Mike Smith

On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 13:02:46 -0600, Phelps
wrote:

I think it would be an interesting experiment. First thing I wonder
about, though, is what is the point of the filter? It's going outside,
right? Who cares if it stinks outside on the side of the house? A
quick breeze and its gone.

The filter would help with any "droppings". Why carbon? I don't
know... They are easy to get?

The second thing is that I think I would line the outside edge of the
table with the vents rather than try slats. You can use more vacuum
safely that way, and it should set up a nice airflow to pull all the
smell into the vents. It would be something like this:

(Good Air Up Here)

--- | ---
| -- \|/ --- |
| |^ --- ^| |
| -------------- |
--------| |-------
| |

\|/
(Bad Smell Goes Here)

That way your airflow from above would be trapped at the edges, leaving
the inside to flow down to the basin. The air at the basin would be
drawn to the sides, where it is vacuumed too. (I love the smell of
ASCII art in the morning.)

OK, that idea could be easily incorporated into the plan. As long as
the odor doesn't approach the nose, everything else is immaterial.

Mike Smith