Mike Smith

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 10:39:24 -0500, "Jeff Goslin"
wrote:

"Mike Smith" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 01:27:08 -0500, "Jeff Goslin"
wrote:

"Mike Smith" wrote in message
.. .
I'm planning on installing a neg-air device on the changing table to
vent all the "odors" outside through a dryer vent installed in the
kid's room. This should be interesting.

Well, I haven't had direct experience with KID ****, but I can speak from
related experience insomuch as most OTHER **** I've had the displeasure

of
experiencing up close and personal in terms of odor, hasn't been quite so
much eliminated by the use of a fan, as it has been "dispersed".
Personally, I'd prefer a focus of stench rather than a generalized

foulness.
That's just me, mind you. YMMV.

FYI, Jeff.. A neg air device is used in asbestos removal and mold
remediation. It vents the air outside, via a hose. I plan on modifying
that concept by installing a fan and charcoal filter under the
changing area and venting it outside via a typical dryer hose setup.
And, yes, there will be either slats or holes cut into the changing
table to accomodate the fan's movement of air to the outside....

Geez.... gotta explain everything....

Well, see, here's the thing. I understood the concept totally. Put an air
purifier and a fan, vent it outside, blah blah blah, all that I got. What I
was noting was that if you fan around the smell of ****, what you will end
up with is a dispersed smell of ****, not a "missing" smell of ****, in
other words, the fan will move the air around such that it will smell
somewhat in a much larger area, rather that smelling a lot in a small area.
Not a good thing.

Ummmmm.... No... you don't understand the concept. The fan would be
set up to pull air into the hose that exits outside, not vice-versa...

Plus which, are you insane??? It is my understanding that baby **** is
basically like friggin ghostbuster slime, and putting "slats" in the
changing table will only serve to ensure that you will never sop up the
entire mess, given that half of it will be under the changing table holes.
Babies are disgusting like that.

Now you have a point. Phelps has a good solution.

Mike Smith