Lane

Default Warning Enco's online order system.

Thought I would share this to hopefully help anyone else avoid the same
problem.

I placed an online order on 9/7/03 and got an immediate email confirmation
from Enco. I emailed them asking about my order several days later but got
no reply. I called them this AM and found out they never got it. I had to
replace my order over the phone. They have a problem in their system, seems
like one hand isn't talking to the other. I was told they are working on it.

So, don't use their web page for an order. Call them in instead.

Lane

Paul Hiers

"Lane" lanenospam@copperaccentsdotcom wrote in message ...
Thought I would share this to hopefully help anyone else avoid the same
problem.

I placed an online order on 9/7/03 and got an immediate email confirmation
from Enco. I emailed them asking about my order several days later but got
no reply. I called them this AM and found out they never got it. I had to
replace my order over the phone. They have a problem in their system, seems
like one hand isn't talking to the other. I was told they are working on it.

So, don't use their web page for an order. Call them in instead.

Lane

Lane, I think the problem must be fixed. I used the online order
system this morning,(9-15),got the immediate email confirmation, and
by this evening had the shipping notifcation from enco.
Lane

Good for you. I clearly waited too long to check on my order, but it was a
busy week
When I talked to customer service, I got the feeling that it wasn't a
constant all the time problem, happens just with the lucky ones. grin
Lane

"Paul Hiers" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Lane

Got this email today; sounds like they are improving things:
"Lane" lanenospam@copperaccentsdotcom wrote in message
Thought I would share this to hopefully help anyone else avoid the same
problem.

I placed an online order on 9/7/03 and got an immediate email confirmation
from Enco. I emailed them asking about my order several days later but got
no reply. I called them this AM and found out they never got it. I had to
replace my order over the phone. They have a problem in their system,

seems
like one hand isn't talking to the other. I was told they are working on

it.

So, don't use their web page for an order. Call them in instead.

Lane

Got this email today from Enco's Operations Manager; sounds like they are
fixing the problem and improving the web site at the same time.
-----------------------------------
We're sorry to hear that there was a problem with your recent online order.
We strive to make every customer experience "perfect", and we're

disappointed that we let you down on your recent order.

Without going into all of the details, we have been aware for a few months

that there was a "leak" in our ordering system, allowing orders to

occasionally "fall out" of our processing system for no apparent reason.

Our programmers and web developers have been working feverishly on a major

enhancement to fix this issue (as well as others).

Our new and improved use-enco.com will be rolled out to the public on Friday

morning, September 19. The new website will have a mechanism for users to

check the status of their existing orders, and even get on-line order

tracking information. We hope you'll visit our enhanced website and give us

another chance to earn your business.

Thank you for your honest feedback. Your input helps us to make Enco better

at providing you and the rest of our customers The Right Tool At The Right

Price. We hope you'll shop with us again soon!

Best Regards!

Doug Styes

Operations Manager

Enco

New system nightmare Victoria UK diy 18 December 23rd 03 12:30 PM
Where to order loft insulation online Bill Gardener UK diy 4 December 8th 03 09:10 PM
Radiators and CH system... Christian McArdle UK diy 4 September 2nd 03 04:10 PM
mains Hot water, and do I convert open heating to a closed heating system Ian Tracey UK diy 5 July 18th 03 09:55 AM