Lew Hodgett

Buddy Matlosz wrote:

If you don't have a chicken recipe to contribute, please butt out.

Sounds good to me especially since with all the rain, can't work on the
boat today.

This is one I created a few weeks ago I call "Chicken Lewie".

CHICKEN LEWIE

4-6 Pieces of chicken with skin (I use thighs).
4-6 Stalks Celery, cleaned and chopped.
1-2 Large Onion, cleaned and chopped.
4-6 Cloves Garlic, cleaned and chopped.
1-2 Cans, Mushroom soup (10 oz)
1-2 Cans Sliced mushrooms (4 oz)
1 Cup, Uncooked Rice
2-3 Cups, Milk as required.
Kosher salt,
Fresh cracked black pepper.
Olive oil for cooking.

Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.

Using an 8 qt, cast iron Dutch oven, cover bottom with 1/4" olive oil
and brown chicken pieces starting skin down side.

Brown each side about 10 minutes the remove to plate and discard skin
from chicken.

Sweat onions, celery and garlic about 8-10 minutes adding salt and
pepper after each item is added.

Add mushroom soup, mushrooms and about 1 cup of milk, more salt and
pepper, then stir gently.

Return chicken to pot, then add enough milk to cover chicken.

Cover Dutch oven with lid and place in 325F oven for about 30 minutes.

Remove from oven, add uncooked rice, stir to mix, then return to oven
for another 30 minutes.

Remove from oven, keep covered, and allow to rest for about 20-30
minutes before serving. (This allows time for the rice to completely finish)

Keep a bottle of hot sauce available for those who like that sort of thing.

Enjoy

Lew