Default Shopmade shed windows

I am making a potting shed for my wife. As many of us know, these
things must be cute instead of utilitarian. For me that means custom
windows. They must be 6 or eight light in pairs. Window will be about
18-20" wide and about 36 or so tall. Anyone ever took on such a
project? This does not have to be a fancy window like a double hung.
More like a "wall of glass". A frame with the glass panes in it and to
open the window you can just tilt it inside 6 or 8 inches and hold it
with a chain. Any ideas how to do this? Making the "window" part of
the window that is.

I have all the regular shop cast of characters. Hand and power tools,
and a decent amount of ability to use them should I know how to start
at least. Any websites or book dedicated to homemade windows? I
checked my local Barnes and noble with no luck as well as my library.
Thanks for any help.

Duane Bozarth

I am making a potting shed for my wife. As many of us know, these
things must be cute instead of utilitarian. For me that means custom
windows. They must be 6 or eight light in pairs. Window will be about
18-20" wide and about 36 or so tall. Anyone ever took on such a
project? This does not have to be a fancy window like a double hung.
More like a "wall of glass". A frame with the glass panes in it and to
open the window you can just tilt it inside 6 or 8 inches and hold it
with a chain. Any ideas how to do this? Making the "window" part of
the window that is.

There's an article in a recent FWW showing a simplified way of making
divided light transom windows...all required is to change the size to
whatever you want.

I've built a large number of replacement windows for the
barn...traditional cope and stick is simple w/ either the Whiteside or
other combination router bits if you don't want the through tenon. CMT
and Amana also make a set, I'm sure there are others as well.

Delta has quit making their line of 1/2" spindle shaper cutters
entirely, unfortunately, which is the only place I know of to get the
stub-shaft cutter required to make the relief cut in order to make the
full tenon. As I have another set of sixteen to go, I'm thinking I'll
get a custom one made to match the profile of the Whiteside router
set...

But, for just one or two and if you're looking for simple, look for the
FWW article--I'll see if I can find and post the particular issue...
Duane Bozarth

Duane Bozarth wrote:
There's an article in a recent FWW showing a simplified way of making
divided light transom windows...all required is to change the size to
whatever you want.

Sorry, that was FHB, not FWW...

Duane Bozarth

Duane Bozarth wrote:

Duane Bozarth wrote:
There's an article in a recent FWW showing a simplified way of making
divided light transom windows...all required is to change the size to
whatever you want.

Sorry, that was FHB, not FWW...

And, it was #165, Sept '04...

His technique used separate tack-on moulding on both sides for an
interior window. For an exterior window I'd suggest standard glazing for
the outside instead.

Storm window as main shed window? Dave K. Home Repair 3 July 25th 18 10:44 PM
Shed Electrics Paul UK diy 15 May 22nd 04 12:48 PM
Newpro - Avoid them at ALL costs! Kevin Mandeville Home Ownership 0 October 3rd 03 10:15 PM
adding on to our house - which windows? Michele Home Ownership 4 September 11th 03 05:38 AM
[OT] Car insurance craziness The Q UK diy 173 August 2nd 03 10:58 PM