Dave Mack Sr.

Default Router attached to Unisaw extention

Hi all. I have A Delta Unisaw X5 that I got from Rockler ($ 1550.00) Used
as display but was taking up to much room. My question is I bought the
plate to mount my PC router to the extention table but have not figured how
I wannt to work a fense for it. My thoughts are to make a jig that attaches
to the bessy fence. Anyone else done this? Suggestions? The saw is in a
friends garage while I wait for the new shop to be built 24x22 on the back
of the garage. Yeah I had to make it a home. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Dave Mack
Metro Atlanta

Edwin Pawlowski

"Dave Mack Sr." wrote in message
My thoughts are to make a jig that attaches to the bessy fence. Anyone
else done this? Suggestions?

Separate would be better. A good router fence should have a method of dust
collection and a way of attaching featherboards and stops. That should be
simple enough to come up with and attach to the Bies fence.

My thought, thou, is now you have two tools tied up for one operation. What
if during the routing, you want to cut a new piece or take a break and do
another part of a project. Shame to have to move that just perfect router
setup to rib a board.

Lars Stole

The Nov 2004 issue of Wood magazine has a nnice set of plans for a
router fence with dust collection that attaches to a Bies. fence and
looks simple to build and very functional. I'm sure there are dozens
of similar plans on the net.