Highland Pairos

Default BIG OL' ORDER PLACED

I finally got to do it. We closed on the refinance for our house last week
and I just spent my part of the cash that we took out. I just ordered the
1023sl tablesaw w/ 7' rails, the 15" closed stand planer, and the 8" x 75"
jointer w/ extra knives, all from Grizzly. I also order the 2hp dust
collector from Harbor Freight and will be odering the cartridge filter that
fits it from Wynn Environmental. This weekend I will be getting the
basement ready to recieve the iron. I will be studding out an alcove for
storage, (get SWMBO's stuff out of my way) and studding out one long wall so
that I can hang electrical boxes, air lines and the dust collector main. I
will also be running the 220 circuit to run all of this stuff. Boy this
should be fun.

SteveP.

Jeff P.

There's no way you'll be able to get all that stuff installed anytime soon.
As a compassionate person I'd be willing to store it all in my basement
until further notice. Really though, sound like Christmas is coming early
(or maybe the next 20 Christmas's). Enjoy.

--
Jeff P.

A truck carrying copies of Roget's Thesaurus over-turned on the
highway. The local newspaper reported that the onlookers were
"stunned, overwhelmed, astonished, bewildered, and dumfounded."

Check out my woodshop at: www.sawdustcentral.com

"Highland Pairos" wrote in message
[...]

John Moorhead

Steve -

Well, let's start things off with a hearty "YOU SUCK!" Congrats! It's fun
getting new (or old ) arn, eh? I would be interested in what your feedback
is on the planer - I have a benchtop, and need.... MORE POWER... Oh, S***
you're getting an 8" jointer? 8"?? You definately suck... hehhehe...

I was *SO* excited when we were finally able to find/buy a cab saw... I got
a used General, and am very happy.

Now, go wipe that grin off your face and get some rags to clean up the
cosmolene...

John Moorhead

Edwin Pawlowski

"Highland Pairos" wrote in message
I finally got to do it. We closed on the refinance for our house last week
and I just spent my part of the cash that we took out. I just ordered the
1023sl tablesaw w/ 7' rails, the 15" closed stand planer, and the 8" x 75"
jointer w/ extra knives, all from Grizzly. I also order the 2hp dust
collector from Harbor Freight and will be odering the cartridge filter that
fits it from Wynn Environmental.

Sounds like you'll be having a good time for a few weeks. At least you
bought tools that will last longer than the payments you'll be making on
them.

Any projects planned to try them out?
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Highland Pairos

Some of the early work will be work for the mashines, i.e., crosscut sled,
outfeed and side support tables. The table saw 'station' is going to be
sizable. I hate wrestling full sheets, I want to be able to drop it on the
table and run it across. Then I think I will do an endtable that was in one
of the mags that was part of a whole family room/entertainment set. Then
there will be the builtins for the study, then the coffee table, then
the..........

Unfortunatley, I just got the e-mail that the jointer is out of stock and
will arrive in the warehouses on Feb 25th. I knew they were low and needed
to get my order in, but wanted to be sure that I would have the shop ready.
Oh well

SteveP.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news

"Highland Pairos" wrote in message
I finally got to do it. We closed on the refinance for our house last
week and I just spent my part of the cash that we took out. I just
ordered the 1023sl tablesaw w/ 7' rails, the 15" closed stand planer, and
the 8" x 75" jointer w/ extra knives, all from Grizzly. I also order the
2hp dust collector from Harbor Freight and will be odering the cartridge
filter that fits it from Wynn Environmental.

Sounds like you'll be having a good time for a few weeks. At least you
bought tools that will last longer than the payments you'll be making on
them.

Any projects planned to try them out?
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

charlie b

The vacuum was building - until I got to the word
"basement" and had to downgrade "YOU SUCK" to
"that's nice".

charlie b

Patriarch

"Highland Pairos" wrote in news:0uWPd.2137
:

"charlie b" wrote in message
The vacuum was building - until I got to the word
"basement" and had to downgrade "YOU SUCK" to
"that's nice".

charlie b

We northern California wooddorkers enjoy sunshine, fresh air and not having
to cart supplies and heavy machinery up and down stairs. If you have a
walkout basement with plenty of headroom, ventilation and sliding doors,
then you get upgraded back to "YOU SUCK".

Where I live, no basements. But I spent all Saturday working in the shop,
and on the driveway, in shirt sleeves and sunshine.

So I guess we all have to make sacrifices. ;-)

Patriarch

charlie b

Patriarch wrote

We northern California wooddorkers enjoy sunshine, fresh air and not having
to cart supplies and heavy machinery up and down stairs. If you have a
walkout basement with plenty of headroom, ventilation and sliding doors,
then you get upgraded back to "YOU SUCK".

Given the additional information (1800 sf for a shop), I must revise
my earlier response and totally agree with Partiarch

Where I live, no basements. But I spent all Saturday working in the shop,
and on the driveway, in shirt sleeves and sunshine.

Dude - shut up! Housing prices are bad enough without a bunch of
"freezin' their asses off easterners" migrating this way. Keep
bemoaning the fact that nice wood like those found in Pennsylvania
and Minnesota are hard to come by out here in EARTH QUAKE COUNTRY.
LAND SLIDES, SANTA ANA WINDS FIRESTORMS, hell, it wouldn't
hurt to mention Med Flies. And the volcanoes! Who knows when
Shasta's gonna blow. Stay away - it's too dangerous to live out
here and the ocean's 55 degrees all year round!

BTW Steve - YOU SUCK!

charlie b

Patriarch

charlie b wrote in
:

Patriarch wrote

[...]

So I met this young fellow a couple of months ago. From Montana. He's
out here in the Bay Area for a couple of years. Says the coldest winter
he ever spent was in the East Bay. Sounds a little like Mark Twain.

And the real estate vultures came around last week. Seems a 1400 sq ft
house on a less than 10,000 sq ft lot sold for $602k. 45+ years old.
Expansive soils. No view.

All those other hazards aren't near as dangerous as our politicians,
though....

Patriarch,
thinking somewhere like Jeffersonville, NY looks mighty nice...

(charlie b: does that do any good? ;-))