Edwin Pawlowski

Default Stop Arthritis

wrote in message
oups.com...
Help stop Arthritis by supporting The Arthritis Foundation:
http://www.arthrirg

Reported to

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 23:17:46 -0500, "Jeff Goslin"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Help stop Arthritis by supporting The Arthritis Foundation:
http://www.arthritis.org

Shockingly, rec.sport.masturbating was NOT included in the crossposting...

...or would that group be spammed from the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Foundation?

Well, one of the best ways to slow down the progression of arthritis
is to keep the joints moving under low stress by doing something like
woodworking.

Works for me anyway.

--RC
"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 19:16:52 GMT, the inscrutable "Bob Schmall"
spake:

Thanks for telling me to keep doing what I've been doing for years. Always
reassuring to know you're on the right path.

Hey, Schmally! I noticed a definite decrease (oh, 95% or better)
when I went on that Candida Diet thang. It turns out that most
of my arthritis and muscle pains are entirely food-allergy-related.
My knee didn't hurt a bit while I was away from the guilty foods.
I now save $30-50/mo by not buying arthritis drugs.

See if your library has a copy of Dr. Crook's "Candida Cookbook".
I lost 20 lbs that month and felt better (+ had more energy) than
I had in years. I'm gearing up to do it again this coming week.

LJ--who tried gluc, gluc/chon, g/c/msm for years and found no relief.

--
The clear and present danger of top-posting explored at:
http://diversify.com Premium Website Development

Charlie Self

Bob Schmall responds:

OA runs in my family. I just had my first cortesone shot on Jan 27. It
seems to help. I also take Glucosomine and MSM and chondriatin
(spelchekker going ape) but I find that oxycontin and demerol are a
little nicer than your straight heroin... especially if you wash it down
with 40 oz. of single malt scotch.

40 ounces? That's a quart and a quarter. How could anything bother you after
that?

Do it fast enough, especially with a pre-load of Demerol or oxy-contin, and it
will was all your troubles away--forever.

Couple, three years ago, I was in the hospital with pancreatitis...you do not
want this, I assure you. Anyway, they were giving me a choice, Demerol or
morphine. Great stuff for great pain. You may still hurt, but you no longer
give a ****.

To sweeten things a bit, you might try aspartame tablets. Equal. Weirdly
enough, the pills tend to reduce inflammation, thus the pain from inflammation.

Charlie Self
"I think we agree, the past is over." George W. Bush
Bob Schmall

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 19:16:52 GMT, the inscrutable "Bob Schmall"
spake:

Thanks for telling me to keep doing what I've been doing for years. Always
reassuring to know you're on the right path.

Hey, Schmally! I noticed a definite decrease (oh, 95% or better)
when I went on that Candida Diet thang. It turns out that most
of my arthritis and muscle pains are entirely food-allergy-related.
My knee didn't hurt a bit while I was away from the guilty foods.
I now save $30-50/mo by not buying arthritis drugs.

See if your library has a copy of Dr. Crook's "Candida Cookbook".
I lost 20 lbs that month and felt better (+ had more energy) than
I had in years. I'm gearing up to do it again this coming week.

Hey Jakey! Whatcha gonna do with the money? See Robatoy for the Single Malt
Diet?

Robatoy

In article ,
"Bob Schmall" wrote:

[schnipperectomy]

OA runs in my family. I just had my first cortesone shot on Jan 27. It
seems to help. I also take Glucosomine and MSM and chondriatin
(spelchekker going ape) but I find that oxycontin and demerol are a
little nicer than your straight heroin... especially if you wash it down
with 40 oz. of single malt scotch.

40 ounces? That's a quart and a quarter. How could anything bother you after
that?

Just kidding. I don't drink like I thought I could...way back when...

I might have a snort of brandy with my 84-year-old dad, and then it's a
race who snores first. Lately I don't have any alcohol because Doc has
precribed Naprosin. He did that when the Vioxx hit the fan. I only took
Vioxx for a few weeks...did nuttin'. Naprosin works great for my OA, but
alcohol will burn a hole in your stomach when taking Naprosin. Skip
taking food by accident and Naprosin will hurt like crazy.
Now, with the cortosone shot, I hope to drop the Naprosin so I can have
40 oz of booze and take that rifle away from whoever just shot me...
Robatoy

In article ,
"Bob Schmall" wrote:

[...]

I went on a two-week crash diet.

So far, I have lost 6 days.
Bob Schmall

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Bob Schmall" wrote:

[schnipperectomy]

[...]

My late mother didn't take food with her meds (Naprosin was among them,
IIRC) and did exactly that. She was in the hospital and they had to close
the ulcer in her stomach so she could die comfortably of emphysema. Sheesh.

Bob

Larry Jaques

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 01:08:08 GMT, the inscrutable "Bob Schmall"
spake:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

I now save $30-50/mo by not buying arthritis drugs.

See if your library has a copy of Dr. Crook's "Candida Cookbook".
I lost 20 lbs that month and felt better (+ had more energy) than
I had in years. I'm gearing up to do it again this coming week.

Hey Jakey! Whatcha gonna do with the money?

Collect more tools and WW books, what else?

See Robatoy for the Single Malt Diet?

Pass. Remember that I'm an EX-drunk. No moa dat fo me.

--
The clear and present danger of top-posting explored at:
http://diversify.com Premium Website Development

jaime

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 17:44:07 -0500, GregP
wrote:

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 14:31:06 GMT, "Bob Schmall"
wrote:

Bob, who is only mildly arhtritic and recommends glucosamine.

I'm bad at taking any sort of "medicine" for anything,
but my joints are quick to tell me when I've forgotten
the glucosamine tablets.

I take aspirin for my arthritis and leave it at that.

Rob Mitchell

Shockingly, rec.sport.masturbating was NOT included in the crossposting...

...or would that group be spammed from the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Foundation?

No, the National Peyronie's Disease Foundation

Mike Smith

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 01:27:08 -0500, "Jeff Goslin"
wrote:

"Mike Smith" wrote in message
.. .
I'm planning on installing a neg-air device on the changing table to
vent all the "odors" outside through a dryer vent installed in the
kid's room. This should be interesting.

Well, I haven't had direct experience with KID ****, but I can speak from
related experience insomuch as most OTHER **** I've had the displeasure of
experiencing up close and personal in terms of odor, hasn't been quite so
much eliminated by the use of a fan, as it has been "dispersed".
Personally, I'd prefer a focus of stench rather than a generalized foulness.
That's just me, mind you. YMMV.

FYI, Jeff.. A neg air device is used in asbestos removal and mold
remediation. It vents the air outside, via a hose. I plan on modifying
that concept by installing a fan and charcoal filter under the
changing area and venting it outside via a typical dryer hose setup.
And, yes, there will be either slats or holes cut into the changing
table to accomodate the fan's movement of air to the outside....

Geez.... gotta explain everything....

Mike Smith
jaime

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 11:20:12 GMT, Mike Smith wrote:

Geez.... gotta explain everything....

Some people just do not get it the first 10 times, eh? :-)

**************************************
I'm *not* a bad person. I simply made the
mistake of getting involved with a *jack*ss*.
Is it ironic that he lives on a farm?
**************************************
Swingman

"Mike Smith" wrote in message

FYI, Jeff.. A neg air device is used in asbestos removal and mold
remediation. It vents the air outside, via a hose. I plan on modifying
that concept by installing a fan and charcoal filter under the
changing area and venting it outside via a typical dryer hose setup.
And, yes, there will be either slats or holes cut into the changing
table to accomodate the fan's movement of air to the outside....

LOL ... let's hope you don't end up sucking out the baby with the changing
fumes.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

Mike Smith

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 07:10:50 -0600, "Swingman" wrote:

"Mike Smith" wrote in message

FYI, Jeff.. A neg air device is used in asbestos removal and mold
remediation. It vents the air outside, via a hose. I plan on modifying
that concept by installing a fan and charcoal filter under the
changing area and venting it outside via a typical dryer hose setup.
And, yes, there will be either slats or holes cut into the changing
table to accomodate the fan's movement of air to the outside....

LOL ... let's hope you don't end up sucking out the baby with the changing
fumes.

Hmmmm... Two speed fan?

Mike Smith

Jeff Goslin

"Mike Smith" wrote in message
On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 01:27:08 -0500, "Jeff Goslin"
wrote:

"Mike Smith" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Well, see, here's the thing. I understood the concept totally. Put an air
purifier and a fan, vent it outside, blah blah blah, all that I got. What I
was noting was that if you fan around the smell of ****, what you will end
up with is a dispersed smell of ****, not a "missing" smell of ****, in
other words, the fan will move the air around such that it will smell
somewhat in a much larger area, rather that smelling a lot in a small area.
Not a good thing.

Plus which, are you insane??? It is my understanding that baby **** is
basically like friggin ghostbuster slime, and putting "slats" in the
changing table will only serve to ensure that you will never sop up the
entire mess, given that half of it will be under the changing table holes.
Babies are disgusting like that.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

Phelps

In article ,
"Jeff Goslin" wrote:

Well, see, here's the thing. I understood the concept totally. Put an air
purifier and a fan, vent it outside, blah blah blah, all that I got. What I
was noting was that if you fan around the smell of ****, what you will end
up with is a dispersed smell of ****, not a "missing" smell of ****, in
other words, the fan will move the air around such that it will smell
somewhat in a much larger area, rather that smelling a lot in a small area.
Not a good thing.

Plus which, are you insane??? It is my understanding that baby **** is
basically like friggin ghostbuster slime, and putting "slats" in the
changing table will only serve to ensure that you will never sop up the
entire mess, given that half of it will be under the changing table holes.
Babies are disgusting like that.

I think it would be an interesting experiment. First thing I wonder
about, though, is what is the point of the filter? It's going outside,
right? Who cares if it stinks outside on the side of the house? A
quick breeze and its gone.

The second thing is that I think I would line the outside edge of the
table with the vents rather than try slats. You can use more vacuum
safely that way, and it should set up a nice airflow to pull all the
smell into the vents. It would be something like this:

(Good Air Up Here)

--- | ---
| -- \|/ --- |
| |^ --- ^| |
| -------------- |
--------| |-------
| |

\|/
(Bad Smell Goes Here)

That way your airflow from above would be trapped at the edges, leaving
the inside to flow down to the basin. The air at the basin would be
drawn to the sides, where it is vacuumed too. (I love the smell of
ASCII art in the morning.)

--
Phelps http://www.donotremove.net
"Bury me with all my stuff, because you know that it is mine."
Darby

Your message is still coming into alt.sport.bowling. I think you intend it
just for the woodworking group, right?
Dar

"Bob Bowles" wrote in message
The crib FAQ was an instant cure for insomnia for me. I bought the
Rockler pile, er "plan" as it HAD to conform to regs he thought.
Their harware kit had items I wouldn't have selected either. DIL
asked for a drawer on full extension slides that hung under the
mattress that really worked well without footprint penalty.

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 02:49:27 GMT, Mike Smith wrote:

I bought what Rockler was peddling as a crib plan and found it
woefully short! Got it finished by working around the serious
shortcomings.

I'm fairly good at creating my own plans, but why re-invent the wheel
if there's a workable crib plan out there.

Mike Smith

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 08:12:53 -0800, Bob Bowles
wrote:

The crib FAQ was an instant cure for insomnia for me. I bought the
Rockler pile, er "plan" as it HAD to conform to regs he thought.
Their harware kit had items I wouldn't have selected either. DIL
asked for a drawer on full extension slides that hung under the
mattress that really worked well without footprint penalty.

OK. I was thinking about a lift up and flop over changing table on the
end of the crib, but I'll ask my DIL if she'd like a drawer under the
mattress, too.

Mike Smith

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 02:49:27 GMT, Mike Smith wrote:

I bought what Rockler was peddling as a crib plan and found it
woefully short! Got it finished by working around the serious
shortcomings.

I'm fairly good at creating my own plans, but why re-invent the wheel
if there's a workable crib plan out there.

Mike Smith

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 13:02:46 -0600, Phelps
wrote:

I think it would be an interesting experiment. First thing I wonder
about, though, is what is the point of the filter? It's going outside,
right? Who cares if it stinks outside on the side of the house? A
quick breeze and its gone.

The filter would help with any "droppings". Why carbon? I don't
know... They are easy to get?

The second thing is that I think I would line the outside edge of the
table with the vents rather than try slats. You can use more vacuum
safely that way, and it should set up a nice airflow to pull all the
smell into the vents. It would be something like this:

(Good Air Up Here)

--- | ---
| -- \|/ --- |
| |^ --- ^| |
| -------------- |
--------| |-------
| |

\|/
(Bad Smell Goes Here)

That way your airflow from above would be trapped at the edges, leaving
the inside to flow down to the basin. The air at the basin would be
drawn to the sides, where it is vacuumed too. (I love the smell of
ASCII art in the morning.)

OK, that idea could be easily incorporated into the plan. As long as
the odor doesn't approach the nose, everything else is immaterial.

Mike Smith

Mike Smith

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 10:39:24 -0500, "Jeff Goslin"
wrote:

"Mike Smith" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 01:27:08 -0500, "Jeff Goslin"
wrote:

"Mike Smith" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Ummmmm.... No... you don't understand the concept. The fan would be
set up to pull air into the hose that exits outside, not vice-versa...

Plus which, are you insane??? It is my understanding that baby **** is
basically like friggin ghostbuster slime, and putting "slats" in the
changing table will only serve to ensure that you will never sop up the
entire mess, given that half of it will be under the changing table holes.
Babies are disgusting like that.

Now you have a point. Phelps has a good solution.

Mike Smith

Swingman

"Mike Smith" wrote in message

The filter would help with any "droppings".

This is going to go down in the archives as one of the all time classic wRec
threads!!

ROTFLMAO!! ... "droppings"? Sounds more like a bird cage than a changing
table..

How long has it been since you've changed a diaper? It's been about 18 years
for me, but I don't recall anything that could remotely be referred to as
"droppings" ... more like "spillage".

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

Mike Smith

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 16:16:03 -0600, "Swingman" wrote:

"Mike Smith" wrote in message

The filter would help with any "droppings".

This is going to go down in the archives as one of the all time classic wRec
threads!!

ROTFLMAO!! ... "droppings"? Sounds more like a bird cage than a changing
table..

How long has it been since you've changed a diaper? It's been about 18 years
for me, but I don't recall anything that could remotely be referred to as
"droppings" ... more like "spillage".

Well... My youngest is 26, so it has been a while....

I like the " air slats along the edge of the table" idea.

Mike Smith

safety question - many short cut-offs using a stop igor Woodworking 16 November 21st 04 02:17 AM
Stop the Saw Blade / Contest Suzie-Q Home Repair 3 August 13th 04 10:29 PM
noisy plumbing and no stop cock! Micko UK diy 2 April 20th 04 10:27 AM
Stop cock leaking Rich UK diy 7 September 29th 03 01:45 PM
Low water pressure and stop tap? Simom UK diy 1 July 24th 03 06:19 PM