 10 minutes the remove to plate and discard skin
from chicken.

Sweat onions, celery and garlic about 8-10 minutes adding salt and
pepper after each item is added.

Add mushroom soup, mushrooms and about 1 cup of milk, more salt and
pepper, then stir gently.

Return chicken to pot, then add enough milk to cover chicken.

Cover Dutch oven with lid and place in 325F oven for about 30 minutes.

Remove from oven, add uncooked rice, stir to mix, then return to oven
for another 30 minutes.

Remove from oven, keep covered, and allow to rest for about 20-30
minutes before serving. (This allows time for the rice to completely finish)

Keep a bottle of hot sauce available for those who like that sort of thing.

Enjoy

Lew

Tom Watson

On 13 Feb 2005 13:22:24 -0800, "florida stairman"
wrote:

Nice stuff. Nice talking to someone who's not jerking.
Where you from?What state?

Pennsylvania.

What wood was the stair made of?

Brazilian Cherry.

Whew! Plowing the bottom of the curved rail was a real challenge and
time consuming for sure.

I cut the rail into parts that were about 1/4" thick and glued them up
in place, using a form.

Making curved fillet strip. Lots of work.

Band sawed rough and routered to spec.

Do you cad draw your work?

TurboCad.

Did i see bowed treads & risers?

Only on the bottom.

Really nice stuff- a genuine stairman... I can appreciate it....with
nothing better to do than cook chicken... Buddy's good at it I'm sure.
Be nice Buddy -cheer up!

Thanks.

I did two curved stairs in that house and they were a joy to do, but I
would not like to be a full time stairman.

I did eight straight runs in the same house.

I also built the columns that you can see in the picture and the
entryway.

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/page19.htm

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/page20.htm

You should really go and look at Tommy Plamann's work, he's much
better than me.

http://www.plamann.com/sys-tmpl/door/

You should also go look at Mike Hide's website, he carves like an
angel - but I don't have the URL handy - maybe someone can help.

Please don't get put off by the wise ass stuff - this is basically a
hobbyist newsgroup and there are a lot of entrenched members who feel
the need to razz the newbies.

When I first started hanging out here in the 90's, I kept my mouth
shut for a long time, even though I was a pro.

The folks here are basically nice, and most of them are pretty smart -
but breaking in can be a little tough.

I welcome you. I have great respect for the stair trade and its
practitioners, and I hope that you wade through the initial crap and
hang around for the long term.

All the best.

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)

Ba r r y

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:24:29 GMT, Lew Hodgett
wrote:

Buddy Matlosz wrote:

If you don't have a chicken recipe to contribute, please butt out.

A quick and easy chicken snack:

Cook some boneless beasts on the George Foreman Grill.
Apply Frank's Red Hot sauce while they cook.

Slice the chicken into strips.
Apply more hot sauce.
Wrap the chicken, some bleu cheese, and lettuce in a warmed 12"
tortilla.

Serve with celery and bleu cheese salad dressing, and a good
microbrew.

FWIW, the George Foreman Grill is as useful in the kitchen as a router
is in the shop (maybe a #5 to neander. G)! We now have the model
where the internals are removable and dishwasher safe, for easy clean
up. We've cooked chicken, sausages, burgers, steaks, fish steaks,
turkey breasts, boneless pork chops, and more on the thing, it's
GREAT!

Barry

Larry Jaques

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:24:29 GMT, the inscrutable Lew Hodgett
spake:

Buddy Matlosz wrote:

If you don't have a chicken recipe to contribute, please butt out.

Sounds good to me especially since with all the rain, can't work on the
boat today.

This is one I created a few weeks ago I call "Chicken Lewie".

CHICKEN LEWIE

4-6 Pieces of chicken with skin (I use thighs).

--snip--

Hey, sounds good (with the exception of the fatty, old, chicken skin.)
I have some frozen birdy boobs in the freezer. Maybe I'll make that
tonight for dinner...

--
Vidi, Vici, Veni
---

Lew Hodgett

Larry Jaques wrote:

Hey, sounds good (with the exception of the fatty, old, chicken skin.)
I have some frozen birdy boobs in the freezer. Maybe I'll make that
tonight for dinner...

You simply use the skin to help brown the meat, then discard before
returning to the pot.

You DON'T EAT it.

Lew
Larry Jaques

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 23:56:33 GMT, the inscrutable Lew Hodgett
spake:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Hey, sounds good (with the exception of the fatty, old, chicken skin.)
I have some frozen birdy boobs in the freezer. Maybe I'll make that
tonight for dinner...

You simply use the skin to help brown the meat, then discard before
returning to the pot.

You DON'T EAT it.

If you cook with it, the fat which naturally occurs between skin and
meat is left in the pan; into the cooked dish. While that adds some
flavor, I'm not too fond of chicken fat.

----------------------------------
VIRTUE...is its own punishment
http://www.diversify.com Website Applications

Lew Hodgett

Larry Jaques wrote:

If you cook with it, the fat which naturally occurs between skin and
meat is left in the pan; into the cooked dish. While that adds some
flavor, I'm not too fond of chicken fat.

To each his own.

Enjoy.

(BTW, I just finished a serving)

Lew

Jason Quick

"florida stairman" wrote :

300.00 x no of days plus fudge

Ooh...you get *fudge* for building stairs, AND you get paid? Damn. If I
didn't have this high cholesterol, and that angioplasty to worry about...

Jason

Robert Bonomi

Robert Allison wrote:
Florida Stairman wrote:

Stair stuff to talk about? Write back!

It is not polite to stair.

That doesn't get a riser out of me!

They have their ups and downs.

What're y'all railing about?

Rail-ing? Nah. We do it in _style_.

Robert Bonomi

In article ,
J T wrote:
Sun, Feb 13, 2005, 12:49am (EST+5) says:
It is not polite to stair.

Wouldn't that be, shaken not staired?

No, no, NO. It is a style issue. _Shaker_, not staired.

"The name is Bond. TiteBond, II"

florida stairman

Hey good buddy
this thread is about stairs
This ain't the cookin channel.
Just the facts and here they a
stairs staircases stairparts handrailing balusters jigs for handrailing
newel posts box newel posts jigs for whatever
Come on in

Mike Marlow

"florida stairman" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey good buddy
this thread is about stairs
This ain't the cookin channel.
Just the facts and here they a
stairs staircases stairparts handrailing balusters jigs for handrailing
newel posts box newel posts jigs for whatever
Come on in

Hey there jonz6 - a hint... I don't know what kind of newsreader you're
using, or if you're posting from google, but when you don't include the text
you're responding to you create a huge vacuum around your comments. People
with offline newsreaders have no idea what you're talking about because most
do not download every thread and keep it on their hard drive, just to look
back and see what it is that you're responding to. Standard practice is to
include the text you're responding to so that your comments have a context.
--

-Mike-